Register now to get rid of these ads!

30 Chevy Splash Apron build... Pics needed

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Metaltwister, Oct 17, 2011.

1. Metaltwister

Metaltwister
    Member Emeritus

I was wondering if anyone has a pic of a 30 Chevy Splash Apron close by? I need to reproduce one but Im not sure what they look like. Im betting they look a lot like a model A? Mr. customers is all hacked up to make room for a Mustang rack so a new one is necessary. :D Thanks in advance.

Last edited: Oct 19, 2011
  2. mgtstumpy

mgtstumpy

Best I can find

Attached Files:

3. 29woodie

29woodie
    from boston, ma

4. Metaltwister

Metaltwister
    Member Emeritus

5. They do come up on Espay every so often as well!

6. Normbc9

Normbc9

Try the website www.superiorglassshocks.com
    They deal in all kinds of old Chevy body items including dash boards, fenders, gas tank aprons and things of this nature. I'd sure try them by phone as a possible source. They just shipped me a new in the box '32 Chevy dash board.
    Normbc9

7. Metaltwister

Metaltwister
    Member Emeritus

Thanks for all the help here guys we decided to fake it and make something different. I just about have it done... Should have it done in an hour or so.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

8. Metaltwister

Metaltwister
    Member Emeritus

Thanks again for the help guys... This is what I ended up with today. I need to still clean up the corners and some little details. Its not stock but neither is the vehicle.

Attached Files:

9. I actually like that better than the stock one, very similar to the later model 31or 32 correct me if I'm wrong.

10. Metaltwister

Metaltwister
    Member Emeritus

I couldnt tell ya.:confused: Now ask me about any Ford and Ive been there. I had to hide a low hanging mustang rack. I did the front fender bling thing last night to hide a lot of misguided holes. And no I didnt drill them! :D

Here it is all put together on the passanger side. A bit too shinny for me but paint it red and it will look ok.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Oct 18, 2011
  11. Metaltwister

Metaltwister
    Member Emeritus

You are right after doing more research last night it looks very much like a 31 /32.:eek:

12. mercman0_7

mercman0_7
    from CT

Any idea where I could find a door for a 30 chevy tudor sedan pass side? thank-you