Register now to get rid of these ads!

flathead 4 lake style header?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by nickk, Oct 5, 2011.

1. nickk

nickk

so ive been thinking about what exuast to do on my flathead 4 in my model A coupe, it crossed my mind to do a lake style header, ive always loved the way it looks and would maybe look good on a four banger, question is, does anyone have pics of this done to thier car? or even some other cool exuast work, id like to keep the style early looking but open to ideas, i dont have nothing set in stone, so show me some cool exaust on you flathead 4, esp if you have one with a lake style header, THANKS!

2. nickk

nickk

any ideas? good or bad? been looking around at stuff but not seeing much

3. junk yard kid

junk yard kid

Ive seen pics of it done. you need to look at the monthly banger meet. Im pretty sure you gotta make them as there not sold.

4. nickk

nickk

oh yeah making one would not be a issue, already half way done with one

5. elmitcheristo

elmitcheristo

Look at Gear Drive (lakeheaders.com). He is one of the alliance vendors and a great guy to deal with. I have one of his lake headers on my model A coupe and it looks great. I will post some pictures of it tomorrow night when I get home. His prices are very reasonable and his parts are top notch.

-Mitch

6. j-stovebolt

j-stovebolt
    from Minnesota

This is my 31 model a with b motor, Evans intake, 81's, and lake header from gear drive. It will have a truck body back on it some day. Matt at gear drive is a good guy and I am happy with my header. I have also seen a cool pair of cast iron y shaped headers on snyders model a parts web site. It looks like a cool way to have dual exhaust without the normal tube headers.

Attached Files:

7. nickk

nickk

yesss that looks awesome, cant wait to see it with the body on