Register now to get rid of these ads!

STOLEN 1941 Studebaker Champion Coupe

Discussion in 'New to the H.A.M.B.? Introduce yourself here!' started by BarryBuchanan, Jan 12, 2010.

1. LOWLYDE

LOWLYDE

any updates??

2. utfanatic

utfanatic

Barry did recover his car with the help of Police thru a sting operation. This car was recently on eBay for sale and there was rumors going around that someone was attempting to sell Barry's stolen car. Turns out Barry was selling the car after alot of work done on it due to lack of storage space and having to relocate his bussiness.

Check this link which was his auction for pictures.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Stud...2848845?pt=US_Cars_Trucks&hash=item1c1fd099cd

It's also a damn good price for what's he's done to it. For some reason or another the info didn't get back here on the recovery. I'm happy for Barry's car recovery, but sad that he's having to sell it. I suggested he keep it till next spring and finish up a few minor details. This is one rare ride. I know.. I own one.

3. DJLATIN

DJLATIN

Glad he got it back.

4. oldcarfart

oldcarfart

Most antique auto insurance companies will insure projects.

5. utfanatic

utfanatic

Your absolutely correct. I guess you should buy the insurance before your bring the car home, or buy a car. Seriously.. He probably would have put it in his shop, but stolen the same day he bought it. That's tough. Fortunately this had a happy ending. A very nice ride for only 15K. With some effort it could be a trophy winner at local events.