Register now to get rid of these ads!

Just acquired 1935, white wall tire'd, 1 owner....bicycle?! Pic

Discussion in 'The Antiquated' started by Kreal, Feb 19, 2009.

1. JRRoberts

JRRoberts
    from Madison WI

2. CHEE

CHEE

What kind of forks do you have on that 52 Schwinn?

3. buikwag

buikwag
    1. Buick Nailheads

Heres a few pictures of my 53 Schwinn that I cruise around on. I originally bought it in the 70's for my son, but he was into bmx.

Attached Files:

4. no more threadsurrections!

5. lowkroozer

lowkroozer

Theladylux Try contacting Frankford Bike in Girard Ohio for old bike tires.

6. uncle buck

uncle buck

so, who died and put you in charge?

7. Old Roadster

Old Roadster

Bump.......I know there is more

8. I'm not a big bicycle guy but cool find and good story.

9. 32 Barn Car

32 Barn Car
    from Oregon

I bought this original paint Schwinn Corvette a couple of years ago , gave it to a friend to ride in the neighborhood....... .

Attached Files:

10. bigharley

bigharley

i m looking for a Harley bicycle how much do they go for? I want one in any condition.
    email me at [email protected].

11. eddie wood

eddie wood

Hello, My name is Eddie Wood from East Flat Rock North Carolina and I have been enjoying H.A.M.B. for quite some time. I am impressed with the wealth of knowledge that the people of this site have with regards to all sorts of vehicles. When this world seems so harsh and mean spirited it is nice to know that a site such as this exist where persons from the world over can come together and not just help one another but also entertain and extend a hand to an unseen friend that they may never meet in the flesh. Thank You All For Reminding Me That There Are Good And Kind People Who Freely Share The Gifts That They Possess. If I may, I would like to contribute to this thread. Roughly twenty years ago I found an old wooden wheel bicycle in an old dirt floored barn that was literally falling down. The bicycle is a 1917 HARLEY DAVIDSON Mans Model. The 28 inch wheels were not salvagable and the stock chainring was broken but the frame and all that remained of the bicycle is in very good condition of course it looked like it had been in the covered barn for at least fifty years. Just the other day I removed the bicycle from storage and took a couple of photographs of it. I have no plans for the bike but I think that it is certainly an interesting machine. My bike is the one with no fenders and the "cruiser style" rims that I attached as rollers. I would imagine that this bicycle has not been ridden in at least seventy years, It is sad to think that the original owner is most likely no longer among the living yet his/her bicycle is still as solid as the day it was made and has perhaps another century ahead of it. I hope that you kind people enjoy seeing it. Best Regards, Eddie Wood

Attached Files:

Last edited: Oct 21, 2011
    bowie likes this.
  12. Peter Mc Mahon

Peter Mc Mahon
    from Ontario

Threadsurrection! I love these old bikes.

13. losthubcap

losthubcap
    from Upstate NY

This reminds me of the bicycle scene from the Wizard of OZ. (Music and all !)

14. love my old bikes...despite the fact my wife calls me a dork when i ride them.

15. Robertriley

Robertriley

Would you have a speedo cable for a 35-37 Bluebird?