Register now to get rid of these ads!

Thank you to the Organizers of the 2011 Hunnert Car Pile-up!

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Jay Tyrrell, Oct 9, 2011.

1. Jay Tyrrell

Jay Tyrrell

Hi Guys,

This thread has one purpose. It is to thank all the Chrome Czars, The Red Army Volunteers and anyone else that has every worked to help organize and put on one of the best shows over the past 10 years.

Heading east today and making it back home to Canada I was thinking of all the great people that I have met over the last few HCPU and the U.S. friends that I have made. I can honestly say that from my point of view these have been the best shows that I have ever been to.

Once again thank you for putting on a hands down spectacular show!

Total distance there and back 1400 miles!

This picture is us heading home on Hwy 36 out of Decatur Il.

Jay

Attached Files:

• 151.JPG
      151.JPG
      File size:
      382.8 KB
      Views:
    Last edited: Oct 10, 2011
  2. coolstuff

coolstuff
    from Bettendorf

Huzzah and three cheers for the Chrome Czars and the Red Shirt Army - and DW
    they have put in thousands of hours to help us all have a good time.

3. x-shift

x-shift

A million thanks to the Chrome Czars for a spectacular show! You have set a fine example of how to run a top-notch event, and it will never be forgotten! May the rest of us continue to improve our shows based on your excellent standards!

4. glenn33

glenn33
    from Browns, IL

It's kind of bitter sweet...The last one was great, but all things must come to an end...Thanks Czars...

5. baby loves chrome

baby loves chrome

A big thanks to everyone that made this a great show!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

6. MaClutch

MaClutch
    from Midwest

D W and the Chrome Czars ~ TONS OF THANKS!!!!

7. TomCat 1

TomCat 1

The best show around!!!!!!!!!Hopfully some one with big shoes fills the void.....

8. BoPeep

BoPeep

Awesome show this year...spectacular ten year run...do you realize just how many lives you've been a part of?

9. voodoochili

voodoochili

Thank You, Czars!!! Great run!!!

10. Thanks guys.
    I'm lucky enough to call a bunch of the Czars friends and have been forutnate enough to help with the last several Pileup's.

I still remember my first Pileup in Sycamore. Me and Mark were walking by a group of people when one starts pointing at us and told his budies "Those are the guys that drove up from Texas". Now there are participants from all over the country driving in.

11. Thanks to DW and the guys for such great memories...and many more to come!

12. AngRi

AngRi

Huge thanks for Czars, Red Shirts and DW for all these great yeas! Pileups have totally changed my view of traditional hotrodding. It was the first shows in Morris that made me think that "this is what I want my car to look like", so Pileups also resulted the current look of my car. And all the great people/friends I've met/made in all these years - priceless! Thanks You!

13. magnet

magnet

Thanks guys.. it was a great show.. and we had fun doing it. You guys all made it worth the effort.

14. modelamac

modelamac

A HUGE THANK YOU! And hats off to a BIG Job well done!

It was a great time, seeing old friends, a great party and some of the most outstanding cars ever.

I'm sad to see it end, but I fully understand.

THANK YOU again... I think you guys have done more for the Traditional Hot Rod Culture in the Mid-West with this show than you can ever imagine. I'm sure everyone would agree...if there is ever a "Hall of Fame" for this life style, the Chrome Czars and their members should be in the first group of inductee's!

The Hunnert will be missed... but never forgotten!

15. LITTLE CAR

LITTLE CAR

From All of us at the OBG..THANK YOU!!

16. ToddJ

ToddJ
    from Marion, IA

Huge thank you to the Chrome Czars, DW and the Redshirt Army, and ALL the attendees of the Pileup! It has been one helluva fun ride! I will miss the Pileup! Thanks for the great memeories and a great show. Not to mention all the great friends I have made over the years!

17. Hellfish

Hellfish

You're welcome! Actually, the show wouldn't exist nor would it have succeeded without people like you coming to it every year, so THANK YOU!!!

18. rusty28a

rusty28a

Loved it! Thanks to the Czars for the incredible memories!!! My red shirt will go in a place of honor in my garage mahal!

19. big thanks to everyone that worked on making the show what is....for the last 10 years... Thanks...
    see ya at the heads up!

20. MaClutch

MaClutch
    from Midwest

ditto!!!!!!!!!!!!

21. BTB-Derby

BTB-Derby

Just a big thanks again, It's been a hell of a ride.:cool::cool: