Register now to get rid of these ads!

How many of you lose parts in the garage?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by aldixie, Oct 9, 2011.

1. PRB

PRB
    from Az

No never. The evil spirits in my garage steal them.

2. Flathead Johnny

Flathead Johnny
    from MA

its bad when you are looking for a part, tool, remote..ect and after 10 minutes of looking you realize its in your hand lol....im 32 and also have no excuse

3. 9fingerdoug

9fingerdoug
    from VA

I've got a dirt floor; hate droping a carb jet late at night :(

4. TexasSpeed

TexasSpeed
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from Texas

One of the best parts (yes, there is a good aspect) to this experience is sometime later on down the road, you find it and you're like "Oh, sweet! I thought this disappeared all those years ago!"

5. Dirk35

Dirk35

For the love of God, this is sooooooooo ME! I am constantly setting tools or small parts on a horizontal surface to never see them again. This, in just a small 2-car garage. And I feel like a total tard each time I do it and have to waste time searching for "that wrench I just had in my hand".

I think the Underpants Gnomes have expanded their business from just Tweaks dresser to anything I touch! :D

6. damagedduck

damagedduck
    from Greeley Co

-have ever cleaned the garage AND lost everything?

7. I don't even have a garage and I lose things all the time. I lost the nuts for my motor mounts ten minutes after I took them off. The only good thing about it is replacing things with new parts.

8. dmw56

dmw56

I blame it on the wife!

9. rattlesnakehoey

rattlesnakehoey
    from Australia

Never, log on to www.garagejournal.com & get a whole bunch of storage ideas. I did it & I'm hooked. Put the projects aside. take stock, get organized & you will never lose another item again.

10. '51 Norm

'51 Norm
    from colorado

After I chopped the windshield for my truck I put it in a "safe" place until I was ready to install it.

I later found the windshield by tripping over it and breaking it in half.

I will make the new one just before it is time to install it.

11. I lose shit all the time.

12. barry wny

barry wny

I start cleaning the pigpen up and run across it sooner or later. Or I find something I was looking for a couple weeks ago and start working on that and forget the original mission for a couple of weeks until I findparts while cleaning up to look for.... No sense in focusing too hard on the objective, just put in the time.

13. 1950ChevySuburban

1950ChevySuburban
    Member Emeritus
    from Tucson AZ

I never lose things. I've either misplaced it out of stupidity, or the ghosts are f''ing with me again!

14. KooDaddy

KooDaddy
    from Wis.

Garage Gremlins are sneeky little bastards!

15. three different tranny cables. 3ft, 7ft, 15ft. been looking off an on for the last six months. no luck. went out and bought another one about a month ago. still haven't come across the first three, and now I can't find the new one either. looks like I'll be doing a rod/hiem arrangement on the tranny.

16. terrarodder

terrarodder
    from EASTERN PA

Never put stuff in a place where you know where it will be. Always put it where you think you will look first. People say it will be in the lsat place I look, dah, once you find it why keep looking.

17. I don't lose things, I miss place them till a later date!

18. mrforddude

mrforddude

What's this garage thing that you speak of??? I guess the garage gremlins stole my whole garage...bastards

19. Boryca

Boryca
    from Detroit

Lost a come-along the other day, swearing up and down that I'd had it a couple days before. Looked everywhere for it too. I'll tell you what, that garage organizational stuff ain't worth a damn when the stuff you need is somewhere else. Turned up later that night - in use on one of the other projects:rolleyes:

20. tudorkeith

tudorkeith

mine isn't happy with parts, it likes tools too!

21. RocketSled

RocketSled

The problem is the parts that mysteriously evaporate. 1 of 4 water pump bolts dropped from sight upon reassembly, only to make itself known again on the racetrack, where it and the Fan decided to play Handball with the radiator 3 or 4 times.

The car had been cooling SO DAMN WELL up to that point, too. :(

I've also had a nut flip me the bird, then fall down into the space between all four tubes of the exhaust header...down in the collector where they all come together. Presumably, It's still there.

22. Lobucrod

Lobucrod
    Alliance Vendor
    from Texas

My problem is I put stuff in a safe place so I wont loose it never to find it again.

23. Ned Ludd

Ned Ludd

It doesn't work. My dad's organized like that and I lose stuff in his garage!

24. outlaw256

outlaw256

i have 2 shops and a couple out buildings.after a motorcycle wreck in 05 i ended up with brain damage that effects my memory.so i got really organized. everything in a box and wrote down in a book. now where the hell is that book! i cant find anything.one day my dog, a big ol boxer was in the shop with me. i was sittin down workin on brakes. id set something down and it was gone.a brakeshoe screwdriver pliers. everything just went GONE. that nite i went into the house sure i was crazy, or ghosts were have fun with me. and whats on the front porch,everything i lost that day.including a big pile of other stuff i hadnt missed yet.piled right next to my damn dog, who was sound asleep.that butthead had me ready for the nuthouse.

25. Jalopy Jim

Jalopy Jim

I have a 26 x 26 working shop and store parts 1/4 mile down the road in my business building. My trouble is the Shop Troll, it keeps moving the parts on me and I can not find them the next day. I should use a hunting infrared camera and catch it in the act.

26. I blame the the wife also, whatever's missing, has to be in the same damn place as my other sock!

27. JimC

JimC
    from W.C.,Mo.

One has to look for something before he can call it lost,

If it is in my garage, it is lost.

28. Most times I spend more time LOOKIN than DOIN and sometimes I forget what I was looking for when I find something else I've been looking for. The High Mileage waltz?

29. junkyardjeff

junkyardjeff

It happens to me all the time and it usually turns up after I buy another part but there are a few parts that have never been found.

30. Lone Star Mopar

Lone Star Mopar

I thought those were offerings..thats what keeps the cars running right ??