Register now to get rid of these ads!

Some work from my shop

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by choptvan, Oct 12, 2011.

1. choptvan

choptvan

Done a lot of things this last year. Had ups and downs. Moved. Gained customers. Had a few cars come and go. Got some good recognition in a few areas. Bad in others. So I thought I would post up a few pix and see what you guys think. Let me know if there is anything I can do for you guys.

I will start off with this one. This is a car that you can see plenty of here.
    http://www.jalopyjournal.com/forum/showthread.php?t=496866&highlight=choptvan
    To include a bit of photos of the progress of the chop itself. The whole point of this chop was to get it to look like the bertolucci chevy. Not exact. But close.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]and here she is on the salt. This made me a very happy man.
    [​IMG]
    and here is the car I was trying to get close to. Well, the chop anyway!
    [​IMG]

then there was this one. 47 packard clipper. 7 passenger. Mostly just assembly. Full restoration on this one.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Then I got a little publicity which earned me some work with this chopped 47 ford coupe. Mild chop. Very close to metal finished on the roof. HEre is the tech thread on that one. Pretty lengthy but very informative. It even got published on a website.
    http://www.jalopyjournal.com/forum/showthread.php?t=568646&highlight=choptvan

This is the 46 ford I got to rechop because he saw my tech thread. Very heavy chop on this one. But after all, it is a race car. Not a street car. Normally.

from this
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    to this
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    and here is the thread on that one
    http://www.jalopyjournal.com/forum/showthread.php?t=599238&highlight=choptvan

I hand built over 25 foot of floor for this one. 47 clipper. Same owner as the one previous in this thread. Was in such bad shape there really wasnt anything else to do to it. The roof was gone so it was decided to make a convertible. This is progress so far on this one

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Then we have my 54 ford. Stirred a bit of controversy on this one. I learned a lot as a builder about what loks right and what doesn't. That's for sure!
    from this
    [​IMG]
    to this
    [​IMG]
    and the thread on it
    http://www.jalopyjournal.com/forum/showthread.php?t=466595&highlight=choptvan

then onto this one. No exactly hamb friendly. Probably shouldn't post it but here goes anyway.
    [​IMG]
    Then this 36 dodge. Has a lot of hidden stuff on it. HAve to see the thread to get it all.
    From this
    [​IMG]
    to this
    [​IMG]
    and the thread on it as well
    http://www.jalopyjournal.com/forum/showthread.php?t=483570&highlight=choptvan

Most of the work I do is from people out of state. Does make things a bit difficult sometimes. But they always end up happy in the end.

Not a shameless plug! BTW, I want to be an alliance vendor so this sort of thing is not frowned upon.Can't seem to get the info as of to how to do that? When I click the links for it says I can't do it? So if anyone could help out with that that would be great!

2. choptvan

choptvan

Forgot to mention that almost all of these cars are for hamb members as well.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

sorry bout the pic size on some of these. Didn't realize it till it was to late.

Last edited: Oct 12, 2011
  3. willymakeit

willymakeit

Nice work. I will look at the other threads.

4. Ebbsspeed

Ebbsspeed
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Beautiful Work!! What's the engine in the 47 Clipper?

5. Simple.

Simple.
    from Troy, MI

Nice stuff! Did you cut the wheel wells out of the trunk to clear the tires on the yellow chevy? If so, and the trunk is finished I would love to see pictures of the rear seat back and trunk area! Always curious on every bagged and c-notch chevy I see. Its where I'm stuck at right now on how I want to finish it.

- Jon

6. povertyflats

povertyflats
    from Missouri

I like the cars----good job!

7. You do some amazing work.

8. Gator

Gator

9. choptvan

choptvan

that engine in the comvertible one is a newr one from a trailblazer. 4.2 i believe. A little OT for the hamb but was posting for the work I did. I actually got the car in 3 pieces it was so bad. I had to construct everything from the rockers, including the rockers, on up.

Sure did. I have not getten that far yet. When I do, I will be posting pictures for sure.

Thanks for the compliments guys. Means a lot.

10. cowboy1

cowboy1
    from Austin TX

Where's the 53 or 54 Plymoth you were working on ?

11. choptvan

choptvan

12. choptvan

choptvan

and another. This guy fell victim to the looks of the car and did not notice all the issues. I admit, it was real hard to see them until we had it all blasted. Pretty bad shape. She is getting a new lease on life. I will be doing a thread on this one as well. I have more progress than the pix show, so a thread is needed for sure.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    and this is why it was so hard to believe! such a good looking car!
    [​IMG]

13. nice work thks for sharing

14. Choptophudson

Choptophudson

Awesome work brother!!! Had no idea you hand built all the floors in the 47 Clipper!! That Came out sooo amazing brother!!! Cant wait to see my 38 once you completely done!! Very nice work brother

15. Nice work, I like the ford pickup! How did you lower the pickup?

16. choptvan

choptvan

your pix are loading now...

It has a mustang 2 and the stock 9 inch with an axle flip and a pipe notch. 351/c6 auto. Pretty cool little cruiser. I did all the assembly on that as well.

17. mike1951

mike1951
    from Colorado

Yea, I will say that Shannon is the real deal and a hell of a nice guy... HE put his all in this shop and I'd like to see it take off. That 54 is a nice piece of work, real kustom and real original. I give him props for havin the balls to go after his dream.

18. choptvan

choptvan

and another... 37/8 gmc truck. Started as a 2 ton flatbead hay hauler in many pieces.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

waiting on parts then it will be on the frame as a true roller. Still lookin for bed ideas...

19. Choptophudson

Choptophudson

HAHA there she is!!! I'll have the parts ordered this friday for sure brother!!! cant wait to see her as a roller!!!

20. choptvan

choptvan

you and me both. Then we will be anxious to see it run. Then stop. ( ha ha! ) Then do over 100 and so on....

21. Choptophudson

Choptophudson

HAHAHA Hell yeah cant wait brother!!!!

22. Choptvan has been working on my "Daisey Rea" for the past year. I want to commend him on all his hard work and dedication to our girl. His honesty and upfront dealings have made it a pleasure to work with him on getting our girl up and running. We appreciate all the updates via email & pictures that he has sent along the way. Our work started there in the Springs with him and has continued both through his move and mine. I feel completely confident that he will ultimately produce all the work that we have agreed to. Choptvan has been great in helping us to find all the necessary parts.

He is Truly part of the "Hard Working Class."

In the wise words of; "Cody Walls" "You dont need to spell to weld"

[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

Thanks Shannon:cool:

23. Desert_Rat

Desert_Rat

Cool builds, keep the info & pics coming... Thanks for sharing with us!!

Dustin

24. hotrod_32

hotrod_32

25. BOWTIE BROWN

BOWTIE BROWN

SWEEEEEEET...good work .
    "AND THE BOWTIE ROLLS ON"

26. choptvan

choptvan

Thank you gentlemen. I appreciate all the kind words. I will keep adding to this thread as I have a chance.

27. i.rant

i.rant
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    1. 1940 Ford

Awesome,thanks for posting,look forward to more.

28. ricktard

ricktard
    from spokane

nice... keep up the good work

29. choptvan

choptvan

Thanks again guys. Lovin the appreciation!

Last edited: Oct 13, 2011
  30. 38FLATTIE

38FLATTIE
    from Colorado

So, you started this thread to show off your half-assed work??!!:D

Seriously though, your work is great! I liked the Bertolucci car we decided to emulate, and the chop really worked on the car!

When we were at Bonneville, Dick Bertolucci was in our pits several times, and always commented on how much he liked our car.

Thanks again, Shannon!:cool: Here are some more pics of the car,showing off your chop, in primer with fenders, and in paint in race configuration.

When you look at the pics with people in it, you realize this car sits way lower than it appears without people!

Attached Files: