Register now to get rid of these ads!

Think I Made My '27 Mad

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by JMel, Oct 11, 2011.

1. JMel

JMel

I thought I was being a good car-guy and am buying my '27 a garage mate (should have it in a couple of weeks). She looked so lonely in the garage...had an Ford Escape to keep her company, but they had nothing in common. I think she found out about the '51 Chevy i'm buying, and wasn't as happy as I thought she'd be.

I sense a little bit of resentment and jealousy. Started out with the starter going bad...thought it was just solonoid, changed that out, but turns out it was starter.

Then my throttle cable broke...luckily i was carrying enough momentum to hop curb and get out of the middle of the road. With no other options, i took out one of my shoe laces, tied it to the carb, and operated the throttle by my hand to get me home (making me regret my stiff return spring). That was interesting, never used hand controls like that - my right foot didn't know what to do. Kept reaching for the gas pedal that was glued to the floorboard.

Almost made it home...ever so close...made it about 10 yards from the entrance of my alley before running out of gas. Apparently, my fuel gauge was stuck on 1/4 tank. Wouldn't have been so annoying other than the fact that my driveway is too steep to push a car up. Had to park her in neighbors driveway and go fetch a gallon of gas.

Sheesh, she's acting like the first born who doesn't want to share all of the love and attention they get with a new brother/sister on the way.

2. Boyd Who

Boyd Who

Hahaha! Great story! Just keep giving her a bit of attention and she'll come around. :D

3. Yeah. Sounds like she just needs a good cruise and some TLC.

4. She'll warm up once you bring the '51 Chevy home. It's just the anxiety before delivery... making sure you'll remember her once the other baby gets there. You know how it is.

5. Boones

Boones
    from Kent, Wa
    1. Northwest HAMBers

I have had it happen. best is to bring the new one home and park it, take the ol gal for a good long drive, make sure you beat on her some so she know she is loved...

6. GassersGarage

GassersGarage

I had the same type problems when I went to sell my cars. Sold my '32 Coupe and went for one last cruise. On the way home, the headlights went out a couple of miles from home. Check the fuses and found nothing. The next day, they worked. Sold my '65 Biscayne, went for one last cruise. Driving down the freeway the dash lights began to flicker, WTF, maybe it was the new stereo I installed. Cut the power to the stereo. The dash lights kept flickering, then my right leg got hot, OUCH! Cut the ignition and coasted off the freeway. I figured the mechanical oil pressure gauge broke. When I parked, I looked down and it was glowing under the dash. YIKES! Grabbed a rag from the trunk, laid in the hot oil and beat the flames out. Ruined shoe, jeans and my favorite sweatshirt. Flatbeded the car home, called the buyer and told him the deal was off. Surprise, surprise, he still wanted the car........After new wiring, new carpet and a new electric gauge, the original buyer backed out, but my neighbor bought her for $2K more.

My wife said the cars didn't want to leave. Now, when I sell a car, NO MORE LAST CRUISES!!!

7. Another stupid post.

8. 1950-mercury

1950-mercury

Lol!!! I think they will get to be great friends once they are properly introduced!!! Just make sure to spend equal time with them.

9. fab32

fab32
    Member Emeritus

The resentment will subside just as soon as she realizes you take out your new love when the weather is cold and nasty leaving her to the comfort and warmth of a secure garage. Then when the sunny days return you 'll roll her out into the sunshine and the two of you pick up right where you left off.:)

Frank

10. cheveey57

cheveey57

The only thing to do is get even with it ,let your dog piss on the tire.

11. Jack60

Jack60
    from Maryland

You need to buy her something pretty...........................:D

12. KoolKat-57

KoolKat-57
    from Dublin, OH

"The Green Eyed Jealous Girl"!
    Treat her NICE!

13. JMel

JMel

Good times. Haven't had any problems since getting all the gremlins out after first getting it on the road. Then all of a sudden, out of no where get hit with problem after problem. Guess its what makes it fun.

Way to stay classy there Grits.

14. dimpala

dimpala
    from So Cal

I think you mean Another stupid thread.