Register now to get rid of these ads!

66 C10 Underhood pictures needed

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Randy in Oklahoma, Oct 11, 2011.

1. Randy in Oklahoma

Randy in Oklahoma
    from Oklahoma

I have a 66 C10 that had the windshield washer fluid tank removed at some point. Does anyone have a picture of a stock tank setup, showing the tank, and where it was placed under the hood?

Appreciate the help. Could not find anything on the traditional pickup sites.

2. It probably din't have a tank from GM it may have had a bag that hung in the driver side inner fender, dealer option.

3. SulphuriousSam

SulphuriousSam

Mine didn't have one at all. I'm pretty positive there were almost no changes under the hood either. Mine has the econoline heater and no other factory options except there was a radio (I know since the speaker is still there) so perhaps somebody with a higher optioned truck would know...

I think i saw a post with a picture of the bag type container over on the 67-72chevytrucks site (big section on 60-66 C10's there).

4. C4 Metal Werks

C4 Metal Werks
    from California

Sorry I do not have a picture but mine is mounted the drivers side of the radiator on the core support. LMCtruck.com has all of the pieces and parts.

5. squirrel

squirrel

I just found the original plastic washer tank and steel bracket from my 66 suburban (truck is long gone) when I was cleaning out a shed. I recall removing it to add an overflow tank, so it was probably next to the radiator.

66 was first year that all the chevys had washers. and backup lights.