Register now to get rid of these ads!

36 Ford 5 window coupe windshield frame

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Danoutex, Oct 14, 2011.

1. Danoutex

Danoutex
    from Sealy, TX

Any suggestions or guidance on how to remove and re-install as well as a good source for the windshield frame for a 36 Ford 5 window coupe?

2. Fe26

Fe26

The frame can be unscrewed either from the upper hinge blade or from the windscreen. You may find it helpful to mark the hinge position with a pencil to assist later with exact location. When you reinstall the windscreen frame (assuming you have replaced the rubber) you may find you need to adjust the hinges outward to accomodate the newer and slightly thicker rubber.

As far as replacing the frame goes you could enquire of Trautwein (spelling) Products, they make reproduction frames for the 35-6 Pickup trucks, I'm not sure if they make the coupe/sedan frame however the profile would I think be the same.

Good luck

3. blucar

blucar

The coupe and pickup windshield frames are different..
    To remove the WS frame from the car you should start by removing the screws from the crank out assembly, then while your buddy supports the frame in the out position remove the screws from the bracket that attaches from the hinge...DON'T ATTEMPT TO REMOVE THE SCREWS FROM THE FRAME, THEY WILL MOST LIKELY SNAP OFF IN THE FRAME.

If you are in need of a '36 windshield frame I have an excellent one that has not been in a car for over 35 years... $$$ PM me

Attached Files:

4. Fe26

Fe26

The coupe and pickup windshield frames are different..

5. I think Speedway used to have a replacement windshield flame for coupes/sedans.I am not sure if they still offer it. I hope I am not stealing your thread by adding this, but I have a windshield frame for a 1935 1936 Cabriolet / woody, I really don't need if somebody is looking.

6. junk yard kid

junk yard kid

Yes they sell reproduction frames. Plain or chrome. The windshield hindge mount plate things that are screwed to the frame are not reproduced. The hindges are.

7. junk yard kid

junk yard kid

Oh and if things arent lined up good and you put the dash on and crank it closed and it jams, well it looks like a bitch to get it back out anyway. I havent figured it out yet.