Register now to get rid of these ads!

Just got back from the HCPU

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Bill Rinaldi, Oct 8, 2011.

1. Bill Rinaldi

Bill Rinaldi

I just closed the garage door on my trip to the 10th and LAST Hunnert Car Pileup. To say it was a GREAT event would be an under statement. I'm Quite sure it set a new attendance record and there was a really noticeable enthusiasm by the many drivers and passengers who attended. If there was any glitzes in the program I sure never noticed it. As usual there was the very diverse collection of cars and characters to see and the GREAT weather made people watching a REAL spectator sport. At the HAMB meet and greet we all had the HONOR of yelling out THANK YOU CHROME CZARS!!!!! For myself a SINCERE THANKS to the CZARS and THE RED SHIRT ARMY---WELL DONE---VERY WELL DONE INDEED BILL RINALDI

2. MODELA30

MODELA30

COULD NOT AGREE MORE !!!!!!! Knuck From Indiana.

3. xmacx

xmacx
    from illinois

Great weather, great friends, great time another classic.

4. Jalopy Joker

Jalopy Joker

all good and no pics??

5. coolbreeze1340

coolbreeze1340
    from Indiana

I liked the Morris set-up a lot better (the trees were always a plus) but this was still a great show. I rather cruise 4 hrs on the 2-lanes than 2 hrs on the Interstate anyday! Very nice area and the town square in Clinton was a cool set-up. A little shade would have went a long way today!

6. This was the first time I had an opportunity to attend this show (as a spectator only)
    Met some great people and had a fantastic time, that is really encouraging since I am in the process of relocating to Illinois. Hopefully a new venue will turn up to fill the void!
    Here are a couple of my favorites.

Attached Files:

7. spoons

spoons
    from ohio

I have been home about an hour...and this was the best yet..
    JUNIOR BROWN kicked ass!!!

8. magnet

magnet

Thanks guys... it was a great show.

9. dirtbag13

dirtbag13

had a great time as well ! hats off to the chrome czars for the great and final last hunnert !

10. Midwest Rodder

Midwest Rodder

I had a blast! the CZARS put on a great show!! It won't be soon forgotten.

11. 50specialdeluxe

50specialdeluxe

Got back this afternoon and had to play catch up on sleep. Had an absolute blast at the show and afterparty at Aaron's. Cars were amazing and the Red Shirt Army did a helluva job keeping everything running smoothly. Junior Brown absolutely rocked it! Huge thanks to the Czars for everything they've done for Hunnert, it will be missed!

12. LITTLE CAR

LITTLE CAR

Thank You Czars!!!

13. fab32

fab32
    Member Emeritus

Sorry that previous commitments kept me from attending the last in a great series of HCPU. I'd like to thank the Czars for putting on the best series of traditional hot rod shows I've ever attended. Hope the future will see them revisiting this show after a period of rest. I know a revival would be welcomed by all.

Frank

14. truckdude1

truckdude1

15. Greaser Bob

Greaser Bob

What can I say-frickin blast!

16. plynch

plynch

Best Pileup ever in my opinion. Thanks to all that work to make The Pileup happen every year.

17. choptruck

choptruck

Talk about going out with a bang. Really good show, made some good friends and had a great drive. Four hours isn't long enough for the weather we had.

18. Damn straight Mike! And all because of you and the Czars. THANK YOU for the efforts and for 10 GREAT EVENTS.

19. carshowgirl

carshowgirl

one word.....A----MAZE------ING!!!!!!!

20. The car event weather gods were certainly on our side this past weekend. Having attended all but the first years event, this year was bittersweet for us. We always looked forward to this event as the last fling of the year. Each year, the pileup continued to get better, become more organized and we met and made more friends every year.
    Moving forward we hope someone will take over the same weekend in October next year.

Thanks Chrome Czars for providing us all of the years of fun over the past decade.
    John, Susie, and Dustin

21. ToddJ

ToddJ
    from Marion, IA

Absolutely fantastic show. Way to go out with a huge bang! Big thanks to the Czars for one of the best damned shows ever! Gonna miss the Hunnert, but what great memories! You guys are the best!!!

Last edited: Oct 11, 2011
  22. coolstuff

coolstuff
    from Bettendorf

Choptruck - you were there in bare metal right? If so - that ride was WAAAAY cool - I got footage of ya driving in - but then never saw you again - wanted to really go over the ride in detail.
    I am sure we will see it in Wayland for the Rust Revival right?

23. Hellfish

Hellfish

Thanks John, and everyone else! FWIW, check out the Iron Invasion if you're looking for a show this weekend next year. I think you'll be pleasantly surprised. We may come back with another show in a year or 2, but if we do, it will be someting totally different. We're burning some brain cells trying to come up with something already. :)

24. Crazy Legs

Crazy Legs

We had a great time as well! A+ guys!

25. MODELA30

MODELA30

WOW!!!!! THE HUNNERT RETURNS ITS ALIVE!!!! ITS ALIVE!!!!!!!! Knuck From Indiana.

26. Old Rod

Old Rod
    from Brazil, IN

I agree completely, had a great time. Bob Gorby

27. dustdevil

dustdevil
    from illinois

I had a blast this past weekend! I met a lot of cool people and made a bunch of new friends. Got a chance to ride in a 50's built 32 roadster. That was awesome! Sold some art and had fun doing it! Thanks for the support and hope something comes back, I will be attending Iron Invasion for sure! Looking forward to next years shows. The party at Aarons was awesome!

28. hotrodpodo

hotrodpodo

The 10th and last Pile Up (6th one for me) was fantastic. Number and quality of cars was outstanding. I'm gonna miss this show but I know that John Wells is more than up to the task of picking up where the Pile Up left off and the Iron Invasion should be a blast. Thanks again Chrome Czars for all the hard work over the past decade!!!:cool:

29. Django

Django
    from Chicago

No shit? I wish we could have connected at the show. Where are you moving to?

Thanks everyone. The passion that the Pileup instills into all of you is really inspiring. We couldn't have done it without you.