Register now to get rid of these ads!

Projects '30 pontiac 3W build.

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by toreadorxlt, Nov 4, 2010.

1. 5wcoupehunter

5wcoupehunter
    from FLORIDA

It's going real good,nice job!

2. toreadorxlt

toreadorxlt
    from Nashua, NH

Made motor and trans mounts. Nv3500 and a 350....nothing spectacular but she'll go for now

Attached Files:

3. dana barlow

dana barlow
    from Miami Fla.
    1. Y-blocks

Nice mounts,looks great so far:cool:

4. toreadorxlt

toreadorxlt
    from Nashua, NH

Plopped the body on. One day I'll have a garage big enough to step back and look at it in it's entirety.

Attached Files:

5. Pete

Pete

You gotta take at least 6" out of that roof!!!

Cut it!!!

Pete-

6. toreadorxlt

toreadorxlt
    from Nashua, NH

Don't wanna ruin the oval window. I could take 2.5" out before it gets hairy. I love unchopped and channeled rides so it's staying for now

Wurger likes this.
  7. Jkustom

Jkustom
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

That thing is awesome! Very cool.

8. chopper526

chopper526
    from Phila., PA

Very nice. More updates and pictures!

9. Ghost28

Ghost28

very nice build.
    But you guys with these early GM builds are killing me, cuz I love the fabrication more than anything. I am building a 28 chevy along with a 27 chevy at the same time, and watching your three window build is getting me fired up to start on my 29 chevy 3 window, but I better wait it out or get nothing done... I like the stock or tall roof line.

10. chopper526

chopper526
    from Phila., PA

Ghost, three cars at the same time should be easy for you. You were my first motivator. I saw what you did and asked you a couple questions. You gave me good straightforward advice and I dove in. I sure ain't no pro, but it wasn't that hard and lots of fun. This HAMB is good stuff.

11. Ghost28

Ghost28

Thanks. Appreciate it. You are right the HAMB is good stuff. It helped me out and gave me motivation on my builds.
    But I think I will stick with the two builds for now.:eek:

12. Like what you're doing on this.
    Don't sweat the SBC decision - you're getting it on the road, and that's what counts! Some horse trading down the road will get you your Pontiac motor-vation! ;)

It wouldn't be too hard too chop this.You had some blue tape on the top in one of the earlier pictures - 2 inches taken out where you have marked shouldn't be too challenging. You could even remove an inch through the centre of that beautiful oval window without losing too much of the style.....

PhotoChop gurus, where are you??? :D

cheers
    Bret

13. Hemiman 426

Hemiman 426
    from Tulsa, Ok.

Car looks great! here's a pic from the past.. Watched this guy and car many a saturday night at Jennerstown Speedway... from their website...

[​IMG]

oliver westlund likes this.
  14. rjaustin421

rjaustin421

I like the Buick pickup in the background

15. I like the staggered tire sizes & the garden gate grill. Simple but effective.
    When you were in Jennerstown, did you get crabs at Herb's.....

Herb's Seafood.

Oldjeepdog

16. Hemiman 426

Hemiman 426
    from Tulsa, Ok.

Honestly don't remember... Our repast for the night was the popcorn and soda. kids under 12 got in free, so our neighbor, Billy Jones, or dad would load all us neighborhood kids up and haul our butts up there.
    my dad worked with Leroy "Pony Boy" Shetler in the mills, so I met him a few times at the track...

17. greaser

greaser

Looks good!
    Maybe focus on getting it road worthy first, then chop the top later if you want.
    I've seen lots of projects stalled when the builder is overwhelmed by all the work in front of them. Keep it simple, and focus on one task at a time.
    Keep up the good work!
    By the way...your tig welding looks great!

18. toreadorxlt

toreadorxlt
    from Nashua, NH

thanks for the comments guys. More progress soon.

19. toreadorxlt

toreadorxlt
    from Nashua, NH

started on my rear suspension....made my own 4link because I'm a cheapskate.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

still need to make upper bars, and decide on coilovers/transverse leaf

20. 32 hudson

32 hudson

Fabrication your own stuff is the way to go. Saves a lot of money and fine tunes your skills and knowledge. Hands on and do it yourself gets my respect allways.

21. onekoolkat1950

onekoolkat1950

good to see other young guys building in new england.keep up the good work.

22. toreadorxlt

toreadorxlt
    from Nashua, NH

Threw the trunk on, left and right gaps are too large, gotta rebuild. Also welded up my upper 4 link bars. Getting used to this tig thing

Attached Files:

oliver westlund likes this.
  23. toreadorxlt

toreadorxlt
    from Nashua, NH

roller.... kind of.

[​IMG]

popped her off the table... this is approx ride height. tons of bodywork to do, but people have saved way worse. this shouldn't be bad.

24. Wow car looks cool! I live just up the road from you. I hope to see it on the road soon. I have a 33 Chevy Cabriolet I'm working on. Keep the updates coming.

25. chopper526

chopper526
    from Phila., PA

Looks pretty cool to me. Keep the updates coming!

26. toreadorxlt

toreadorxlt
    from Nashua, NH

[​IMG]
    machined some 7* bungs for tie rod ends for my bones and welded them to a tab.

[​IMG]
    then me and my little buddy mounted the bones, added 200lbs on top of the motor and set it to 6* of caster... I figure it if compresses a little bit ill be in the 7* range..

27. bgaro

bgaro

this is new england you don't need a chop. looks good buddy

28. 55delray

55delray
    from Florida

Looks great. Building a 32 5 window pontiac right now. I have the same problem with my trunk lid. I've gotta chop mine, but I agree with others, the 3 wondiw looks cool unchopped. Would really like to see some good pics of your visor as I have to fab mine from scratch. Good Luck.

29. Big Nick

Big Nick

30. toreadorxlt

toreadorxlt
    from Nashua, NH

I too have to fab mine from scratch because mine is garbage....I do have it and will post up some pics eventually. It pretty much mimics the top of the cowl honestly though.

also, this is the last progress for the winter on my car. My stepfather also has a 1930 pontiac that is in need of bodywork in the worst way. We are exchanging cars this weekend and I'm going to bodywork his all winter. So mines going to sit stagnant in his garage. I wish I had a 2 bay garage sometimes, but oh well. I'll post up pics of that once I get started on his....