Register now to get rid of these ads!

Art & Inspiration ><(((:> Friday Art Show - 10/14/11<:)))><

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by brett4christ, Oct 13, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Slim Pickens

Slim Pickens

WOW. BAD ASS. Thanks HAMB. Slim

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. erlomd

erlomd

3. jdustu

jdustu
    from Detroit

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 1, 2014
  4. Killer pieces, to say the least.
    Had a junior play and variation of a theme.
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

5. HotRodKush

HotRodKush

From many years ago, based on a photo:

[​IMG]

Attached Files:

6. artracer

artracer
    from Atlanta

Do you want $1,000.00? I'm going to start hand painting Rolex watches instead of Seikos and I need my first customer so I can use it for advertising. The price for the first hand painted Rolex will be $7500.00 (including the watch) and if you bring me or be a buyer I will pay you $1,000.00. I'm not kidding and I'm a man of my word.
    The watch in the picture is hand painted with enamel directly on the face of the watch.

Attached Files:

7. Chuck Carman

Chuck Carman

Some older stuff for the religious holiday. Working on the new ones.

Attached Files:

8. Django

Django
    from Chicago

Great stuff so far! Zombie, that rules! Dutch Courage, I really like that design.

Here's my piece this week. I've wanted to do this design for the Pileup's Red Shirt Army for about 3 years, but never had the time. Since this was the last show, I decided I needed to make the time. Some people get it right away. Others just think it's a neat design. I'm pretty happy how it turned out though.

[​IMG]

9. metalhotrodgirl

metalhotrodgirl

i have alot of things still in the works so no pinstriping pics till im done with all of that but here is a picture of a fur ball named Mason that me and Jer "Thomas s&c" picked up last week , He is a Saint Bernard think we should take him for a ride in the roadster soon lol he will out grow it :)
    [​IMG]

10. ncjamey

ncjamey

Great show this week guys... Heres a little Gypsy girl I beadrolled last friday.

Attached Files:

• 001.jpg
      001.jpg
      File size:
      488.8 KB
      Views:
    • 004.jpg
      004.jpg
      File size:
      340.3 KB
      Views:
    • 003.jpg
      003.jpg
      File size:
      298.8 KB
      Views:
  11. johnnyjalopy

johnnyjalopy

Great stuff everyone!
    Vans are KOol!...johnny
    [​IMG]

12. johnnyjalopy

johnnyjalopy

one more for fun!...johnny
    [​IMG]

13. Bob, cats will hate the car, however there is real artistry in your handling of this piece. My favorite of yours so far.

14. very cool! Nice work Bo

15. diggin it John!

16. Nice and clean Chad

17. Sander

Sander

I call this one "Slightly Gassy"

[​IMG]

Here is a quickie GIF animation I did of it.

[​IMG]

Joe

18. Straight8's&Aces

Straight8's&Aces

A few Fords

Attached Files:

19. dustdevil

dustdevil
    from illinois

Sander that animation is cool! Here are a couple commissioned pieces from me this week. A hotwheel car and a bottle striped. Nothing big but keeping busy. Nate Grice
    [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

20. Wonderful show so far, everyone! I especially like the "bent" stuff, Neal....maybe that's because I'm a little bent, myself. What a great way to start a Friday!

21. Mr Haney

Mr Haney

good show all! made my day! thanks, Russ

22. Joe! You've been missed around here! Good to see you again.......Always look forward to your contributions.....

23. SUHRsc

SUHRsc

Can't afford a real FORD sign.. and been wanting to practice painting bigger stuff..... sketched on with an opaque projector image... then all freehand otherwise... probably should have taped it off! ..
    [​IMG]
    sorry this is a bit dark... rounded corners... blue stripe on outside edge and thin pinstripe around the arrow... total sign is 6'2" wide
    [​IMG]

24. hotrod 49

hotrod 49

Here's a few things of what I do. I just flamed and striped the '56, [​IMG], striped up the skateboard decks [​IMG]and last but not least, a couple shirt designs [​IMG] [​IMG]!

25. Flathead Johnny

Flathead Johnny
    from MA

I received a upset email from a member

"Not quite sure what exactly you were trying to say on the Friday Art thread , But ... It's an Art thread for car related Art , So there is a bit of leeway compared to what is acceptable on the main board ....
    Just thought I would clarify that for you , beacause what you posted makes you appear to be a narrow minded disrespectful fucktard ....
    Judge others .... be prepared to be judged yourself .

Hope you have a nice day !"

I could have done without the insults but I can see how this perspective may happen especially given the negative view of rat rods on this board and wanted to correct how my post could be taken.

Let me be clear if you put aside the subject matter of rat rods, Rat Rod Magazine has some of the best photography and sketches that magazines offer on the stands by a huge margin. I mean it blows other car magazines out of the water in terms of photography and sketches. My comment was meant with very high respect. I love art and in the last year have spent thousands on it. If I was at a art show and saw everyones work above for sale I would come out of the art show a poor man.

26. Kenny DFW

Kenny DFW

Go easy on me.....my first attempt messin' w Photoshop.......yes, there are a couple O/T cars......took these pics at the Good Guys show 2 weeks ago at Texas Motor Speedway......

Attached Files:

27. Boeing Bomber

Boeing Bomber

A before and after shot...

[​IMG]

and one from last week I posted too late in the day, thought I'd show it again.

[​IMG]

28. johnnyjalopy

johnnyjalopy

killer stuff!...
    one more for fun

[​IMG]

29. BigNick1959

BigNick1959

Nice Job! You know they didn't have fine line tape in the old days, they would have done it just the same way you did it. Cool!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.