Register now to get rid of these ads!

Folks Of Interest HAMB Wide Meet and Greet at Jalopyrama

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by hrm2k, Oct 7, 2011.

1. Jalopyrama Mike

Jalopyrama Mike

Clik, You're right-on. The Providence Center Shuttle bus will be helping those in kneed at the bottom of Hudson Street. Don't worry Brucie, we won't let you strattle along side of the road! If you're using Mapquest or Google use this address: 18 Willow Street, Annapolis, MD. 21401. Hudson street runs along the back of the Armory where the spectator entry is located.

2. cuznbrucie

cuznbrucie

Thanks, Mike......duly noted......and much appreciated....

Now, where's the best place to get steamed crabs for dinner? I haven't been to Annapolis in about 10 years....

CB

3. nefareous

nefareous
    from maryland

Brucie.. Mikes Crab House on Riva Road where it crosses the South River. ..or Yellow Fins on Rt 2 where it also crosses the South River

Last edited: Oct 21, 2011
  4. Bruce, If you are heading back home via Rt.301/50 on Maryland's Eastern Shore, Harris' Crab House on Kent Island is another alternative.......Don.

5. cuznbrucie

cuznbrucie

Thanks for the tips, guys......I appreciate it......I ate a dozen Maryland crabs about two weeks ago and they left me craving more........they haven't been any size at all here in the Jersey Bays.......if you want big Blue Crabs, it's got to be Maryland!!

I am really hungry for some traditional rods and customs, and topping it off with a big crab dinner.......what a day!!

See you all tomorrow.....

CB

lothiandon1940 likes this.
  6. NotStockPhoto

NotStockPhoto

I am at harris now and it's all you can eat yaaaaaay lol

lothiandon1940 likes this.
  7. Don't get any Old Bay in your keyboard. :)

8. ArtofHotRod

ArtofHotRod

Come on Jack were at the Sheraton waiting for you at the bar ..Just left Harris Crab House too

9. On the road at 0700.

10. I'm gonna miss the meet & Greet. :( I've been without a 'HAMB' car since 2007 anyways, but I'll find another ride one of these days.:eek: I'll be there later with my boy to check out the show!

11. Just got home from the show....IT WAS GREAT!!!! wish I could have stayed longer, but I did see all the cars at least twice. Good Job Mike and crew.

Murph
    :cool:

12. Flat-Foot

Flat-Foot
    from Locust NC

Dying to see some pics!

13. .......It was good catching up with you, Murph.

14. hrm2k

hrm2k
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Got home a little while ago. To Mike and the crew.......2 Thumbs Up !!! A success by all measurements

Thanks to all the HAMBers that showed up for the picture taking. I was trying to figure out how many different states were represented in the photo...as near as I can tell, New York, New Jersey, Pennsylvania, Maryland, Virginia, West Virginia, Delaware, Ohio, North Carolina, Texas.......probably missed some. It was quite the group.

15. BIGMOPAR

BIGMOPAR

it was nice to put some faces behind the names!
    great event!

16. dirtpoor

dirtpoor
    from maryland

Does anyone know who owned the white 62 (I think) Impala 4 door that was for sale in outside show? It said for sale but no name or number.It was a four door with white walls really nice.

17. oj

oj

Come on guys, pony up - you know it didn't happen if theres no pics!

18. Saw ya heading North on 97 by BWI when I was on my way to the show.

19. pwschuh

pwschuh
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Great show, as usual. Had not seen Ryan by the time we did the group photo but he was rumored to be somewhere about...

20. Same back atcha Don. See you in York at the toy Show.

Murph
    :cool:

21. BIGMOPAR

BIGMOPAR

for petes sake someone please post a picture of the group on the stairs!!

22. cuznbrucie

cuznbrucie

OK, Guys........I just got home and had a really great time!! Kudos to Jalopyrama Mike for gathering such a high HAMB quality bunch of cars! I was impressed with the *traditionality* of most all the cars.....it seems that a lot of people are really *getting it!*

I am very pleased to say that I did meet Ryan and chatted for a few minutes.......he's a very cordial guy and I liked him a lot....a pleasure to have met you, boss! (Taller then I thought he'd be)

Also met SeaDog, Cody Walls, DRuss, Just Gary, and more than a few others......great to have met you guys......I hope Spike posts the Meet & greet pic soon........I wonder if any of you guys will recognize the *Special Guest* in the group pic......

Great to have seen you, Jack and Deuces, Bruce Lancaster, 40LUV, and the lovely Leah, Publisher of the online magazine, *Still Runnin'*......wait 'til you see THAT pic!

As for pictures, I still need to crop and edit them........look for a *CuznBrucie Does the Jalopyrama* thread, probably tomorrow!

That's if I have time to post between breaks in the football games....

A great time! Great friends! and a Great Crab feast at Cantler's with Stache on the way home!! Can you say, *Pig out?*

Stay tuned.....

CB

23. Jalopyrama Mike

Jalopyrama Mike

CB, It was my pleasure to finally meet you. Glad you made the trek down from the Jersey shore to the Chesapeake shore. Who told you about Cantlers? That's suppose to be a secret for us locals :) Can't wait to see all the HAPPY PEOPLE who attended the Jalopyrama in PHOTOS. I must say it was the biggest we've ever had and we raised a lot of bucks for the Providence Center & the Knights. Thanks to you, all the HAMBers, and everyone for supporting the show and coming out to make it one of the most desireable shows on the east coast. The cars, the cars, wow, what some fabulous hot rods, customs & race cars that showed up-WOW!
    I did get a chance to talk to the Boss and I must say he was impressed. I'm humbled to think that my dream to raise some money for a worthy organization has turned into such a huge and succesful (almost) national event.
    Thank you all again,
    Jalopyrama Mike

24. Mike, one of the greatest parts of the show is the contrast between the atmosphere outside the armory vs. inside. Outside it's pretty much like many other car shows. Old music, laughing, people having a good time, the auction, sounds from the highway.

But inside, it's quiet. All those people walking around inside and talking about the cars, but in hushed tones. No music inside. Nice. At some points it was very quiet. Reverential. Reflective. Meditative.

Letting the cars speak for themselves. Now, if we will only listen.

Very, very cool.

Loved the show.

25. NotStockPhoto

NotStockPhoto

Had a huge blast at the show it's awesome to come someplace you haven't been before, and meet alot of people that make you feel at home.

Mike and his crew did a amazing job getting the huge crowd into the show, and the car quality was nothing short of awesome

Look forward to hitting up another one in the future..... Even if Maryland roads didn't agree with the boogie van

Attached Files:

26. drivewaycustoms

drivewaycustoms
    from waldorf,MD

a BIG THANKS to Mike and the rest of the Rusty Nuts for putting on another great Jalopyrama, it was nice meeting some of you and seeing some of you that I haven't seen since I was little. It really meant a lot to me, my Dad and our family to have his car inside this year. We got it back to his house and I did a few holeshots up the driveway for him and now it's safely back in it's parking spot. -Joe Jr

[​IMG]

Last edited: Oct 22, 2011
  27. hunter

hunter

Drivewaycustoms....I love that car.....super bad A.
    Mike and all the guys did an awesome job. Great show, great cars and awesome people....definitely one of my favorite shows to attend.

28. drivewaycustoms

drivewaycustoms
    from waldorf,MD

thanks Hunter, the first few years of my life were spent at the track with it. my buddy and I spent some time this morning admiring all of the detail on your roadster,it's going to be a super nice car.

29. hunter

hunter

Thanks a lot....it was a huge honor to be inside with so many cool cars and so many of them have a rich history....those cars had soul....stories to be told...good stuff

30. twink

twink

Man, What a great show, Had a great time! Thumbs up to ya Mike and staff, Also got to meet the Boss! And a few hambers, I will definately make it back next year!