Register now to get rid of these ads!

old guy pinstriping

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by hotrod1940, Oct 15, 2010.

1. TANNERGANG

TANNERGANG
    BANNED
    from alabama

I found one picture of me striping a Model A touring a couple months ago at my shop. The owner of the car sent it to me.....I never got into taking pictures of my striping. I was always to busy trying to get ready for the next stripe job....somethig I regret now...but 40 years has passed so no need to cry over spilt milk.....this is nothing fancy, just old straight lines for an original Model A.......I'll try to get some of my fancy work and post them...never thought anyone would be interested.
    .......Well, I've tried to post a picture here and can't figure out how too...I don't understand about all the posting URL of image.......maybe I'll get it figured out later.

2. sololobo

sololobo

Love your style bro, I am in awe of stripers and have had every car I owned with some pinstriping. It is about as traditional a treatment that anyone can do in my view. The ability to do side to side striping and have it so close and exact is mind boggling. A friend measured a striping job done by one of our local masters and a 1/16" variable was the largest placement space differance. That just amazes me, beautiful work and appreciate you sharing it with us. Rock on pal, ~sololobo~

3. gerrywitt19

gerrywitt19

I loved this pin stripping, some guy got awesome talents. Thanks for sharing such a great work. Its not so often that i get to see creative work done by people.

4. Old thread, but since it popped up, thanks for all the new comments. I do this for fun and the good comments are the icing on the cake. Next time I do one, I think I will do a workshop and maybe a video.

5. 39pontiaccoupe

39pontiaccoupe

Hotrod40,you sir are truly a great artist and your work should be shown at a gallery.
    You have more talent in the tip of a finger than I have in my entire being. Stripe on forever,bro.

6. 1955 LEDSLED

1955 LEDSLED
    from LONG BEACH

Looks Killer. Just like riding a bike. nice work.

7. TANNERGANG

TANNERGANG
    BANNED
    from alabama

Finally found out how to post a picture on here...now all I've got to do is take some pictures of my work to post...here's me striping a restored Model A Touring...all straight lines.

8. TANNERGANG

TANNERGANG
    BANNED
    from alabama

Oe more time..............

Attached Files:

9. The picture above is not Hotrod1940, the original poster.

10. TANNERGANG

TANNERGANG
    BANNED
    from alabama

Yeah, I got old before I wanted too.....it sure beats the alternative. My 90 year old mother has a couple sayings about getting old..one is...."It don't take long to get old" and my favorite is..."Life takes up all your time"...................

11. mlagusis

mlagusis

looks good to me.

12. dseale4888

dseale4888

I admire folks with tallent to stripe!!!
    Dave