Register now to get rid of these ads!

Who I am

Discussion in 'New to the H.A.M.B.? Introduce yourself here!' started by deadly, Oct 23, 2011.

1. deadly

deadly
    from surrey,uk

Apologies to all - I put a thread without first putting a message of full introduction about myself.

My partner and I are as mad as they come - we run a business that has all vintage american vehicles which we just cant get enough of. Example, look up Drag Strip Diner and diamond T and Doughnuts on Youtube and make up your own mind!!

Our website is www.drinkwaters.co where you can view several of our prized possessions. Our Facebook is Derek Drinwater. we love American vehicles, especially the vintage variety.

As a separate business, I build and restore vehicles.
    We are currently over here picking up another Diamond t, a '49 Peterbilt and hopefully a car or 2 (30's ford?????)

I will come back to this part of the forum if I can think of anything further to add to that.

Last edited: Oct 25, 2011
  2. Just Gadget

Just Gadget

3. deadly

deadly
    from surrey,uk

hi big road trip on it will be good to see hambs on root re derek

4. Welcome from Michigan.

5. deadly

deadly
    from surrey,uk

thank you michigan

6. brushape

brushape

Welcome from Missouri :cool:

7. KustomCars

KustomCars
    from Minnesota

Welcome from Minnesota!

8. damagedduck

damagedduck
    from Greeley Co

welcome aboard.

9. BigNick1959

BigNick1959

Welcome from Wisconsin. I got to check out Youtube and see how mad you really are!!!

10. Hello and welcome aboard!

11. deadly

deadly
    from surrey,uk

thank you all

12. deadly

deadly
    from surrey,uk

Yeh,
    next time on the strip we'll if we can flip a few burgers too!
    This road trip with the Pete should be interesting.....Klamath falls to Houston.....for us thats like driving the length of England 3 times!!!

13. F&J

F&J

I met Derek (deadly) and his wife Pat this morning here in CT. Below is a pic of their new Diamond T. I know it will be going to a good home, and knowing that thousands of car people will see it at the events that they cater with their fleet of modified Diamond T's.

It was nice to meet people from across the ocean, and that are so involved with old iron with their catering business.

Derek and Pat just left here, to fly to the west coast to work on the Peterbilt, so that they can drive it to Texas. Sounds like quite an adventure. Have a safe and trouble free trip..:cool:

Attached Files:

14. deadly

deadly
    from surrey,uk

thanks Frank. just started the trip-only done 70 miles so far & got to Lakeview, OR. Few issues with fuel supply & the starter switch has stopped working but hopefully I can sort these out. Will keep in touch

15. go deadly!!

Welcome from the highlands of Scotland. You don't know me, but, I am a friend of Chris eames (phunkie highboy) and I have enjoyed your wares!
    Charlie!!

16. deadly

deadly
    from surrey,uk

yeh,we'll try to get a few more ideas while we're here! The peterbilt we've picked up might even have a job when we get home....thats if we get it to Houston for shipping. Road trip going ok so far-got as far as Wendover, Utah....only about 1800 miles to go!