Register now to get rid of these ads!

Home From Joplin to a true barn find

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by chadman, Aug 23, 2010.

1. chadman

chadman
    from illinois

Drove the old caddy tonight, up and down the farm road for a bit, little squeak here and there, but for not going 60 mph in 40 years I would say it did ok, fast car for a big old barge! No on to getting the front and rear brake cylinders working a bit better and then I got to get some plates and drive the damn thing!

Attached Files:

2. SquireDon

SquireDon
    from Oregon

Thats an huge car to get stopped! Hope you get those wheel cylinders working better soon.

3. chadman

chadman
    from illinois

well caddy is was ready for the pile up when I blew out a freeze plug tonight! hope to have one in and ready for 2mar! maybe take it to the decatur thursday night cruize on eldo, but would just be happy with making it to the hunnert!

4. El Caballo

El Caballo
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Happy to see it up and running. (sorta)

5. hozem396

hozem396
    from ohio

super nice Caddy!

6. Lucky77

Lucky77

I love those cars. Great score, congrats!

7. chadman

chadman
    from illinois

man, another freeze plug! made it clinton in friday night, had a good time, but lost another plug on sunday, hope to get it fixed and getting some new white walls for it, the old tires are about toast!

8. 54caddycoupe

54caddycoupe

Fantastic Find !! That Caddy will look great when it gets a bath. Its great to know that THEY ARE STILL OUT THERE! how come I cant find one,, ha

9. Any plans on lowering it too? I think it'd really change the attitude of the car.

10. chadman

chadman
    from illinois

Yep, me and my mother are waiting for my dad to go on vaction and then we are going to lower it for her, he is gettins new white walls as we speak, but the old man is a stock purist and thinks its fine the way it is, we have other idea's! mom likes low customs

11. Jay Tyrrell

Jay Tyrrell

Nice. Very Nice!

12. vince89

vince89

wow great find like mine only 2 doors. i love the barnfinds you cant find more of a 50s capsule than that