Register now to get rid of these ads!

23 T Bucket Build

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by MemphisRaines, Oct 13, 2011.

1. MemphisRaines

MemphisRaines
    from Texas

Here is my latest project. It is a Total Performance frame and suspension, Wintec Body, Jaguar Rear, Newly built 350 (425 HP), Aluminum case Poweglide with kit and stall, 60's era Weiand Tunnel ram with tuned Edelbrock 500's.

Should be fun when i get her all wrapped up. I will be running the chrome roadster headers, Omega instruments gauges and Tan interior. I will try to keep pics coming as i move along.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. Don's Hot Rods

Don's Hot Rods
    from florida

Although it is a nice start on a bucket, I think you will be catching some flack for it being too new to be on the HAMB. (ie Jag rear, wheels, etc)

BTW, rethink those front shock mounts, if you are leaving them that way, just a word of advice. :)

Don

3. MemphisRaines

MemphisRaines
    from Texas

LOL, yes that has been pointed out before. i thought about making some nice looking gussets for them but there again i may just cut them off and rebuild.

4. Don's Hot Rods

Don's Hot Rods
    from florida

Good, sounds like you have thick skin, which is an asset here :D and I am not trying to be an ass, just thought they looked a little unstrong as is.

Don

5. MemphisRaines

MemphisRaines
    from Texas

LOL, no problem. Thanks for your input.

6. Nice looking start. Keep us posted. As far as being traditional, T -Buckets have been around since the 50s and so have Jag independent rear ends. I also think if you drilled holes in the frame top and bottom and set those shock mounts into the holes and welded them in you'd be fine.

7. MemphisRaines

MemphisRaines
    from Texas

That is a very good idea and that would probably be the easiest and best solution. I will look into that for sure, thanks.

8. raidmagic

raidmagic

My dad has that same shock set up on the front end of his with 0 problems for over 4 years now. We did like Oldschool suggested and drilled the frame and set the towers down into the frame.

9. MemphisRaines

MemphisRaines
    from Texas

sounds like that is what i will be doing as well. I will have to add on a piece of round stock because mine currently sits flat on top of the frame rail.

10. Six-Shooter

Six-Shooter
    from Ohio

Hey, I like what you've done and the direction you're going. I'll look forward to seeing how things progress!

11. captainjunk#2

captainjunk#2

i like T buckets always wanted one , keep on building it ,

12. MemphisRaines

MemphisRaines
    from Texas

13. Bilt

Bilt

Neat little build. I always thought T-buckets were a fun build to do. I like your work thus far.

14. oj

oj

I have to admit i was waiting the BooHoo'rs raise all holy hell about a fibreglass 't' build but cooler heads just may have set the tone for the thread.
    Keep strokin, oj

15. alwayzarat

alwayzarat

Subscribed! I've been thinking about tackling one of these projects as well, and would love to hear your feedback on the build process.

I'm not a big fan of the super wide wheels, maybe if they were pie crust cheaters? There have been some really cool T-buckets built on here. The "Take Out T" is awesome! Langy built a sweet one too!!!

16. ricktard

ricktard
    from spokane

rad i want one

17. MemphisRaines

MemphisRaines
    from Texas

Thanks again guys for the kind words.

I am thinking of loosing the wide fronts and go with 4" wide Prostars with some 165/80R15's. I also think it would look better with pizza cutters on the front. I will keep you all posted with pics as i move along. I recruited my dad to do all the interior woodwork since he is a veteran bucket builder. Since he is retired anyway it gives him something to do , LOL.

Last edited: Oct 17, 2011
  18. MemphisRaines

MemphisRaines
    from Texas

19. MemphisRaines

MemphisRaines
    from Texas

Few more pics of the progress.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

20. MemphisRaines

MemphisRaines
    from Texas

little more progress today....

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

21. Mr48chev

Mr48chev
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

That's going to be a nice little straight forward T that ought to be a hell of a lot of fun when you get it done.

22. MemphisRaines

MemphisRaines
    from Texas

Thanks. I am hoping it will be as fun as i am anticipating. Spring can't get here soon enough, LOL.