Register now to get rid of these ads!

Two-Lane Blacktop Prequel?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by MXrider13, Oct 14, 2011.

1. MXrider13

MXrider13
    from Florida

2. "...nobody can beat John Milner!"

"I ain't nobody Dork!"

3. Rebracer

Rebracer

I don't know if I should be excited about this, or be scared to death of what nightmare they create. I'll try to be optimistic...

4. bigbob55

bigbob55
    from Pittsburgh

You know, I have been hearing this for 8 months....thought is was BS until I now see this in print....who knows? I know the copyright has changed hands before

5. Anybody wanna take a guess on who gets the starring roles?
    I guess it all depends on what audience they're targeting.
    If its the Twilight Saga kids...oh well...forget it.

6. graverobber63

graverobber63
    Alliance Vendor

It's going to be about a vampire that sucks cock instead of blood

7. moparrrat

moparrrat

Since when was "liar" by rollins band an era correct classic ...i remember it coming out when i was in highschool in the late 90's ...?

8. Vampire?
    If the vampire is Kate Beckinsale or Milla Jovavich I just might go see it.

9. Ditto.
    Henry Rollins ain't exactly period music.

10. There is a lotta room for improvement over the original.HRP

11. 32Auburn

32Auburn
    from Oregon

Kate Beckinsale yes, Milla Jojavich looks like a dude to me, plus she's got giant man hands, yuch :(

12. captainjunk#2

captainjunk#2

lmao rollins liar being period correct give me a break , i think this flick will produce a massive flushing sound as the tidy bowl man scrambles to jump ship from the impending whirl pool

13. mtrhead

mtrhead

The prequel sounds cheezie to me !!!

14. landseaandair

landseaandair
    from phoenix

X2. Also, 9"?, didn't the car have an Olds rear?

15. Rebracer

Rebracer

I agree with you, You have got to remember though that the film is not an oscar type classic, its more of an experience or a memory than watching a movie. In my opinion its really more like a song than a movie, I love to have it on in the background. I absolutly love it though, any prequel will not be same type of film, it would propbably be impossible to recreate as TLB like other films of the era were filmed in real locations, without building sets, with actual people (non actors) in the background. That could never bee done now. Still I wish them luck...they will probably make the car a mustang with big wheels.

16. MXrider13

MXrider13
    from Florida

Do you have any other links? I can't find any

17. Jay Tyrrell

Jay Tyrrell

I think it is bullshit! read the last couple lines of the release carefully Here is the quote.

"La-La-La Lies by The Who, Lair by Rollins Band and many more era correct classics."

Both songs with the idea of lying in them and one of the songs being released by Henry Rollins in the 90s? Someone is playing with you and really wants people to be fished in hard to this rumour and maybe even trying to make people look stupid and like they believe everything that they read. I call bullshit.

18. Funny...I thought she was foxy in The Fifth Element..I guess I never noticed her hands.

19. L78racer

L78racer
    from Michigan

prolly will have a buch of computer generated special effects. no thanks.

20. jcmarz

jcmarz
    from Chino, Ca

First it's the Pomona swap meet moving to Irwindale now this? More chain jerking. Bunch of Baloney!

21. "Lies" by the Knickerbockers..or "LiarLiar" by The Castaways... would seem to be more appropriate for a post '62 prequel scenario outlined in the article.

22. this is just some interweb geek looking for reactions if you ask me. He claims it was "announced by Universal Studios" yet no where can the release be found! The is no director named Alex Chapouris (Combination of Alex Xydias and Pete Chapouris).
    "Period Correct, Traditional Hot Rods" this was put in just for you HAMB guys to eat up.
    Not to mention the faux pas of including a 1994 song by Henry Rollins' band. And a 1965 Who song with 70's stuff.

There is no film being made and this dude is sitting back laughing at all of you.

And the same guy is promoting this;
    [​IMG]

http://kustomsandchoppersmagazine.com/2011/08/16/rat-rod-rockers/

Last edited: Oct 14, 2011
  23. Phillips

Phillips
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

I think our collective chain is being yanked. Hope so, anyway. Look what "they" did to Gone in 60 Seconds and Vanishing Point.

24. KIRK!

KIRK!

Fake. If not, a terrible idea.

25. outlaw256

outlaw256

if its true, its gotta be better than the first one.i like taylor and wilson but they should have stuck just to music. seems taylor must have seen it to because he said he would never do another movie and he didnt.i have the movie on cd and i watch it every couple of months, have for a long time, but its just for the cars,to get inspired again.NOT BECAUSE OF THE ACTING OR THE PLOT

26. beauishere

beauishere

"

27. jimmitchell70

jimmitchell70
    from CT

Maybe this should just be deleted?

28. Weedburner

Weedburner
    from Wa State

Above pic was taken on the back straightaway of evergreen Speedway in Monroe, WA. The T-bird I have seen there making a few passes at the street drags. '55 was there too, but I don't remember it taking a pass, at least not anytime that I was there. I do remember them lining up to take the pics on the backside of the track.

29. nmbuellist

nmbuellist

Cheezie--just watched the original a few weeks ago

30. Larjk9

Larjk9