Register now to get rid of these ads!

you ever get cool free stuff?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by jimmygrrr, Oct 11, 2011.

1. BAILEIGH INC

BAILEIGH INC
    Alliance Vendor

I know of a couple guys here on the HAMB that have got some pretty sweet and free items ;)

2. A new nighbor gave me this 50 Desoto four door.
    Old shots 025.JPG

I traded it for a 47 Chev Fleetline.
    Old shots 036.jpg

I then gave the Fleetline to my Dad for his retirement, because he has always wanted one.

3. BlockBuster

BlockBuster
    from SEMass

My neighbor has been dropping little freebies on me since I started my '30 Coupe project. He insisted I take a set of mint trim rings and hub caps, turned over a neat little spray gun that he'd used on a lot of his older projects, and dropped off a cool older creeper.

He's a mentor that also enjoys dispensing free advice, an extra hand and a priceless friendship.

4. el Scotto

el Scotto
    from Tracy, CA

Those are the best freebies of all! :D

5. ricktard

ricktard
    from spokane

i scored 36 issues of rod and custom the other day too bad theyre from 97-00 might as well be street rodder, but free is cool

6. VoodooTwin

VoodooTwin
    from Noo Yawk

117harv gave me a model A front yoke for free to keep my project movin along! Thank you again, Harv!

7. Roger Walling

Roger Walling

I was given a 32 Ford roadster, a 55 F100, a 38 Buick coupe and a 47 Ford COE.
    All of them greatfully appreciated and on the road now (except the 47, next month, I hope.
    It goes to show you, I love a severe challange.

8. tlmartin84

tlmartin84
    from WV

This isnt car parts but.....I had been wanting a metal cabinet for supplies for some time and just put off buying one because they are a few hundred bucks.

Well today someone dropped one moving it at work and they were gonna scrap......SCORE for me, a few pieces of angle welded in and bingo, I got it.

Now I'll put a pimpin paint job on it..... (or get some extra practice in anyhow)

anyways as they say on monster garage FREEBIE FREEBIE FREEBIE

9. tooljunkie

tooljunkie
    from manitoba

it looks like i have a twin...i went to a service station that had recently sold,asked the new owner to do a tire swap,he said go ahead-im not doing it.and take that tire machine when you leave :eek:
    a hardly used coates 40-40 tire machine.
    another friend was cleaning out some corners and dropped off a lincoln sp130 mig welder...
    cars,too many to count and tools of all kinds.

10. 55Hydramatic

55Hydramatic

I got this off a lady who was selling some property of her's. 1955 GMC and someone put a 62' 283 in it with a TH400. Motor runs like a striped ass ape after sitting 29 years!

Attached Files:

11. gasserjohn

gasserjohn

way back in 1966 went to junk yard for a drive shaft to cut for myA
    the counter guy went in back & brought out a short chrome one ....saidif i could use it nocharge....fit perfect...still have

myA was parked in lot out front at work....different folks gave me 2 hoods with sides....a 1st bm shifter[latter stole].....starter for a hydro....new in box 3barrel[said to stop at his house he had another3barrel that didnot work on his ford tow truck] this is from backintheday [i think my short term memory is gone lol

the cops from the neaby airport would sign off my tickets for free....w/o them my street racing days would not have lasted as long....

wrote smog lite brake certs for guy at junk yard for olds rear complete

Attached Files:

12. 390Merc

390Merc
    from Indiana

I guess I've accumulated quite a bit of free stuff these last few years, especially since most people know I'm into early 60's Galaxies, I've got a free rebuilt cruise-o-matic from a 61 Galaxie, a set of Cragars, assorted FE engine parts and a host of other items. Its always fun getting stuff for free!

13. von zipper

von zipper

My buddy who is not too car savvy, was gonna throw away a brand new still in the box, early Airguide tach! I said no your not! Give it to me!!!! Installed in my 64 Galaxie! It even had the slide off decal!

14. Junk Yard Kid is getting the radiator in my post for his model A couple build on Friday! thanks for letting my steal your tractor battery for the last month or so

15. KustomCars

KustomCars
    from Minnesota

My English teacher just gave me a book a month ago made in 1960 about "Backyard Customizing" and other cool stuff ! The book is call Dragging and Driving !
    ~Jason

16. chrisbob12

chrisbob12

Talk about cool stuff. My friend across the street gave me a brand new snow blower. Can't get any cooler than that.

17. BEAR

BEAR

i was givin the white walls on my 56 from my brother and the rims from a good friend from the headhunters CC . a 1957 chevy truck from a guy at wal mart

18. BEAR

BEAR

i sell them at SEARS there not cheap nice come up

19. falconeer

falconeer

A friend gave me some assorted pic. of chrome and stainless trim from his 62 Falcon sedan Delivery build. The belt line stainless( 2 pic.) are very rare and very hard to come by. They are valued at $500.00 in good shape. I wish i had a 62-63 sedan delivery so i could use them. Also gave me some good bumpers.

Butch Evans(Falconeer)
    Thomasville NC

20. 6-71

6-71

A few years ago I got a free 4-71 blower setup.blower,780 holley,. manifold and complete drive(idler,pulleys and all parts to install on a small block chevy). I also got a free snow blower. The lady bought it,and couldnt use it on her Gravel driveway!! free is good

21. wheeler.t

wheeler.t

850 demon double pumper, guy didn't like it on one of his cars and passed it down to me

22. coolbreeze1340

coolbreeze1340
    from Indiana

Maybe not cool, but I got a free gift from the girl I meet in Vegas. But I did have to pay for the shot at the Dr. office!

23. I was working on my shoebox one weekend. While I was outside an man pulled up and handed me a clean set of tail lights lenses for my 50 and a brand new set of 54 Mercury head light rings.

24. titus

titus

a buddy told me about a guy that has a shop and some old cars around the shop and we should go look at it all, we get there and theres a few cars around, a couple old trucks and a pair of 56 packards, i ask if he want to sell the air cleaner off one the parts car packard, he says "no but you can have it" so i put it on my 34 truck and thats where it will stay.

another time my sisters boyfreind halled his 65 442 parts car over too our house so we part it out, he gets to my house and says "go check the trunk, i got something for you" i go look and theres a weiand 3x2 flathead intake with 3 large logo 97's linkage and a fuel block. he says "its yours!"

jeff

25. jipp

jipp

its always good to keep the sisters/daughter brothers/dad happy.. i think they teach this in 8th grade gym class :D
    chris.

26. Still_Crazy

Still_Crazy
    from . .

No, and its about blasted time!!!

27. Flathead Johnny

Flathead Johnny
    from MA

i was recently given a 56 f100 wiper motor, flathead water pump pulley, 51 grill with a few extra teeth included and head light assembly, 56 f100 sun visors and a few other bits and pieces from a true car guy.....he is very nice and loves his cars

28. Undercover Customs

Undercover Customs

I went to look at a set of Buick rally wheels. Bought the wheels for $40. then the guy asks if I'm interested in the buick 350 shortblock on a stand. I say "how much?" He says "take it, the stand too. Oh, and you can have this engine hoist as well. Do you like Holley's? This one was only on my car for a 1/2 hour, take it too." It's a 650 double pumper.. I thought it was a cool score. Later I sold the wheels for $75.

29. willowbilly3

willowbilly3
    Member Emeritus
    from Sturgis

Got the A bed on my rpu for free, and a 36 Dodge cab, fenders and grille. Got a 37 Ford pickup for free, got a 33 plymouth 3 winder for free once when I was a kid. I could write a book.

30. bigscooter

bigscooter
    from oregon

but did anyone ever give you one of these?....what!
    [​IMG]