Register now to get rid of these ads!

Features Falcons done right?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by guiseart, Nov 20, 2005.

1. Bad ass ! What size and make are those rear rubbers.

Love the color choice.

2. tpw35

tpw35

They are Hurst Traction tires 8.5x28x15.

3. Falcon Gasser

Falcon Gasser

[​IMG]

Very nice, like the color combination you went with.

Jon

4. lucianomagnin

lucianomagnin
    from Argentina

This is my 1972 Futura Argentino, change the engine for a 302, 4 speed Toploader has

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

5. BobbyD

BobbyD
    from Belmont NC

Looking good, I just got my hands on a '64 hardtop, need to post some pic's. It ain't everyday you run up on a factory 4 speed car with the motor (260) and tranny still in it for $400 Bucks......

6. falconizer_62

falconizer_62

[QUOTE It ain't everyday you run up on a factory 4 speed car with the motor (260) and tranny still in it for $400 Bucks....../QUOTE]

Oh man, you must be stoked! You are very lucky or blessed with a keen sense for a deal. Any plans yet?:D

7. Bigcheese327

Bigcheese327

Cool. Love those Argie Falcons.

-Dave

8. hemifalcon

hemifalcon

Well,
    I've been watching this thread and love all the falcon's.. I had posted previously in this thread with my Squire Wagon--but I sold it during the late Spring with help from my mom while I was overseas.. the car funded the acquisition of my '41 Ford Coupe project..
    I just thought I'd post some pictures of my other long-term project '62 2door Sedan.. Been on this one now for wayy tooo loonnggg... I am setting a concrete timeline of getting it on the road finished this upcoming summer.. Wish me luck.. (when I say long term--it's been over 10 years since this one started.. I got way carried away with 'good idea$$".)

15x4.5" Radir Fronts.. Baer Brakes behind.. (maybe this is NOT HAMB Friendly??)
    [​IMG]

I think they are 15X10's in the back with 10.5" drag Radials attached to the business ends of a Dana 60..
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

Dana 60 with AirRide Shockwaves and ladder Bar rear.
    [​IMG]

Full air controls behind rear seat, under speaker panel.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Front sheet metal is stored (I have too many fenders and doors collected for this thing to remember how many).. The tube framing is supporting the front end and plated to the firewall and forward frame sections.. OEM front radiator support will be re-installed for stock mounting of fenders and whatnot.. The engine is a 283 with a TH400 behind it.. The control arms are off of a '66 Mustang if I remember correctly, with '69 Mustang Disc Brake spindles to allow mounting of the Baer Brakes..

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

shock tower supports have been removed.

[​IMG]

Stock Gauge cluster housing will be re-used, but has been gutted for alternate gages to be installed.. AirRide controls are in the ashtray, and full MSD-7 ignition system will be mounted out of sight.. Full original interior is in tact, and will be reinstalled after thorough cleaning... Interior will be basically completely original--no real visual changes beyond the gauge cluster.

[​IMG]

with minor trimming--the rear seat will go back in the car..

[​IMG]

9. Drive Em

Drive Em

Chevy in a Ford = BARF!!!!!

Maverick Daddy likes this.
  10. hemifalcon

hemifalcon

awwww.... you'll be just fine... :)

Just wipe your chin--

11. [​IMG]
    Uploaded with ImageShack.us

heres mine brought to nz from c.a early this year running a 347

cheers

12. Bigcheese327

Bigcheese327

Mustang guys. :rolleyes:

Based on my readings of period magazines and listening to guys who were there, a Corvette engine (SBC) in a Falcon is wayyy more period correct than a Fairlane engine (SBF). The reality is that most guys could find a used SBC in a junkyard cheaper and easier than they could order a 221 or 260 from FoMoCo dealer.

I'm not so hot on the tubs myself, but the rest of this build I'm kinda digging. I'd be interested to know more about what was required to fit up the Chevrolet engine. I have the article about Wally Parks's Comet, but it's a little light on details.

-Dave

Last edited: Oct 19, 2011
  13. BobbyD

BobbyD
    from Belmont NC

What about wheel backspacing? And did you narrow the rearend any? Those look killer on there!

15. Muttley

Muttley

Should have been a factory option.

16. need louvers ?

need louvers ?

No Doubt!!! Soooo Much easier to coax H.P. out of a Chevy! Not too hard with a Ford, but you gotta know the secret handshake, and that's too much work to figure out.

17. retiredblue

retiredblue
    from california

UPDATE: Well i figured out the brake problem I was having- but I ran outta money for the year- I painted it myself with my trusty HF $9 paint gun(Krylon satin black)- hey it's all one color for now-till spring- I took it to a local cruise night and had some nice comments- For now we are gonna drive and enjoy it-:)

Attached Files:

18. bullitt

bullitt

nothing fancy like 4 stud spider caps here!...

for memory i used conventional bullets that go on the rim, not push through. and as someone mentioned, plastic lug caps.

on the rear i used some threaded rod, tapped the axle and screwed them into place..

on the front i think i used a polyurethane adhesive like sikaflex....they stayed on for 3 odd years without a problem...

19. BHoover

BHoover
    from Neosho MO

I was born in to ford stuff so I guess i already have the secret hand shake.The majorty of people are in to putting chevys into anything that has wheels. An explorer 302 is pretty cheap in a junkyard these days when you cant hardly find a chevy 350 in junkyard worth having. My opinion is keep your chevy in your chevy and a ford in a ford.:cool:

20. BHoover

BHoover
    from Neosho MO

That falcon is kick ass lookin.

21. hemifalcon

hemifalcon

Thanks guys.. When I get out there next week.. I'll grab some more pictures of my falcon.. Getting that little 283 in there is no weekend job.. Or, maybe it could be from some of the skills you all have.. There's a TH400 behind it.. and everything is fabricated--obviously there is a motor plate in the front for mounting and there's one in the rear... If I'm remembering correctly.. This car has been in the project stages for a verrrry long time.. if I get rolling with it again soon--I'll start up a mid-build thread..

22. BCR

BCR

I got your secret handshake.:eek:

[​IMG]

23. need louvers ?

need louvers ?

Thought that would get a rise out of you guys! BCR, that's not fighting fair! Paxtons are great on ANYthing! I'm just saying, I work mostly with early stuff, and the Ford small block architecture is just not very easy to package in something it wasn't intended for. Add to that, Ford continually screwed around with the formula over the engines production. That's the "secret handshake" part. At one point a couple of years ago I had 3 cutomers bring in Ford small block powered cars that had problems, and none of them had the right flex plate, flywheel, or balancer and pulleys for the engine and trans combo they were running! Research city!!! It's variables like balance factors that make me freakin' crazy!!! Now, if it makes any body feel better, I have three '62 Falcons, each with a 170, 200, or 250 six, and they will stay that way. As wacky as it is, I have loved that engine for about 30 years now...

24. BCR

BCR

Yea, I know what you are sayin. The stupid balancer change, flexplate and the length of the motor make it intresting to deal with. This one has a flex plate from a co in Cali that gives it the right offset for the starter and the right bolt pattern for the converter, but at least the distributer is in the front where it is easy to get to. Ha Ha

Side note, the motor made 520 on the dyno without the blowers, but they aren't decorations either!!!

25. BCR

BCR

The only pic I have of the complete car.

[​IMG]

26. SOCAL PETE

SOCAL PETE
    from Ramona CA

EEK! Well the 62 Comet I am building into a Gasser will make you cry.
    Sorry it was my first car...and finding a rust free rust free black plate car..could control myself.
    I do know of another one here in my town. running. Think the guy wants 1200 for it. IM if your interersted

27. joebuick

joebuick

28. MUNCIE

MUNCIE
    from Houston

Hey blue what was the brake problem you were experiencing? Anything I should be looking out for? I'm going with a 67 mustang dual bowl m/c and an all drum setup. Just need to buy my lines and see how it turns out. I haven't done anything yet because I am in the same money boat as you.:cool:

29. falcon61

falcon61

After browsing this thread and Hemifalcon's reference to the 62 Squire, I felt it should be pictured on this thread. Here is my 62 wagon and my 61 Deluxe at a recent local show. Yes that is a Christmas tree on the wagon,my tribute to the Family Truckster.Dan

Attached Files:

30. retiredblue

retiredblue
    from california

The prob I had was in matching the M/C and Booster- I had to go throught several combos and still didn't get it right- it was prob just me though :confused:anyway the solution was a "matched" set (M/C-Booster) from a company in Colorado now it works great- kinda pricy though- but now it works great- pm me on our other site(or this one) and I'll get you all the dirty details- BTW I went with all discs- Vic in SoCal-