Register now to get rid of these ads!

Projects 52 Styline Deluxe 2 dr sleeper

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Earnit3, Sep 24, 2011.

1. THE CHIEF

THE CHIEF
    from MIAMI

2. Damn... we seem to have our knickers in a twist today.

3. Hank

Hank
    from Wisconsin

Sounds like a street rod to me. Please note that I like power as well. However I have never claimed that my twin turbo Gen III was a tranditional hotrod. It was, in my opinion, a street rod.

Call it what it is. If you want to know about how to get the most out of a flattie, inliner, etc this is the forum. If you have questions about LS motors and 18 inch wheels this is not the forum. There are plenty of other boards that will cover it.

Know the difference, respect the board and the people who have the know how.

4. Im all about respect but it has to be a two way street.

If you were to walk up to me and say that I would be pissed!!!

5. THE CHIEF

THE CHIEF
    from MIAMI

to me it sounds like he wants a old stock looking car with a new drivetrain that will deliver?

6. Exactly

7. FoMoCoPower

FoMoCoPower

who cares what is under the hood as long as the ouside looks right

8. LeftCoastErik

LeftCoastErik

Not to pile on the guy, but can we get a pic of the actual car? What kind of shape is it in now? What kind of skills does the OP have? Maybe we can help guide him down a more HAMB-friendly path.
    He could just be a young guy with big dreams and limited skills/money or he could be the next Foose, messing around. Be nice to know

9. He did post a pic in his original post... nice looking ride!!!

10. [​IMG]

11. barryvanhook

barryvanhook
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from Mesa, AZ

I'm betting that earnit3 made the same mistake made in forums all over the net ... he signed up and started asking questions without sitting, reading, and getting the lay of the land. I've seen it occur in many groups. You gotta know what to ask and where to ask it. If you look at my sig, you can see where I'm coming from. I'll ask (or contribute) on stuff about suspension, body and chassis, etc. on my 49 Fleet. But I'm sure as hell not going to ask about anything between the timing cover and the drive shaft ... at least not here as it isn't the appropriate place. We will see this happen again and again because the world is full of folk without common sense.

12. THE CHIEF

THE CHIEF
    from MIAMI

good use of old car, new motor
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

13. LeftCoastErik

LeftCoastErik

sorry, I was thinking based on his post that the pic was of "an idea of what the car would look like when its done" not the actual car. That is really nice and deserving of some tasteful customizing

14. I love it!!!!

15. How very true... We have to remember that new guys need the same guidance as we got and dont beat them up because their ideas dont conform with this site!!!

16. Earnit3

Earnit3

Just so everyone knows, This will be the 4th car I have helped to restore. This is what my car looked like new. My car is in the back of an old garage and has been in storage since 1994. The only rust it has is on the drivers side floor. It will be a long term project like our 51 Blair,51 coupe, and 54 5 window truck only this one is not going back stock. A high school friend works full time building cars and has offered to help me and my son. When we roll it out and move it to my shop I'll post dusty and cleaned up pictures.

17. oldcarfart

oldcarfart

I "think" that response to 80% of proposed projects I see on many forums, glad to actually see it in print, Thanks!!

18. barryvanhook

barryvanhook
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from Mesa, AZ

Me too, but I won't say that here.:)

19. davidbistolas

davidbistolas

Okay, I actually laughed when I read that one, and I pretty much have no time/ tolerance/patience for the militant trad-fuzz on here - but Earnit- please just for a sec google search ratfink. Kind of important, 'specially here.

Second- Gen 1 small blocks can be built to be fast AND reliable. Just for the record. Just sayin'.

Also- safety first. Make it stop, then make it go. Don't ask why I'm saying this :)

20. RICKY~RICARDO

RICKY~RICARDO
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from Milwaukee

I will be taking the same path, a 51 belair red with a white top red and white tuck n roll wide whites, ly6 6.0 with a iron cased 4 speed i already have the drive train i stole from my z28 build lol
    [​IMG]

21. Simple.

Simple.
    from Troy, MI

^ what frame is that?

22. RICKY~RICARDO

RICKY~RICARDO
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from Milwaukee

It's a camaro sub-frame from my 80 Z/28.
    I will be using the stock 51 frame since i hear the camaro frames are too wide still have to do some research.

23. That why I put a Mustang II under mine, plus mounting the core support and front sheetmetal is much easier with the stock frame.

24. Simple.

Simple.
    from Troy, MI

Dont have much knowledge on camaro sub frames, but like beachbum said.. The MII fits very good. But if you have the time and you already have all of that, making it fit shouldnt be too hard. Narrow the cross member so the subframe rails fit the 51 frame, redo the motor mounts to fit the new width and go from there!

Jon