Register now to get rid of these ads!

'32 Ford Roadster Pick up

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by krazydeuce, Jul 19, 2011.

1. 32SEDAN

32SEDAN

Your truck is beautiful! Way to go. Looks perfect. By the looks of your pictures, are you on the Big Island?

2. krazydeuce

krazydeuce
    from Hawaii

3. krazydeuce

krazydeuce
    from Hawaii

I wish I'd known this info earlier.....I spent many nights tossing about the fender issue. :D Most of the pics that I've seen of the 40's were dry lakes that showed stripped down hot rods.. I just learned something today!!! Thanks for the info, I feel much better about the fenders now....:cool:

4. DosCoupe

DosCoupe

I have only seen one other roadster pick like yours in my life. The production numbers seem to be right. Awsome truck/rod/antique!

5. Looks like a Traditional Workhorse. Nice Combo.

Backbone of the early 30"s in So Cal Agriculture.

6. jipp

jipp

already 10 bids better get your bid in sir.. :)
    ( i reported it too )
    chris.

7. brady1929

brady1929

8. krazydeuce

krazydeuce
    from Hawaii

Jus' wanted to thank "agshelby" & "jipp" for helping me report the ebay scammer. Ebay actually worked pretty fast on this and has removed the auction. The images came off the Goodguy's site so I have since marked all my pics....Lesson well learned!!!:mad:

Thanks for the positive comments, made the build worth all the sleepless nights:D:D:D!!!

9. Weasel

Weasel

Having owned two of these I give it a hands down two thumbs up! One of mine which originally belonged to the Sacramento FD had been drag raced in the 60s but has now been redone with a 302/C4 with tripower. Yours is even better - nice job....

10. Weasel

Weasel

Found a couple of pix of the one i owned which was drag raced. It was orange when I owned it and nowhere near as nice as it is now....[​IMG]

[​IMG]

11. krazydeuce

krazydeuce
    from Hawaii

I have these pics of your truck in my reference folder:cool:....one of my inspirations!!! Must have looked at these pics 100 times:D

12. hershambob

hershambob

does anyone know if this is for sale as its being advertised on the uk nsra site,may be another scam,has krazyduece just sold a sedan???,have pm'd him but no reply
    mods please remove if this is in the wrong place bob

13. mgtstumpy

mgtstumpy

Here are two (2) genuine 'Ozzie' ALL STEEL roadster pickups. One has a blown SBC and the other has a blown (McCulloch) flattie.

Attached Files:

14. Rem

Rem

So that's four of them accounted for - wonder how many of the other 589 still exist?

(And a bump for Bob)

15. AnimalAin

AnimalAin

Nice hot rod.

16. krazydeuce

krazydeuce
    from Hawaii

Aloha Bob,

I just sent you a PM. The ad is legit.....Thanks!!!:D

17. Deuce Daddy Don

Deuce Daddy Don
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

"Uncle Daniels" are reserved for A Bones ONLY!---'OL Grey would have chastised you for that!!---HA!:D:D

18. krazydeuce

krazydeuce
    from Hawaii

Just FYI, the one on the right is not an original roadster pick-up. Contrary to what many believe, the roadster pick up does not share a lot of the same parts from the passenger car roadster (see pic).....the cowl is shorter on the pick-up, different dash, and has its own set up for the windshield stanchions but, uses a 30-31 standard windshield frame. That being said, the doors are also different...

Not too sure about the one on the left, but cool trucks....

Attached Files:

19. Deuce Daddy Don

Deuce Daddy Don
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Do you live in KONA?

20. borntobewild

borntobewild

21. mgtstumpy

mgtstumpy

I forgot to mention, from my knowledge and speaking to others down under these are Ozzie bodies, not US bodies. We did things very differently down under; same goes for Ozzie 'Holden' built GM products. Although they may look similar to their 'Fisher' built cousins there were a lot of differences, the only compatible parts were mechanicals, fenders, hoods and chassis. Doors and bodies were not the same and not interchangeable. Put them side by side and then you'd see. If you look at an Ozzie built 33 Ford, the body doesn't extend all the way to the chassis there is a filler panel (Spear), on my 'Holden' built 35 Chevy phaeton, the body swage lines (Pressings) are different to 'Fisher' built bodies. US bodied cars oly went as far as NZ however our local industry (Ford & GM) for whatever reason did things their way. MOPARS were built by TJ RICHARDS. Like BUDD built Ford bodies, different to mainstream Ford.

Even 'Ozzie' pickups of this era and different to 'US' built pickups, people have been caught trying to pass off 'US' built cabs when in fact they weren't. Spotting all the differences could be a post for another forum.

22. Cut down tourer (phaeton)

[​IMG]

Genuine Ute
    [​IMG]

23. mgtstumpy

mgtstumpy

Oops, 1st one is a roadster pickup, not a utility; separate box on back. 2nd one with flattie is a 'gennie' utility; no separate box. I know the owner of the PU, he assures me it is not a cut down phaeton as he'd had quite a few over the years. But then again I'm not a Ford expert. He's had this for years and doesn't drive it that often, grandkids don't fit in the back seat.

24. krazydeuce

krazydeuce
    from Hawaii

Aloha to the HAMB family,
    Due to some “goofball” trying to sell my Roadster Pick-up earlier in the month:mad:, I just wanted to let you all know that I’ll be posting a legitimate ad with my marked pics on that auction site. I really appreciated all the help with the earlier scam, I’m just hoping it doesn’t affect the sale. As much as I want to keep this, I got a killer deal on a house I can’t pass up….

25. fat141

fat141

THIS is a genuine 32 roadster ute. Made in South Aussie. 32 rodster is sent over and 3 mths late came back like this. Do not have a clue how many were made. This one belongs to Kevin Monk, Sydney
    Cheers
    Rod

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

26. billylo

billylo

27. Weasel

Weasel

Having had both genuine 1932 Ford roadster pickups - which have a commercial shell btw - and an Aussie 1932 Type 302 roadster ute body which I sold to hamber ken1939 and which he built into a superb hot rod, I am confident that mgtstumpy is 'being fed a line' by the owner of the 1932 pickup with the separate bed - the cab looks nothing like the US rpu and after decades of research and digging I have never heard of any evidence of Ford of Australia building an rpu with a separate bed - and why would they when they were already building roadster utes? If Brookville can fake it, I am sure a resourceful rodder can too. History is full of cut down sedans and tourers being converted into pickups - especially during fuel rationing in WW II when people cut 'em and made pickups up to get a bigger fuel allowance

The 'gennie ute' photo posted by Jimmy B is a type 304 (welltype) ute. The type 302 is shown in fat141's photos. Figures on Aussie production are hard to come by and I would not trust the figures given in Norm Darwin's History of Ford book. Generally urban legend has it that no more than about 50 1932 roadster utes were built ( I don't know whether that is for both body styles or just the Type 302) - but it's just that - hearsay, not proof.

As for the U.S built 1932 RPU, not one single body panel is common with any other 1932 Ford period. The 1933 and 1934 rpu's used them same body but a different firewall. I know this from having disassembled and examined in minute detail not one, but two of them. Allegedly the majority of the 593 were sold in California mainly to fruit farmers who promptly removed the tops and the doors so they could run them around the fruit orchards. The story has it that there is a stash of take off new doors somewhere in CA. You've gotta love urban legends....

28. psyclesinc

psyclesinc

29. Bruce Lancaster

Bruce Lancaster
    Member Emeritus

Another thing...Ford counted commercial and truck bodies separately from the chassis, so not all of the total were sold as pickups...at least some went on BB's. I have pictures somewhere of a fleet of brand new but already severely battered BB roadster dump trucks hauling rocks.