Register now to get rid of these ads!

Art & Inspiration Fall color tour here in Michigan.

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by flynbrian48, Oct 10, 2011.

1. flynbrian48

flynbrian48

We've had a week of 80 degree and sunshine weather here (after of course our two week vacation of cool, rainy, and windy weather :rolleyes:), and I've been trying to take advantage of it.

I've been stressed lately with a lot of things going on, but today helped. We got the roadster out and drove to one of our favorite restraunts for a great lunch and a glass of wine. Then, back home on the twisty backroads where I got to pour the car into a few 30 mph corners at 50, and listen to the exhaust bark.

Once home, we got the Chris Craft out and headed for the lake. A little breezy and light chop, but a beautiful afternoon. We had Sex on the boat(don't jump to conclusions, "Sex" is a sparkling wine from Mawby, our favorite Michigan vineyard!;)) and made a couple laps around the lake.

Sometimes, you gotta take a day off and just enjoy! Here's a couple pics, more at my blog...

Attached Files:

2. Simple.

Simple.
    from Troy, MI

Gotta love the colors here. On that note, I think a canoe trip up north is in order.

- Jon

3. millersgarage

millersgarage

your dog drinks??

I assume the "we" is you and the photographer, and not your front seat passenger :D

4. phat rat

phat rat

We have a number of good wineries here. Have you ever tried Boskydel Winery? It's a small winery not to far from Mawby's. I spent yesterday afternoon kayaking on the Muskegon River

5. You have a great way to relax Brian! Looks like a nice time on the boat.

6. flynbrian48

flynbrian48

You Bet! We always stop and enjoy Bernies sparkling conversation! ;) Our favorite, as far as the site, is Shady Lane, but Mawby's is overall, our favorite. It's great just to sit on the patio, drink a couple glasses of bubbly, eat some whitefish pate on crackers and look out over the vineyard.

Brian

7. povertyflats

povertyflats
    from Missouri

that looks fantastic Brian---good job---
    I'm also glad my buddy phat rat got to relax too---

8. Midwest Rodder

Midwest Rodder

Sounds like a good time!

9. A drive in the roadster, a cruise on the Chris Craft, a little wine and pate....

DAMN, your takin this "gold chainer" thing pretty seriously aren't ya?!?

We took a nice boat ride this weekend ourselves. The weather was awesome and the colors were at peak.

10. Pass the grey Poupon please!!! Man I want to be like you when I grow up!!

11. phat rat

phat rat

Sounds like you make the rounds sometimes also. It been a year or two since we did the rounds up there. Yes Bernies conversation can be rather sparkling. LOL

12. fab32

fab32
    Member Emeritus

Got to agree with the nice fall color. This has got to be one of the nicest fall seasons we've had here in Michigan in quite a while. No doubt a pleasant side effect of Al Gore's "global warming".:rolleyes:

Frank

13. Gary in da UP

Gary in da UP

Nice photos , too bad autumn colors don't last longer, eh? Still a few rodders out and about here. Nice cruising when you don't need a heater , or AC.

14. flynbrian48

flynbrian48

He was a lot more sociable when he was drinking along with people at the counter, but supposedly he was told he had to stop drinking. He wasn't exactly personable then, but now he's downright rude. We've seen him throw people out, while trying to buy wine. I imagine by the end of a busy day, he would have consumed quite a little too much!

We have a place at Fife Lake, and usually go up fairly often, this was only the second time we'd been up this year though. Long overdue. We also found another Spartan, and will be dragging it home whenever I get some time. It's less than 10 mles from our place.

Brian

Attached Files:

15. twochops

twochops

Brian, did you check out this swimmer in GR.at the Art Show sunday?
    She is unreal----------------BILL
    I THINK IT'S 2 TO 1 SCALE

Attached Files:

Last edited: Oct 11, 2011
  16. Sister and brother-in-law have a place on Fife.
    Great little lake. Colors must have been awesome.

17. Love fall in Michigan! Took the harley out all weekend, around 500 miles on her. Life is good :)

18. phat rat

phat rat

I hear you on how he can be. It was funny one time I couldn't remember his or his wineries name and was trying to remember where it was. We were at another little winery and got to talking to the owner. I told her we were trying to remember where another winery was. When I discribed how the guy acted she knew right away who I meant and gave directions. To my knowledge he was still drinking then

19. dvlscoupe

dvlscoupe

Just got back from a colorful ride through Hines drive in the roadster.

Attached Files:

20. Hope you were carrying.

21. Ah, Nothing like a spin in the roadster and cruising the Chris Craft. Bout time we had some great weather after being flooded 4 times this year. I would have liked to take my topless ride out yet but not ready. Strange enough I drug it home from Kalamazoo. I appreciate the wooden boats but how bout some roadster pics.

22. Man do I miss the northern Michigan fall. Don't miss what's coming in a month or two though!

23. Von Rigg Fink

Von Rigg Fink
    from Garage

My Daughter and I were out putting a bunch of miles on the Hot Rod checking out the colors and the pumpkin patches

Attached Files:

24. phat rat

phat rat

I'm leading a local hot rod club on a color tour this Sun. Only going to be a couple hrs but should be good.

25. 48ford

48ford

We just pulled the Lyman today,going to a swap/car show in adrian michigan on sunday.
    summers over
    later Russ

26. povertyflats

povertyflats
    from Missouri

that sounds great

27. dvlscoupe

dvlscoupe

Yes because the northville to Dearborn and back ride can be really hood with all the yuppies haha.

Sent from my iPad using TJJ app