Register now to get rid of these ads!

Rocketeer question

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by ne'erdowell, Oct 6, 2011.

1. ne'erdowell

ne'erdowell

I just picked up what seems to be a very late '55 324 Olds (thanks Walt!). So far all seems good, but it's BLUE. It appears that this is the color it came with, doesn't look like a repaint and I don't think it was re-built and then painted blue. So what applications might this have used in that would needed this color?

2. 55olds88

55olds88

the Olds ones were always Green to my knowledge, what about in GMC truck applications ?

3. ne'erdowell

ne'erdowell

Maybe, I thought that they were used in busses, and cabs and maybe some marine applications also. When I got the timing cover off, there was an offset pulley mounted in front of the cam sprocket. About 1/2" wide and smooth, I don't know what this was for since the chain was on the sprocket itself not the pulley.

4. F&J

F&J

I think you are looking at the fuel pump cam.

5. ne'erdowell

ne'erdowell

That would make sense. The engine didn't have a fuel pump I didn't think of that. Thanks Frank, it's a good day, I learned something about my project.

6. chaddilac

chaddilac

Olds motors and Pontiac motors came in some of the bigger trucks.... my 371 olds crossreferences to some 1 ton or bigger trucks!

7. jsteph

jsteph
    from phoenix az

I have a 73 olds 455 that came out of a motorhome that is blue!!