Register now to get rid of these ads!

Vintage Slotcars

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by str8 6 str8 edge, Jun 9, 2009.

1. Red Dragon Racing

Red Dragon Racing
    from Indiana

Anyone heard of an early Penske Racing set that had Mark Donahue cars? Sunoco Porsche and AMX Javlin? Found it at a local flea market as a Christmas present for my dad. Don't know if it has any rarity to it.

2. Deuces

Deuces

The holidays are right around the corner... Time to set up 124 feet of track... ;)

Attached Files:

3. gnichols

gnichols
    from Tampa, FL

I college we had Pot Luck Slot Car races over Christmas break for all the "townies" and profs who didn't go home for the holidays. After the food, we raced in eliminations and the winner got a cool trophy. What was neat was we used my darkroom timer, a big GreyLab, to time the races. A "ref" (me) controlled the clock. Heats were about 5 minutes, the final 10. The timer worked great because at the start both drivers could mat the throttle triggers but the cars would only start when the ref hit the on switch. When a car left the track, the ref cut the power. The leader coasted to a stop and the crashee was placed on the track in the area it departed. Then the drivers matted the throttle again and the ref hit the on button to resume the race. In that way, the leader didn't get too far ahead and keeping track of laps was easy. When the timer shut down, the cars stopped and the winner was easy to determine. Beer, good chilli and cornbread helps. Gary

Forgot to add, the timer was turned around, so the drivers could not tell how much time was left in the race.

4. racer67x

racer67x

is the pickup original?
    have one just like it...have to get a pic of it to show you but I'm thinking it was made from a non running trainset truck body..

5. SuddenDeath

SuddenDeath
    from Florida

Nothing quite like the smell of hot Aurora red oil on a pancake motor!

6. Coupe Crazy

Coupe Crazy
    from LI, NY

7. rosco gordy

rosco gordy

Still got mine and the old reed cars too!! had em 50 years

8. Deuces

Deuces

Here's a few more from my stash....;)

Attached Files:

9. I like slots and the "Slots-O-Doom" races... but my cars were all totaled from the last race!

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/cNluqaRG8cQ" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

10. Deuces

Deuces

11. Paul B

Paul B

Guy i work with still has some inthe orginal packages never opened from when he was a kid .wont sell them

12. MilesM

MilesM

Wow this brings back memories. Just dug out all my old stuff and setting up a track.

Check this out!

Attached Files:

13. Boeing Bomber

Boeing Bomber

I called my Bro to ask about the truck. He tells me it's an original Aurora "Vibrator". The had a unique chassis with a roller on the back with a tong against it. As the car ran along it would make a revving noise.
    A company called "Road Race Replicas" in Coupeville Wa. (kool name) sells repop bodies of it, along with other old Aurora bodies, and body pieces. (grilles, bumpers, glass...)

14. Deuces

Deuces

"Road Race Replicas" is a very cool site... Been on there lots of times.. :)

15. dana barlow

dana barlow
    from Miami Fla.
    1. Y-blocks

Back in the late 60's here in Miami Fl. there must of been 10 or so stores with track to rent in both HO/1/32/and 1/24 tracks. Big tracks of 6 to 8 lanes,I gusee many of them ended up trashed when the hobby fell out of pop.

16. Deuces

Deuces

17. Deuces

Deuces

Attached Files:

18. Deuces

Deuces

....... And one more!
    Some of you older guys will love this site..;)

www.tjets.com

19. MilesM

MilesM

One more time as a jpeg. Check out MoKan!

Attached Files:

20. My Mom bought me one of these in the 60's (long gone), and this one last Christmas:D. I think it's called The Viper

[​IMG]

21. CruZer

CruZer

Does anyone remember the Eldon trophy set with the metallic look '69 Camaro and Mustang?I still have that set but all of the tires are either worn out or cracked into pieces.

My son (who is 33 now ) and I put a lot of miles on those cars.

Eldon has been gone for a lot of years.I sure would like to find parts to rebuild that set so my grandaughter could play with it.

22. 51 Hemi J

51 Hemi J

Heres my track. We run some super G+ cars on there and can clear the track in 2 seconds.

[​IMG]

We use Lap timer 2000 and have photocells imbedded in the track at the gantry start/finish line. All of the track is glued and soldered. Very fast and real fun!

23. Deuces

Deuces

Do a seach on ebay!! I'm sure you would be able to find new replacement parts for those cars..;)

24. Deuces

Deuces

25. Stock Racer

Stock Racer

Hey Guys,

For the bigger stuff like Eldon etc check out the Electric Dreams website.

26. need louvers ?

need louvers ?

Was just down at Miles M's play house yesterday... He's got it bad! 'Course, this morning I'm sitting at my coffee table going through my collection of HO stuff! Let's see... A couple of T-jets, a couple of magnet A/FX cars, a G-Plus, and a couple of Tyco 440 cars, Lexan bodies, that should work for a start! so Miles, when is that track supposed to arrive? My offer to help set up still goes.

27. Deuces

Deuces

28. MilesM

MilesM

I need to make some sides on my table. The cars fly off!

Building a drag strip next.

29. Diana The Doc

Diana The Doc
    from New York

Several years ago I bought a couple thousand dollars worth of "HO scale" stuff off of ebay, because I was being funded to produce a short film using the stuff... Much of the stuff I purchased was to construct a realistic drag strip environment... Some of it is misc buildings, people, swimming pools, landscapes, movie theatres, factories, etc... I realized that I didn't have the time to do the project, so I gave the funding cash back, and now I still have the stuff... Eventually I have to get it set up, I want to shoot film and/or videotape the stuff in action and get a short film produced or something like that... I've got the skills to do the soundtrack and "sound design" work necessary to do so... It's sort of a shame that the Drag Racing Underground business and my Big Stick music thing are both serious "time burglars", making it almost impossible to get started on the "HO scale" project... Maybe some day... I appreciate seeing all the pics in this thread, this kinda stuff is pretty kewel-- It stimulates your imagination...

my drag racin' blog...
    http://www.dragracingunderground.com/~dragrac/index.php?option=com_myblog&Itemid=27

30. 1950ChevySuburban

1950ChevySuburban
    Member Emeritus
    from Tucson AZ

I've still got all my HO cars, just need a place to set up track!