Register now to get rid of these ads!

My Riv is now gold!!

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by 65Riviera, Jul 4, 2011.

1. Tdaaj

Tdaaj

really diggin the interior combo, rest of the car is awesome too. very tasteful

2. eightbanger

eightbanger

Looks great. Nice choice of gold. I've thought about using the 64 dash also, did it drop right in, or did you have to modify anything to make it work?

3. 65Riviera

65Riviera

Thanx everyone for the comps..!!

Sorry I missed your post eightbanger. The '64 and '65 Riviera dashes and glove boxes are basically the same. The problem is the gauges have different circuit boards (completely different plugs and the '65 has a separate circuit for the parking brake light) and the fuel gauge/ sending units are different (45 ohm for the '64 and 90 ohm for the '65).

So, the easiest way to do this is to cut two holes in the back of the '64 dash (for the plug and gas gauge) and use the 1965 circuit board and gas gauge. That way you can keep the stock harness and sending unit. The only problem with this is the '65 Gas gauge has a larger range, so when the tank is completely full or empty the needle cannot be seen unless you open up the slot on the '64 face (I didn't do this but I thought I'd mention it..)

Anyway, thanx again...
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Attached Files:

4. Jeff Walker

Jeff Walker

Looks pretty sharp that way! But if it's just base sprayed on it with no clear it's not going to stand up very well, especially if it's in the sun a lot since the UV protection comes from the clear coat over the top. Just sayin...

5. bodyman

bodyman
    from east tx

6. johnboy13

johnboy13

love your car. love it

Last edited: Aug 22, 2011
  7. KoolKat-57

KoolKat-57
    from Dublin, OH

Geez, I love Rivs, and that is too cool!

8. That looks GREAT!!!!!!!!!! I'm proud of you for leaving the door handles and Riviera emblems on the fenders

9. riviera gasser

riviera gasser
    from howell NJ

very nice love the whites

10. no more awesome rivs please! everytime i see one i contemplate selling the f1 haha
    that thing looks amazing dude!

11. Toast

Toast
    from Jenks, OK

12. zephyrV12

zephyrV12
    BANNED
    from pomona ca

goshh is a bitching car

13. 65Riviera

65Riviera

Yeah I know, I wasn't really ready to paint. This all started when some ass dented the hood, that started the can of worms... I didn't have the funds to take it down to metal and do it right at the moment (focusing on the mechanics first), so this paint will hopefully only have to last a few years, in the meantime I can live with it and see if this is the color I want and I don't have to hear any RR comments...:D

14. 65Riviera

65Riviera

Thanx everyone, glad to see the www's are gettin some love...:D

Thanx, I do have solenoids on the doors and trunk so I don't "need" to use a key, but the door solenoids have decided to stop working so I'm glad I kept 'em... The handles and the emblems help with the prototype look. It's kind of a fine line with prototype and full custom, and hopefully they offset the astros!

15. Damn, thats boner-riffic !!!!!!!

16. SIC98

SIC98

Looks awesome, love the wide whites the dash and steering wheel, the 65 had the outside nailed as far as looks but the dash and wheel just don't do it, I might have to look for a 64 dash insert soon...... Classic gold is a killer too, nice work. Is it static dropped or is it bagged?

17. Gasoline Junkie

Gasoline Junkie

GORGEOUS Looking car. Those Riv's are such great looking cars from the factory it's easy to do too much and ruin them but I really like this car. Especially the interior it's beautiful

18. hitman912

hitman912
    BANNED

Any color code for that gold? Or did you just mix and match?

19. HELLVIS

HELLVIS

20. That's a good lookin' sumbitch!!!

21. I loves gold cars and love 65 Rivs. Everytime this post comes back it gets me drooling. I have a friend who's parents have a 65 Riv they bought brand new. Its buyable, but they want way too much for it.

22. Flathead Johnny

Flathead Johnny
    from MA

thats a solid color