Register now to get rid of these ads!

Official 2012 GRAND NATIONAL ROADSTER SHOW / SUEDE PALACE Thread.

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by axle, Oct 16, 2011.

1. axle

axle
    from Drag City

Hey guys, this is the official 2012 GNRS thread,

The dates for the 63rd annual GNRS are January 27-29 , 2012 .It's shaping up to be a great year with over $80,000 in cash and awards given out! The 'CUSTOM D'ELEGANCE, AMBR, KING OF KUSTOMS, & AMBM are the top contenders . After the effort put in to last year I have decided to take a break from organizing the 'Special Theme' building next year, but GNRS producer John Buck is still continuing to make it happen, and we will be celebrating the 80th anniversary of the '32 Ford with a large emphasis on "Driven Deuces" .

The 'Suede Palace' ( aka The 'Fun House' ) & 'Suede Alley' is shaping up to be the largest & BEST ever. Like last year, the building is sponsored by Traditional Rod & Kulture magazine. Miguel Torres of the Lifters from San Diego will be assisting us with the ever growing outside Suede Alley. Last year over 150 cars attended .
    My wife has the majority of vendor spaces filled but there are a couple left . Those interested be sure to contact us asap. Applications for the car show part of the 'Suede Palace' are coming in steadily, and the building is already 2/3 full.

ENTERTAINMENT:

Friday Jan. 27th - Lil "A" & the Allnighters - Amazing Blues from L.A. - brought to us by Art Martel of "Straight up BLues" entertainment KSPC 88.7 FM. 7:00 - 8:00 p.m.

Saturday Jan. 28th - Rip Carson - San Diego Rockabilly - 1:00 - 2:00 p.m.
    Lil Mo & the Dynaflo's - Doo Wop from Hollywood - 3:00 - 4:00 , then again from 5:00 - 6:00 p.m.
    Suede Palace Awards Ceremony with over 30 car club's & business' participating - 6:00 p.m.
    Pin Up Contest brought to us by "Mitzi & Company Photography - 7:00 p.m.

Sunday Jan. 29th - The Monarchs - Great Jump Blues from the Inland Empire.

DJ's Tom Ingram, Celeste , and myself spinning rare vintage vinyl all weekend long.

Chili Phil, we're going to do our best to keep the volume at a comfortable level ;-)

Thanks very much, Axle

Attached Files:

2. bubba67

bubba67
    from NJ

Axle, Sorry to hear that your not working on the Building 9 display this year but we can't wait for the Suede Palace again this year. Sure it will be a blast as usual !

3. My old ears are happy to hear that, Axel. See ya there, in a more relaxed mode.

4. hombres ruin

hombres ruin

Axel where do you apply for the suede palace? Is it on the GNRS site?

5. M.Edell

M.Edell

Can't wait! Rooms are booked and all ready to go! The "Take Five" Coupe will be making its debut appearance at the Suede Pavillion Front row and center.Thanks Axle!!! [​IMG]

6. ijuslikefords

ijuslikefords

The girlfriend and I were planning to go, but the Navy screwed me again.

7. autobilly

autobilly

I'm sure that with Kats like yourself (Axle) at the helm again and with an A-grade sponsor like TRKI, the "Fun House" will continue to be the hepest "party" at the GNRS.
    Wish I could make the scene, but I look forward to the usual comprehensive coverage here on the HAMB.

8. Hope I can make it this year!

9. sanfordsotherson

sanfordsotherson
    from So. Cal.

Love the GNRS, and especially the Suede Palace! Just 15 minutes on the freeway for me.

10. M.Edell

M.Edell

11. Mr.Musico

Mr.Musico
    from SoCal

always a great time, one of the events I really look forward to every year

12. magoozi

magoozi
    from san diego

I'll be helping Alex again this year with the suede alley, the mexican village and the park, last year we had a great turn out and we are crossing our fingers for good weather again this year, rain or shine , all the clubs have always made a comiment no mater how bad the weather has been, for this is a show where each club brings out their best cars and their friendship towards each other, for me it's a celebration of our hobby and is something I look foward too all year long and I am shure alot of you feel the same.

13. axle

axle
    from Drag City

There should be an application that you can print out on the website www.rodshows.com if not feel free to PM me and i'll send you one.

*All Car Clubs that received applications - please get them filled out and sent back to us right away.

Thanks

14. axle

axle
    from Drag City

Thanks Miguel ;)

15. magoozi

magoozi
    from san diego

If you want to avoid the long lines on saterday for the suede alley, the mexican village and the park, you can down load the regular aplication form at www.rodshows.com and check off the suede alley box, but you must drop your car off on thursday, and you cant pick it up till saterday night, if you want to bring your car in on saterday, down load the drive in form and send it in.

16. Ian Berky

Ian Berky

It's gonna be a great year Axle and crew!!!!! Can't wait!!! Wish I had something to show!!! Next year!!!! :)

Keep Jamming Axle!!!!

17. James66g

James66g

I start looking forward to the next one the second I drive out of the last! Cantw ait for next year!! I am gonna bring my uncle with me this year its gonna be good times for sure. Glad to hear your taking it easy axle but it would be a damned shame if the quality backed off you have been doing a pretty bad ass job! Maybe you could help fix the sacramento autorama!?

18. Michelley

Michelley

Yeh heh hah ha ha ha ha hahah...
    Naw lut meh tel yuh bout uh Whild, Whild Pawty
    Ah wuz at las Naaa-hi-i-i-ight..!

Last edited: May 27, 2014
  19. tikistan

tikistan

Right on! I am shooting to have my 51 there. It was a blast last year.

20. McPhail

McPhail

I'm gonna have a booth in the Palace this year..... got some new posters to debut and some painted stuff.........

21. magoozi

magoozi
    from san diego

Alot of my friends have been building new rides for this year's show.Should be pretty exciting!

22. I will have my Willys coupe there along with Aaron Bedrosian with his 39 Willys coupe......

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

23. hombres ruin

hombres ruin

This is what i am entering into the suede palace.:)

Attached Files:

24. Hopefully everything going well I will be there. What do I need for my display my own rope and stands what else. Here are a few pictures of the car.

Thanks
    Frenchy

Attached Files:

25. NotStockPhoto

NotStockPhoto

I want to drive the van out and vend.......I sent you a pm

26. AJofHollywood

AJofHollywood

The best part of GNRS is always the Suede Palace and alley. Sure, the rest of the show is nice too. But most the other cars are much too fancy for the average guy. They all start looking the same after a while.

27. Sutton Speed

Sutton Speed

Excited and honored to have my coupe inside the Suede Palace this year... Thanks again Axle!!

[​IMG]

Last edited: Oct 20, 2011
  28. coop ED

coop ED

here is what I am bringing out just had it painted a few weeks ago putting it back together a little still.

Attached Files:

29. M.Edell

M.Edell

Man this is gonna be a kick ass show!

30. BenDaPirate

BenDaPirate

Then are you going to hang out and come up to the Sacramento show in Feb???