Register now to get rid of these ads!

Customs *** 1961 Cadillac CDV Kustom build ***

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Ian Berky, Feb 11, 2011.

1. Ian Berky

Ian Berky

I haven't worked on the Cadillac in a couple weeks, kinda needed a break from it..... sometimes i get sick of looking at it!! :(!!! Been doing stuff around the house, stuff that my wife has been asking for a while :eek:. Getting back on it monday.... ENERGIZED!! :)

I like that!!!!

Thanx Yaril!!!! :)

Thanx Johnny!!!

That's so fucking cool KK!!!! THANX A LOT FOR THAT... GONNA FRAME IT!!! HAHAHA!!!

2. Yaril

Yaril

will you be at the Motorama? i am going to fly in for that weekend.

3. Mr.Musico

Mr.Musico
    from SoCal

what your not driving the shoebox accross the country!? (again)-

Ian- again caddi looks great- like the hubcap choice, and everythig else!

4. E St Nene

E St Nene
    from Oxnard, CA

Liked KK Hickey idea & here’s a lil of my own twist couldn't resist…Bad ass caddi Ian

[​IMG]

5. The ride of George Jetson's dreams. I love it!

6. Ian Berky

Ian Berky

Unfortunately, there was confusion with the dates, as the show had been moved to november , then back to sept. my wife booked a camping trip with a bunch of people for her BDAY and our anniversary and we can't cancel it, it wouldnt be cool to some of our friends who couldn't care less about cars!!! :(
    I already apologized to Trace for missing HIS AMAZING SHOW!!! Bummed.... oh well!!:(

Have fun Yaril!!

HAHAHA!! Thank you Tim!!!

Fucking awesome!!!! :D

Thanx man, much appreciated!!! :)

7. JeffreyJames

JeffreyJames
    from SUGAR CITY

Man this would make the most bad ass mural on the side of a Van. You should get started on shop van and have the ghost of Bob Ross paint it on the side.
    [​IMG]

8. cadillac nut

cadillac nut

NOTCH did that to his 62' many years back here in san jose .....keep up the great work Ian .....

9. robleticia

robleticia

Ok....this thread has gotten WAY outta control, get back to work Mr. Jetson!:D

10. pregrid

pregrid

Thank you for my new wallpaper!!

11. natas63

natas63

man i love this car, every time i look im amazed. keep up the good work ian

12. cowboy1

cowboy1
    from Austin TX

Reminds me of a ZZ-Top album cover!

13. 62droptop

62droptop

Ian ,totally bad ass caddy build

almost perfect choice of car,62 would have been better:D

doing amazing thinks with that car

just curious if you have given the exhaust much thought as you want it to lay on the pinch welds
    i think since you are rechroming the bumpers anyway,cut outs on the bumper for the exhaust like the new dodge ram pickup,70 cutlass 442 or similiar would totally killer on the caddy back end, and the exhaust would not be in the way when it is layin low
    no doubt in my mind that you could make it look awesome

if i ever have to replate my rear, i will notch my bumper for the tips

cant wait to see it finished

14. oldman2

oldman2

Ian, my son turned my on to this build, been two days looking over the build. You can add me to the list of everything that everyone has said about your work,etc. Totally insane amount of talent and vision.....Jim

15. TJratz

TJratz

any updates?!?!

16. skee

skee

I check this page everyday hoping for updates.....

17. TJratz

TJratz

Me too!

18. derbydad276

derbydad276

needs a mr fusion on the deck lid.... marty

19. The Continental

The Continental
    from Texas

Loving the build on that old Caddy! I wouldn't mind finding the right finned project and adding some height to the fins as well.

20. graverobber63

graverobber63
    Alliance Vendor

This is insane... I wish I had the time, money, space and more importantly SKILLS to build a car at this level. Simply amazing Ian!!

21. kevo

kevo
    from Keller, TX

I love it! awesome progress...

and for the exhaust, short of having it exit in the front wheel wells, the only solution I can think of is to notch your frame (or something similar to this)... there is ZERO room to get past the frame where it drops down from the manifold... when I lay mine out, I've pulled the studs out of my manifold and/or crushed 3 set ups so far... if you have any other ideas, I'm definitely interested... shit gets expensive to replace... lol
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Oct 5, 2011
  22. notrod13

notrod13
    from long beach

quit dickin around Ian

23. 62droptop

62droptop

Ian is probably bustin his a$$ getting it finished with out any distractions

definately waiting for some update and more pictures of a totally bas ass first class creation

Kevo, you need to put some old school Zoomies through the hood!
    no more clearance issuess:D

24. chuckyNLA

chuckyNLA
    from SoCal

Thanks for the kind words. And thanks for finding us on Ebay. It's always nice to find customers that pay as quickly as you did.

25. Very nice work!

26. Kapuron

Kapuron
    from Colorado

Hey man nice build. Can you place pics of how your gonna relocate your front shocks?

27. chaddilac

chaddilac

You back on it yet Ian... we need visual updates!!! :D

28. chuckyNLA

chuckyNLA
    from SoCal

From the FNG...
    Ian, that 5 minute phone call turned into an hour. Didn't mind tho as it's about 105f+ in the shop at 11am and I was ready to break.

Just to remind you of a couple of things we talked about. 1) when you are mixing metals on parts to be rechromed....it makes turning those parts into jewelry much harder and therefore more expensive. What you save by brazing with softer metals..you pay for --and much more in some cases--in the prep and plating process. I try to TIG all my parts so that the metal polishes evenly. I can't remember the last time I couldn't fix a part with the TIG. I used to use silver solder on diecast but the solder is so expensive...it's easier to TIG die cast. We bought about a five year supply of the rod as the manufacturer in Michigan went belly up last year.
    2) When you come out ---I'll try to give you some pointers on possibly what you can do to save on the back room cost --where you can put in the HRS at your convenience. a) bead blast the rears. b) don't grind the plating off...a shop can strip it electrically in 15 minutes and avoid removing the base material. c) if you need pieces added...track down the proper material at a metal supply shop..hardly anyone keeps metal around the shop d) be prepared to answer questions about how far you want to go with the cost in order to finish the work...Is the car a driver? or do you want bragging rights at the Grand National Roadster Show? Real quality work will have 4-6 levels of plating and it gets a little pricey. Most people are satisfied with 3...copper/nickel/chrome but that doesn't cut it at the top tier.

See you next week. Coors is fine.
    FNG out.

29. BigFinCad

BigFinCad

You should be happy, looks awesome!!!

30. Ian Berky

Ian Berky

OMG!!!! SOOOOO many people i wanna quote to say thank you, but I type so slow It'll take me hours!!!.... Im very grateful for all the nice comments, means so much!!!

I've been at it again for a while, had to take a little break, inspiration and motivation was pretty much gone!!!:(

As soon as i have something worthy to show for , It'll be up!!! Been jamming on the rear treatment and I am pretty happy!

Thanx so much again!!!!:)