Register now to get rid of these ads!

English wheel at HF

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Jaronimo, Sep 20, 2011.

1. some times cheap tools serve a great purpose...i have their bead roller and i have no complaints with it, and yes you get what you pay for

2. kingfishhotrods

kingfishhotrods

I bought the display unit today. I still paid 119.00 for the anvils though. still a good buy.

3. uncle buck

uncle buck

The lower die set is a 95366. If you call the store near you they can search other stores inventory if they don't have it.

4. uncle buck

uncle buck

Ed, Thanks for the heads up on that. A buddy and I picked up the last 2 they had last night. Uncle Buck

5. H F is droping quite a few idoms
    i have an English wheel and i did some mods also works good for what i use it fore

6. CutawayAl

CutawayAl
    from MI

If you get good enough at something cheap tools may limit your capabilities. Even if you aren't at the limit, it's easy to be spoiled by using a high end welder, carbide end mills, powerful hand tools, etc. On the other hand, that doesn't mean you can't build a good car with primitive or cheap tools and equipment.

7. DOugG

DOugG
    from mich

Went ot my local Harbor Freight and the price was 119.00 for the lower set of anvils. they didn't know anything about a closeout.
    Checked online with the no. 95366 and it comes up not available.
    the only thing that comes up online is the upper wheel

8. bigdav160

bigdav160

I checked our local store today. I had them check it

Item 95359 was in stock at $349

9. MikeRose

MikeRose
    from Yuma, AZ

Same story here. The guy did tell me that it was listed as a discontinued item in the computer. He said maybe they just hadn't been given the word to lower the price yet.

10. jipp

jipp

i was in there the other day asking if they sold out.. and he said yes, the store told him sell it, we are not getting any more.. guess what semi load of the stuff came in the following weekend. hah.. so if you want it and in the valley, the aj store has them..
    chris.

11. I agree with you totally, I am just glad that the wood lathe that I bought and used once was from HF and not a good quality one.....any one want a wood lathe cheap? only used once......

12. I was in HF in Port Huron yesterday and asked what the scoop was. The guy I talked to said they blew out all the old stock and are now bringing in a newer model. I looked at one, $349, and it looked pretty ok for a hobbyist. I don't have an older model to compare to, but the guy in the shop said this new one is a lot nicer... whatever that means.

13. laloszephyr

laloszephyr

While at work today, I saw this out back at a customers. Wondered if it could be made into an english wheel.

Attached Files:

14. jipp

jipp

that would explain.. so the pee ons working in the store got told X.. management did y.. not surprised..

chris.

15. Jaronimo

Jaronimo

What is that? Bet it weighs a few tons...

16. Halfdozen

Halfdozen
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

I just bought an Eastwood bead roller off ebay for $109.99. I can't imagine doing much better than that pricewise.
    From what I read here, the Eastwood tool is better than the Harbor Freight one (1/2" plate vs. 3/8"), however being made where it is, it'll need some stiffening and tuning up. Would love to have one of Lazze's units, but I can only afford a couple hun, not a couple thou.

17. budd

budd

is that a power hammer? whatever it is i would love to have it.

Attached Files:

18. tooljunkie

tooljunkie
    from manitoba

i bought one a couple months ago,was on sale for 299.
    frame is flimsy,anvils are pretty true,bearings suck.half of them are rough.
    im not taking the wheels back,i will buy better bearings or bore them for bigger ones.
    already have the steel to stiffen the frame,and setting it up to hold my jet bead roller.

19. CDXXVII

CDXXVII
    from Vermont

I was at my local store so I asked. They showed one in stock at $349 also. Maybe it was the replacement one (I didn't look at it)?
    The HF web site does not list it.

20. That is more valuable as a Nibbler.

Think if a baby Pulmax.

21. Flop

Flop

whipped this up on a hf english wheel yesterday ! really no complaints with it that i couldnt fix. a little flex is about it

[​IMG]