Register now to get rid of these ads!

Features 57-60 ford truck pics????

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by luckystiff, Aug 3, 2007.

1. HASR

HASR
    from Illinois

Cool pic!

2. thishero

thishero

I'll ditto the "cool pic" statement!

3. Happy

Happy

Life has a way of slowing down projects. Back to work on the F100 finally....working on ride height. Front suspension is in, still working on the coil over mounts. Triangulated 4 link in the back is next.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

4. Now that is a wicked stance! ^

5. HASR

HASR
    from Illinois

VERY COOL!!!

Mine is on the frame rotisserie right now. Jag ifs installed, Mark VIII irs installed. I'm boxing the frame from front to rear. Hope to get it reassembled soon!

John

6. novatattoo

novatattoo
    from Canton,OH

If you watch closely you'll see my truck in here....... :)

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/AwfeYm7G3RU" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Later, Bill

7. Bill, Congrats! Nice to see your truck in the photo shoot.

8. zephyrV12

zephyrV12
    BANNED
    from pomona ca

how about the 57 and the 59

Attached Files:

9. the 59 as of yesterday

Attached Files:

10. LN7 NUT

LN7 NUT

Very cool Bill, I screen capped the shots with your truck for those on dial-up who can't watch the video.

[​IMG]

Attached Files:

11. novatattoo

novatattoo
    from Canton,OH

Why thank you very much. Thats above my head to do............. :D

Later, Bill

12. FAST57F100

FAST57F100
    from Washington

No calender girls but some neat pix.

Attached Files:

The Magic Ratchet likes this.
  13. LN7 NUT

LN7 NUT

What truck? :D

14. HASR

HASR
    from Illinois

[​IMG]

[​IMG][/IMG]

Mocked up my truck for the last time before it's blown apart and all of the body mods started and welding finished. It's got a Jaguar XJ6 front suspension sank 2" up into the frame and a Mark VIII IRS set as high into the chassis as possible. Under the hood is an all aluminum DOHC 4.6. As you can see, it is sitting on some junk tires right now. There is about 1" ground clearance at the rockers.

John

15. HASR

HASR
    from Illinois

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

DId the pics show this time?

John

16. coolbreeze1340

coolbreeze1340
    from Indiana

OK - What a PITA! I posted this and went to the guys house the next day with the cash in hand. The guy met me on the porch and said he had it too long and couldn't part with it!! I was really ticked he didn't call BEFORE I left work early, got the money, and begged for a ride to pick it up. I ran into him a couple of times after that day and just blew it off. Well, a couple months later I hear he told a guy we know that he should have sold the truck because he has 5 other cars and has not driven any of them in years. I called him last night and said NO BS if you want the truck gone I'll come get it tomorrow afternoon. When I showed up he said "let's strike the deal and you can come get it later because I have stuff I want to get done today. I said let's do it all now and be done with it. I left with the truck a 1/2 hour later!!!! I really thought he was going to back out again. He has owned it for 16-20 years and has only plated it one summer. He did take really good care of it. I'll post pics before this weekend, it needs a bath first!

17. coolbreeze1340

coolbreeze1340
    from Indiana

Wow, I'm not sure what was done to the motor when it was built but that 429 runs! LOTS of torque, quick of the line, and pulls forever. This should be fun. Now I guess I better do some research on 429s, I never owned a big block anything before!

18. LN7 NUT

LN7 NUT

Damn coolbreeze1340, that sort of thing drive me nuts, glad you got it though, you're going to love the torque and the sound of that engine, the mileage may be bad, but a lot of that depends on how it's driven.
    <sub>I have a 460 5 speed in my work truck and if I drive it nice and consistent it gets 22 MPG (and nobody ever believes me) because it is basically on a high idle on the highway.
    </sub>

19. coolbreeze1340

coolbreeze1340
    from Indiana

I will be happy with half that mileage! LOL I hope to run her down the highway this weekend and see what kind of mileage I can get. I guess I could always switch to a overdrive tranny!

20. coolbreeze1340

coolbreeze1340
    from Indiana

Anybody know where you ca find chrome for these things? I would love to find a chrome front grill and maybe a curved chrome bumper instead of the painted flat one.

PM me if you have a source

21. LN7 NUT

LN7 NUT

I think your best bet is checking wrecking yards and advertizing about it, I don't know of anyone who carries any specific parts for the 57-60 Fords.

my brother and I have some other parts like tach dashes occasionally and Mercury parts.

22. TinShed

TinShed

Here is a picture of mine, I will be changing the wheels and lowering it as one of my winter projects.

[​IMG]

BHoover likes this.
  23. chrisntx

chrisntx
    from Texas .

On the day I decided I wanted a chrome 1960 grille, I googled and found one listed on craigslist in SEATTLE!! He shipped it to me, no problem

24. gilles d

gilles d
    from winnipeg

here are some pic of my 57 merc . it took 6 years on and off to finish. it has 69 merc marquis 429-c6 and front clip

Attached Files:

• 57M1.jpg
      57M1.jpg
      File size:
      494.9 KB
      Views:
    The Magic Ratchet likes this.
  25. gilles d

gilles d
    from winnipeg

57 merc pics

Attached Files:

26. LN7 NUT

LN7 NUT

Nice 57!

27. coolbreeze1340

coolbreeze1340
    from Indiana

I've been watching that 57' Merc on the other thread and the more I see it the more I like it!
    grills d - It looks like we have the similar set-up! I love mine so far, there was alot done to the 429 when it was built and the truck is a torque monster. I want to play around and see if I can get the rear lower and get it to hook up better. I have a nice set of drag radials I might have to try for a start.

28. gilles d

gilles d
    from winnipeg

the 429 in my truck is stock with 365 hp runs great and decent gas milage with 308 gears

29. coolbreeze1340

coolbreeze1340
    from Indiana

I'm not sure what mileage I will see yet, I cannot keep my foot out of it! It seems my gear ratio must be a lot lower. I'm hitting 3200-3400 at about 70-75 mph with 235/75R15's. I have enough power to change out gears but I am really thinking 5 spd or AOD. My drag radials are fairly tall so I'll see how she acts when I try them out.

30. gilles d

gilles d
    from winnipeg

i`m running 12.50x33 in tires-my rpm at75 mph is 2700