Register now to get rid of these ads!

Event Coverage Gadsden AL cruise-in

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by aceuh, Apr 3, 2010.

1. rucker

rucker

Save room for us!!!!

2. B.A.KING

B.A.KING

3. aceuh

aceuh

Bruce has spoken!

LOL! :D

4. sdbcivic

sdbcivic
    from West Ga.

ill be in gadsden in august with my wagon

5. aceuh

aceuh

Anyone go yesterday? I stayed home... the temps were high and my funds were low... and I was lazy...

Post pics if you went and took any... or just shout out!

6. hottern' a 4 dicked dog

7. Dadburgess

Dadburgess

Got a little vacation time saved back for my wife and I for the first of October, and this sounds like a fun place to start. Is this a good weekend to check it out?

8. slepe67

slepe67

I bought my '32 5W from a great guy up there. Gadsden is one of those "Best Kept Secrets" I cannot wait to get my car up there and drive it through those beautiful, scenic roads!

9. Somehow I've never noticed this thread or heard of this cruise.

I plan on attending a few times next summer when my coupe is done. Looks like a fun, overnight trip.

JH

10. B.A.KING

B.A.KING

you are to far up in the smokies,it affecting your brain. if you get to go down call the guys at big oak garage, tell em your coming down. real good people. i'll introduce you to them next week at the shades. you are still coming aren't you?

anybody else going?????

Last edited: Aug 30, 2011
  11. B.A.KING

B.A.KING

rumor is its the last one of the year. i'll find out tomorrow:cool:

12. aceuh

aceuh

I hope it's not the last one... I stayed home tonight... broke... and overheated...

13. B.A.KING

B.A.KING

it is not last one of the year,repeat IT IS N-O-T last one of year. gadsden newspaper screwed it up. did i say it was not the last one. ok

14. Bill in Al

Bill in Al

Aceuh;Many,many thanks for all the pixs of the cruise-in.I go there just about every time it happens which is the first Friday of each month all year. The very first photo here shows a '55 Nomad that looks unrestored,but is a complete new build that was built in memory of two of my good friends who have passed,Jerry Vann and Dwight Shults.If you see a red '64 Galaxie Fordor Mayberry Fire Chiefs car there, it's one of mine,so stop and chat.--Bill

15. aceuh

aceuh

Coming up again this Friday!

I'm planning on being there!

16. I drove from Rainsville to Cullman today and counted over a DOZEN new Cadillac Escalades in route.....talked to a buddy and we thought it would be hilarious to put an ad in the paper for a "Luxury SUV Cruise-In" at some random restaurant at a given time :) I can imagine it to be the most boring cruise-in of all eternity! All the owners standing around not wanting to look at someone elses Navigator etc but wanting everyone to look at THEIRS ;)

17. B.A.KING

B.A.KING

i'll be there!!!!!!!!!!!!!:Dwould not miss it!!
    aceuh be sure to see me if you can.

18. bbhotrod34

bbhotrod34
    from dalton, ga

aceuh, we sure would like you to come to the show & go at paradise drag strip this weekend and make some more of those sweet pics. if you can make it, tell them at the gate i said for you to come on in. thanks b.b.

19. aceuh

aceuh

If I can't shake this sinus/allergy/cold thing I've got... I'm not gonna make it anywhere....

20. B.A.KING

B.A.KING

go get a netti pot at wallgreens, use it!! use it alot!!! it's gross, but man it will help

Last edited: Oct 27, 2011
  21. aceuh

aceuh

Well... I was to sick to make it out... heard it was a great turnout...
    Any pics?

22. Dadburgess

Dadburgess

Just returned home from our October mini-vacation, and planned my trip to start by visiting this show. It was well worth the 7 hour 500+ mile drive to this wonderful town and fantastic event. Classic cars, street rods, drag cars, classic farm (and one farm-rod) tractors, street bands, street vendors, great restaurants and people, on a classic historic main street - OH MY!!!!

Hard to take pictures when your drooling so much from all the eye candy. Everyone needs to make this trip, and bring your friends, and your cars!

23. B.A.KING

B.A.KING

just read your post, wished you had looked me up.hope the southern hospitality,made you feel welcome. the car count was down for this month's event. it was high school homecoming in town. glad you enjoyed yourself. and roll tide. also there is a lady from the atlanta area that took pics at this show and other shows in the south. she has a website but i have lost her card anybody know who i'm talking about. name of web site? see ya'll next week if it's warm enough

24. B.A.KING

B.A.KING

for the friday p.m crew

25. aceuh

aceuh

It's coming up again tomorrow... Worthless Cruisers are gonna roll out of Lafayette headin that way tomorrow afternoon... say howdy if you see us!

26. aceuh

aceuh

Made the trip... turnout was a bit light... still chatted with a few friends... saw a couple cars I hadn't seen... and had a couple beers...

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

27. B.A.KING

B.A.KING

to much going on,and a little nippy also. thanks for the pics.

28. Dadburgess

Dadburgess

B.A. King - Hospitality was great! Hope your chamber of commerce tracks what this show does for the local economy. I've talked your monthly meet and greet up with my friends and at our local car shows, for folks to put this event on their bucket list.

There was some crossover of visitors, even though your October date was against the high school home coming. We met a couple at the falls who attended the game (for the opposition), and they happened across the cruise-in, and spent time at the cruise-in as well.

We just obtained a separate storage drive for the computer which will allow me to post up pictures from October, and a local show here in the Indy area after we got home.

From the November meet pictures that were posted, it appears that another great time was had by all. Ya might tell them boys that tight-rope walking is not necessarily a GOOD idea if mixed with adult beverages! To whoever posted the pictures, I really liked the natural dusk-lighting. They caught that true natural twilight glow to the cars.

29. B.A.KING

B.A.KING

glad you had a good time. i'm about 90 mins north of gadsden,but try to make as many as i can. we have talked with the city of huntsville al and proposed a cruise in like this in the down town area,around the square. they seemed to like the idea. if you happen to be back in the area next year ,be sure to let us know so we can show you around. couple of really good builders in the gadsden area ,big oak garage , alan johnson just to drop a couple of names. come back soon.:D

30. Bruce, post those events in Huntsville events when they are a go. I look forward to a cruise to Alabama next year.