Register now to get rid of these ads!

Hot Rods Historic Hot Rod & MTV

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by JimA, Oct 25, 2011.

1. JimA

JimA
    BANNED

Since I moved this year I have slowly been putting my life back together after packing all of it into a van and moving it from California to Texas. One of the things I have been trying to organize is all the discs of pictures accumulated over the last 10 years. Just found this one tonight I forgot existed.
    Back story- early 2007 I was contacted at the GNRS by the people from "Parental Control" MTV who wanted to use my Roadster pickup after we painted the orange scallop on it and stuck it in the Suede Palace. Alex Gambino brought them over and made the introduction. I asked a few local friends to join in as background cars and another to be used in a drag race against my RPU.
    Everyone showed up early and they got to work putting mics in the cars and setting up the scene. I was filmed giving them instructions but somehow didn't make the cut to TV.
    Here's the pics a friend shot and I forgot about- this was the first time I looked at the disc. Was a fun day with my friends.

Attached Files:

2. JimA

JimA
    BANNED

The "Race" included my car and my friend Dr. Bob's roadster. At the time he didn't know any history on the car before he thought it was built in the south in the Early 70s. I recognized the the tubes built into the lower body as the Nailhead powered Roadster that belonged to a worker at the Barris shop in the mid sixties. He didn't believe me until I showed him the pictures. His car once wore Barris crests! Then a few months later there was a picture that showed it had been in the early form of the L.A. Roadster club- again I showed him another piece of his cars history. Finally I was at the GNRS this year and after studying all the old pictures in the Larry Watson display I found yet another link to the cars past with a picture of the car with a fresh gold Watson spray job! Three times I linked Dr. Bob's roadster to it's past- and a few minutes after I saw the picture Bob walked by and I took him to look at the pictures. was really cool to make the link. Recently Ric posted a few of the Roadster when it was in Watson's shop.

Attached Files:

3. Very cool stuff, Jim. Isn't that the Roadster P/U that you built originally for Peter Guida?.....Don.

4. 327-365hp

327-365hp
    from Mass

She's a babe, he's a creep. You would've been much better for the lead! I was at GNRS in '07 and saw your rpu in person. Has it really been five years!

5. 1950ChevySuburban

1950ChevySuburban
    Member Emeritus
    from Tucson AZ

Nice! HAHA I'm thinking "nice butt-crack" and then I noticed you titled that pic crack.jpg!

Cool pics Jim!

6. 73super

73super

MTV sucks. Nothing good on it since the 80's. I Like the cars.. maybe they're changing their ways?

7. ThompsonSpeed

ThompsonSpeed

Thats a great Story! Good pics!