Register now to get rid of these ads!

1955 Pontiac Star Chief ideas

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Irish1955, Sep 14, 2011.

1. Tin Indian

Tin Indian

a 65 starcheif would have the 389 in it. I have a 55 that I did. More people are impressed/surprised that it has stock drivetrain in it. Keep the poncho drive train. or at least keep a pontiac mill in it. If your lookin for a place for your sbc, buy a chevy. I filpped through old school mags to get an idea of how far I wanted to go with it. then its just a matter of pickin your colors.

2. judd55

judd55
    from B.C.

[​IMG]

Whoa, Very hard to find, I want 'em.................... :cool:

3. Irish1955

Irish1955

A lil update on the poncho......

Had an issue with the electric fuel pump. Quit working, so that one had to go back and be replaced. All good now though.

Radiator, fan and coolant lines all mocked up and hooked up.

Driveline shortened and new u-joints installed (big shout out to the guys at Driveline Services in Portland. They had the driveline done the next day for me. Great guys and great service).

Torque converter bolted up, tranny fluid filled and wouldn't ya know it, it leaked all over the floor when running. Turns out the guy who rebuilt it snagged the accumulator o-ring when installing the cap and it wouldn't hold fluid when in 2nd/3rd. Off to the local tranny shop for a replacement and everything is fine now.

Throttle linkage and pdeal was a tricky one. Because the original pedal was a pusher and not a puller, I went with a newer Chevy pedal and rod. Works fine for now, but I will be fine-tuning it.

When removing the original pedal, realized I'm gonna need new floor pans. I was kinda in denial about em but they're gonna need to be done.

Got my Shop manual in the mail yesterday, so now I can deal with a little wiring issue with the blinkers and taillights. I will post pics later.

4. Irish1955

Irish1955

5. GAS455

GAS455

Looking good man!

6. Irish1955

Irish1955

Thx man. It's getting there. I was just happy to be able to move it under her own power. Is that yours in your avitar? Looks sweet!!

7. GAS455

GAS455

Yeah, it's mine.

Getting there slowly. A while off being able to be started yet.

8. Irish1955

Irish1955

Some updates on the Poncho. Bagged the front end, rebuilt the front brake cylinders and replaced the rubber brake hoses, patched the swiss cheese front floor pans, POR 15 the entire floor pan, installed sound deadener.....here are a few pics

9. Irish1955

Irish1955

ok, here are the pics

Attached Files:

10. Irish1955

Irish1955

some more

Attached Files:

11. Irish1955

Irish1955

a few more

Attached Files:

12. IRISH13

IRISH13
    from SoCal

I like the way your car sits and Im diggn the burgundy color too. Do you have any pics of your motor mounts and maybe a pic of the steering box clearance to the exhaust? Im going to fab some mounts myself and just wanted some ideas. Here is my 55. Thanks..

Attached Files: