Register now to get rid of these ads!

History Historic Stock Car Photos

Discussion in 'Traditional Hot Rods' started by indybigjohn, Aug 28, 2008.

1. Old School Brush

Old School Brush

2. Hot Rod Elvis

Hot Rod Elvis

Yeah, It's a replica, I know the guy that owns it. But it's a good replica

3. jrose7004

jrose7004

So what if it is a replica, we still want to see it and it meets the guidelines so bring them on!

4. allstarracing

allstarracing

Hey guys, just a thought. Maybe the powers that be that helped set up the new terrifc modified sight at dogfightmag.com would set up a sight on it for stockcars that do not fit the before 1965 rule. I think this one has stagnated by the lack of posts and there are lots of 70's and 80's dirt and asphalt late models, hobby stocks, sportsman, NASCAR, ARCA etc cars that people would like to post. I know I have some that people would like to see that don't fit this sites criteria. I understand the limits of this site and now abide by them but maybe we need one with expanded limits. My suggestion would be up to 1990. Any one else interested? I am sure all would be thankful to the powers at be for their assistance. Allstarracing

5. 50dodge4x4

50dodge4x4

Way back when the off topic posting issue first popped up, the offer was made to move this thread to the dogfight site where the modified post now resides. The main posters then decided that site was not good enough, but those same people are now posting on the modified thread over there. :confused:

I think you should go for it. Maybe Ryan or Metalshapes will post a link to the "new" post on the dogfight from here as well. I suggest you PM them to see if they will do that. The ask would have to come from someone willing to start the new thread, and that would not be me, I don't have any cool pictures. Gene

6. metalshapes

metalshapes

I'd be happy to start a thread at the Dogfight Forum for Historic Stock Cars.

The Modified thread is really taking off.

The Users on it are super active, and post a lot of good & interesting stuff.

Without the limitations that we had to put on it to keep the Focus of the HAMB where it needs to be.

Again, like I said before, its totally up to you guys.

You dont have to go to the Dogfight Forum, but if you want to, its available to you...

Last edited: Oct 14, 2011
  7. indybigjohn

indybigjohn
    Member Emeritus

Is there a separate site for the Dogfight forum? I think we should do it, or let Metalshaper do it. He's being very understanding.

8. Falconred

Falconred

Sounds good to me, Indybigjohn, some one should do it. Metalshaper or you or whom ever. I've never been to the Dogfight forum, can we have a link posted here so we can take a peak?

I have about 15K negatives that could be posted of later model cars. Like metalshaper says with out taking away from what the HAMB was started for.

9. metalshapes

metalshapes

Go for it guys... :)

The Dogfight Forum is a cool site.

Its the place where I post about my own Off Topic for the HAMB cars as well.

( I'm really into mid '60s to late '70s Road Race cars, and those do not fit here either...)

10. metalshapes

metalshapes

11. indybigjohn

indybigjohn
    Member Emeritus

Guys, we owe Metalshapes our appreciation, and we also need to keep posting those photos which still fit the criteria here.

12. Falconred

Falconred

Metalshapes, thanks for setting this up. I will be visiting and posting on both forums.

13. metalshapes

metalshapes

Yes...

Please do.

Thank you guys.

14. allstarracing

allstarracing

Thank you very much metalshapes for the dogfight sight. I am sure all of us are so appreciative of you for starting the sight. I will continue to post here when I have approaite material and will start to post on the dogfight sight just as soon as I figure out how. I read the directions someone gave Denny Z and will try it. Mucho Gracias Senor. Allstarracing

15. NOBUCKS

NOBUCKS

Thanks "Metalshapes" for helping out and being fair.

16. DR JAY

DR JAY

I hope this hasn't been posted yet, as it's my favorite Tiny Lund picture. I have no idea who took it, so I can't give credit where it's due. My apologies, but if anyone can shed some light on it I would welcome the info! Those 63-65 Galaxies made handsome stock cars...

17. metalshapes

metalshapes

No need to thank me, man.

It was no trouble and I was happy to do it.

I have been trying to be fair.

Both to the Users on these threads, and the Users who want the focus to stay on Trad pre '65 Hot Rods & Customs.

Maybe if I had been more tactfull about it, I would have pissed less people off...

I hope we can leave that all behind us now that we ( hopefully ) have a sollution that works for everybody.
    And enjoy the cars & history.

18. DR JAY

DR JAY

Pretty safe to say that Eddie Pagan had a crappy 1958 Southern 5oo-Those armco rails were widow-makers back in the day...I believe he only suffered a broken nose in this mishap.

19. Tricknology

Tricknology
    from DETROIT

20. Tricknology

Tricknology
    from DETROIT

21. Tricknology

Tricknology
    from DETROIT

22. Tricknology

Tricknology
    from DETROIT