Register now to get rid of these ads!

Lee Pratt's Kustoms

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Zed, Jan 10, 2008.

1. epinut

epinut

When it looked it's best...

Attached Files:

2. "Whitey Ford" 62 Uni

"Whitey Ford" 62 Uni
    from Tampa, FL

I know this is old but i was bored and just going through old posts but what the...how?....why?....where?....did they...? I mean JESUS!!!! There is a big JESUS on the back now and its ....im fucking speechless.....i dont know where to start. Worst thing is there was obviosuly many people involved with this and not one person said..."listen amn..um your really going to fuck this car up if you do this"... talk about just destroying something. This reminds me of stories where pople are tearing down historical landmarks to build a fucking wal mart or something. What an ass hat....

Anyway the purple stage of that cars life was the best....now its a damn wal mart on wheels......

3. atomickustom

atomickustom

Aw, c'mon guys - ruined?? It's a paint job! It's not like they cut the roof off or gave it fender flairs and square quad headlights or something.
    It would have been soooo much worse if they had given it some '80s style graphics or a really awful flame job.
    The car always looked like a lowrider to me, anyway. Now it's just completely out of the closet.
    The next owner can always sand it down and paint it purple and lavender if they want to.

4. 32fenderless

32fenderless

A friend on mine bought the shoebox ford convertible that Lee was working on when he went through his divorce. The car sat in the garage for well over 20 years untouched. I went and looked at it a couple weeks ago. The new owner is going to finish it the way Lee invisioned. Lee was writing tech articles about the car in a magazine. I cant remember which magazine he was writing for at the time. There was an ad placed in the local paper for a 49 or 50 I cant remember which it is. but the ad was listed for a 49/50 tudor. Matt said he about shit himself when they opened the door and that car was inside. The sheetrock from the ceiling had fallen on the car. The car has alot of cool handmade parts on it. Like the air compressor brackets on the flathead. The reworked inner fender panels and a ton of extra parts, like extra doors, side trim, dash knobs.

Jason

5. bigboytransporting

bigboytransporting
    from newark,ca

this car belongs to a buddy of mine..its no longer a hard top but a chopped convertable ..same color with white in the middle no longer orange.. i was going to take it off his hands for 5k but backed out..cars in California, Bay Area San Francisco..he found the car parked on the side of a house rotting in the late 80's

[​IMG]

6. Hip

Hip

7. Tom davison

Tom davison
    from Phoenix AZ

Lee helped me paint his Nomad in '69. That's when he discovered how easy painting was in those days and he's painted all of his cars since.

[​IMG]

8. adventurer

adventurer

9. Tom davison

Tom davison
    from Phoenix AZ

Mild custom and full custom versions of Lee's '65.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

10. CONNMAN

CONNMAN
    from Lampe,Mo.

Lee's name was a household word when i moved back to Des Moines from Alaska in winter of '69/'70,,,i think ,,if i remember right ,,i knew of him when i worked at Darrell Creese's Custom Body Shop , Marshalltown,Iowa ,summer of '60 when i was in Hi-School there ,,
    I went to all the big car shows at the Vets Auditorium in Des Moines back then ,,seems Lee always had something kool there ,,
    Roger Kilborn was an insurance adjuster for my insurance co. when i owned Boat-A-Rama at 2nd Ave & the Des Moines River in the middle/late '70's ,,Roger was/is the best straight line pin-striper on da planet,,his daily driver /work car was a bright red '54 Chevy Sedan Delivery mild custom ,, ,,he could free hand a straight line from headlite to tail lite,, perfectly ,in just minutes,,
    you can't see em very well in those pics ,,but look really close at Lee's purple custom and you'll see Roger's Work,,start at the middle of the trunk lid and go forward to the front ,,very fine straight lines ,,

11. stanlow69

stanlow69
    Member Emeritus

ROGER- I knew he lived in Des Moines for quite awhile-never knew about Council Bluffs. Gary Howard was born and raised in Logan Iowa and moved to Council Bluffs. Worked in Malvern for a while, then went south. His family still lives in that area. Just another Iowa boy.

12. bobbleed

bobbleed
    from Awesome

Lee Pratt is a hero for sure. Such perfect taste, and such a great guy!

13. 51 BIRD

51 BIRD

I wonder if they ever fixed the leak thru the cowl vent?

14. carryallman

carryallman

i seen this post and about fell over ! so many folks world wide liked his projects ! i remember circa late 60s early 70s he was doing a 46-48 ford 2 dr sedan ,it was bitching !!! i think yellow w/flames ? we didnt know who he was them BUT the car was something only in your wildest dreams ! didnt know him well ,but his sister was married to another great des moines area car guy "gary matthern "? since deceased and lees sister is not doing too well ! both was great people any way its a small world ? mike "carryallman" wahl

15. slammed

slammed

That Nomad is cool.......

16. rosco gordy

rosco gordy

Lee,s 41 bufort tiped me on my lid and Lee drove that car every where and you could not miss it my car pal and all around good guy got burple cause of Lee talked to him at the early on nats could of been st paul or tenn. man I was just blown away with that thing!! all his stuff is coool!

17. sololobo

sololobo

His rides are always fab stuff. Plus he is a real nice dude. Here is a shot of the Gold 40 from The Revolution. And Mr Modest walking away from the super coupe after parking, I say, Hey Lee, gimme a rock star pose and he just laughed and kept walking! This 40 is amazing. ~sololobo~

Attached Files:

Last edited: Feb 10, 2011
  18. stanlow69

stanlow69
    Member Emeritus

Post #64- Classic and Custom Project 50 done by Lee.

Attached Files:

19. Boones

Boones
    from Kent, Wa
    1. Northwest HAMBers

thought i would revive this post. Is Lee building anything new. I love his style

20. otas

otas

I'm sure he has something up his sleeve. I would love to see that carson top convert finished. What a great looking car....

21. JimA

JimA
    BANNED

I heard he recently picked up a Nomad to recreate his earlier one.

22. JimA

JimA
    BANNED

Was that an original Carson top or one built by Lee?

23. stanlow69

stanlow69
    Member Emeritus

The first How To article apeared in Classic and Custom in August 82. I added a scan that shows the Ford that he started with. In the article it states, while he was on vacation in California(see Feb 81 issue)he located the car. Easter weekend of that year he went to get the Ford.

Attached Files:

24. 33Tudor

33Tudor

I talked to him at the LARS and he said he had just bought a set of Buick Skylark wires for the Nomad!:cool:

25. Chopp'd49

Chopp'd49

Does that Classic and Custom have a "How-to" on putting those Pontiac taillights on a shoebox? I wanted to do the same to my 49 without making them appear Boob'ish.

26. stanlow69

stanlow69
    Member Emeritus

Febuary 83

Attached Files:

27. 1951Streamliner

1951Streamliner
    from Reno, NV

Whats wrong with boobs? :D

I love that shoebox he built. Its perfect.

28. Chopp'd49

Chopp'd49

It has a GREAT look and nothing is wrong with Boobs - They are my favorite! For my ride though, I want to sink them in a little.

29. Theo Douglas

Theo Douglas

Lee's got amazing style. Can't wait to see his Nomad. Do you guys know what wheels were on his LeSabre when he finished it? Love that car--it's on a different spatial plane. Such an amazing custom.