Register now to get rid of these ads!

surfboard NO... snowboard MAYBE????

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by leadsled01, May 23, 2005.

1. hey boones check out this new dogtown board.....it's a 44" long board too!

http://www.warehouseskateboards.com/products.asp?item=1DDOG0PINS77500&class=1D&brand=DOG

2. phattpat

phattpat
    from Armada, MI

I agree w/ the majority here... there's too much concern over 'what's right'... just do whatchya like.

3. John B

John B

First thing that came to mind when this thread came up was "Step Into Liquid" Those guys from the GLSA are stoked. So I guess it's been proved you can surf just about anywhere.

But like everyone else, I say do what you want.

4. rlackey

rlackey

Well, I learnt to surf in England, and not even in Cornwall on the Atlantic but near Brighton on the English Channel. It sucks, and is "colder than a witches tittys" as they say there. We surfed our local break called West Beach in Littlehampton many times with a good few inches of snow on the pebbles (not really any sand to speak of), and it's purely a winter sport. The water is about 6deg C above freezing and you surf with a 6mm wetsuit, gloves, boots and a hood.

If I could drive around in England with a surfboard on my roof, where 99.9% of people have never and will never see a surfboard, then I think you have every right to drive around with one too, and yes, as already mentioned there is surf on lake Erie.

Since then I lived in Paia, on the north shore of Maui, and now Cape Town, South Africa, and it's all paid off... surf every day, all year round. This week is the start of the three week window period for the BWA (Big Wave Africa) held at Dungeons, a offshore reef here in Cape Town that gets HUGE in the winter.

Some people (especially surfers) will call you a poser, as I would have before I mellowed out, but who gives a shit. Do what you want, it does look cool and correct me if I'm wrong but isn't that at least half the reason we build the cars we do?

Just don't go around telling people you charge Wiamea or Pipeline every winter and you'll be ok (unless of course you do).

Rich