Register now to get rid of these ads!

Customs My Ford 51 Top Chop From Argentina

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Path Thirteen, Jul 30, 2010.

1. oldandkrusty

oldandkrusty

I just saw this thread and am totally blown away by this build. Path, you and your uncle are doing an absolutely amazing job on this car. Your metal working skills are outstanding.

I must agree with you that OahuEli's first Photoshop rendition of the chop with the crown of your car re-shaped is definitely heading in the right direction. I also think that taking an extra inch or two out of the A-pillars will cure some of the noticeable problems of the tops of the door frames seeming to have way too severe of an angle. The side view will just flow perfectly if you do this. Easy for me too say as I am not the one doing the work. But, I hope that my comments are taken as constructive and not as harsh criticism.

Keep up the great work. I LOVE THIS THREAD!!!

Tell your uncle that he should be congratulated for the way he is keeping the flame burning in the younger generation. Good luck with the rest of the build.

2. great idea to use line of sight and strings to align the body shape....most good fabricators are carpenters also...good luck!!

3. We gonna start again soon !! keep tuned !

Hola ! En Villa ballester, prov de buenos aires, cerca de general paz y avenida san martin, no se si ubicas. Saludos

Yes, i have to do that, but first im gonna try to fix the rear window angle and the roof crown, i like the "downhill" look on the side windows, but i need to match the roof with that ! we will see !! anyways, theres a good option for a bad chop, carson top ! hahaha

Thank you, my uncle also is a model A restorer, he mades the wood, mechanics, electrical, metalworking, etc !

4. bigalow49chop truck

bigalow49chop truck

Great job--- keep us up dated """"""

5. THE CHIEF

THE CHIEF
    from MIAMI

si se donde es, cuando voy te aviso asi puedo ver el auto

7. Well i did a very fast -cave man- photoshop ! this is what i have on my mind for fixing the chop... i think look way better, and the rocker panels angle matching the tail angle.

i was thinking in removing 1 or 2 inches on the front but i like the way that the windows come down, also i was thinking in making the door a little bit shorter becouse mine is at least 5" longer that the stock coupe / two door sedan... but i think fixing the roof that way and moving up the rocker panels look better... or maybe like a weir coupe chop, not a fucked up 4 doors chop !

I need some opinions !! thanks!!

[​IMG]

8. OahuEli

OahuEli
    from Hawaii

Hey Path, post the same picture as above but not photoshopped and I'll try to photoshop it with your latest ideas.
    Eli

9. Allright ! i will at night, becouse now im at work and i dont have that picture here!

Thanks !!

10. peeduh

peeduh
    from atx

Path, this thing is awesome! I have a 51 4 door chieftain I want to chop. Your thread is inspirational, man! I can't wait to see this thing finished one day!

11. twisted sister

twisted sister
    from chicago

its lookin rad bro! keep up the good work!

12. THE CHIEF

THE CHIEF
    from MIAMI

soy de alla, naci el belgrano y nos mudamos aca en el 90

13. SATANACHIA

SATANACHIA
    from Alabama

wow, any updates on this car path thirteen?

14. Hello there !! nope, there no updates on the building, well some little changes but nothing significat to put here... I stoped the proyect about one year ago becouse it was driving me insane, couldnt sleep, thinking all the time in the car, getting bad mood about it, things that i dont like, like the rear glash angle, need to lay it down a little more... and a lot of stuff... i have that problem all i do, for me it looks like crap, looks like im going in the wrong direction, i dont know, i look at my falcon and i think its crap, i look the 51 and its crap... but well, im building a motorcycle now, and getting ready to continue with the car and fix everything !!

Thank for reading !!

Good life !!

15. OahuEli

OahuEli
    from Hawaii

Well let us know when you get back on it. Sometimes its good to take a break and let things settle down. My photoshop offer (post #248) still stands.
    Eli

16. Well, i dont have any build update, but i have some nice photos we made at the shop, enjoy the lie of a mocked up !! haha

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

17. OahuEli

OahuEli
    from Hawaii

Path get back on that thing! We know you can sort out the roof issues!

18. koolkemp

koolkemp

X2 get back on it,it wont build itself!:D

19. BrerHair

BrerHair
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

20. x4.... You gave me words of encouragement when i first started my project, back at ya.......

21. OahuEli

OahuEli
    from Hawaii

And I say it again, get back to work! We wanna see your car completed! This car is too cool to sit in a corner and collect dust. Its summer time in Argentina, time to get the car out and continue! Time to kick some automotive ass!

22. Hello dear hambers, wow 2015, happy new year to all of you.
    I read again the whole thread and i almost cry. The history behind the car was me having a mental breakdown, im kind of anxious person, i want to finish all as soon as possible, and i was having troubles inside my head, almost couldnt sleep thinking about the car, and what i needed to do to it, what needed to be fixed. So slowly i was leaving the car aside and focusin on other stuff, started to build a motorcycle from scracth (a basketcase gilera 1968).
    My mind thinks fastern than my hands can build, so i spent almost a year building it, and yeah i went full retard doing a rigid frame from scratch, also building my first engine that i had to split cases 5 times until it worked fine, had to invent a ignition system for it using nowadays bike components... and well i finished the bike a year ago, and i didnt get as frustrated as i was with this car.
    Mr Per Webb came here to Argentina in a work travel and he saw the car and we hanged around, we had a good time, its incredible to know a Hamber from the other side of the planet!
    Last december i got married with my girlfriend, so i can say things got pretty straight this time. at least im no fucking crazy and i sleep like a baby and snort like a drunk whale.

Maybe its time to get back to this little mofo and finish it, or get crazy trying.

daddio211 likes this.
  23. OahuEli

OahuEli
    from Hawaii

Its good to hear you are looking at continuing work on your car. I'm sure there are many of us HAMBers from all over the world who would like to see you get back to work and complete this cool ride. Get on it!

Path Thirteen likes this.
  24. daddio211

daddio211

Show us the bike!

Path Thirteen likes this.

25. Hello man. Yeah hope to start soon... Time is pretty tight but lets see what we can do.

26. There u go
    IMG_20141230_165052.jpg IMG_20141230_165052.jpg IMG_20141230_165052.jpg IMG_20141008_002827.jpg IMG_20140902_004601.jpg

elgringo71 and daddio211 like this.
  27. daddio211

daddio211