Register now to get rid of these ads!

What does your car part room look like?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by fiveoh108, Oct 9, 2011.

1. I have been collecting parts for my bf/x falcon build and looked at my parts collection today. I noticed it was taking over the room with fiberglass fenders, trunk, rear glass, cragars, valve covers, steering wheel, trim pieces etc... This does not even include the engine, rear end and transmission sitting in the garage! What does you car part room look like?

Attached Files:

2. 94hoghead

94hoghead

Mine looks much junkier than yours. I'm a slob. Just ask my wife......

3. oldcarfart

oldcarfart

Room? room hell! how about a 2 car garage and 40' trailer, sooner or later this shoulder replacement will heal enough to put this 1:1 scale model together! <grin>

4. hammeredcoupe

hammeredcoupe
    from Tacoma,WA

Have you ever seen "Hoarders" on A&E? If I don't clean this area up I may be a candidate for an upcoming episode.

5. Mr48chev

Mr48chev
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

#1 answer right there and I couldn't have said it better. A garage so full I can't get in or out and three sheds full of "future project' pieces.

6. I am trying to keep it manageable, I had it out of control before, but never being able to find anything always made me mad!

7. mgtstumpy

mgtstumpy

Two (2) bedroom cupboards, under the stairs and even more in the shed. Since these photos were taken I've acquired more, trim, chrome etc etc, not including the engine, gearbox and suspension grafts. No room in a 20' x 20' shed even now, running out of room.

Attached Files:

8. Noland

Noland

yep, I cant ever find part I swear I bought so I just buy more

9. Flathead Johnny

Flathead Johnny
    from MA

:) never thought of my build as a 1:1 model!.....i have a pretty organized garage with a few motors against the back wall, work bench, huge tool chest and odds and ends, it houses my 56 f100 project and viper....my basement has a large corner with 95% of the trucks parts while it is disassembled, thats my parts room

10. dmulally

dmulally

I went from this pile of crap which was shin bashingly shit.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

to this:

[​IMG]

For all my future project junk I cant bare to let go of, I came up with a mobile storage solution.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Last edited: Oct 9, 2011
  11. dana barlow

dana barlow
    from Miami Fla.
    1. Y-blocks

I'd show a photo,but ya can see the forist for the trees

12. EnragedHawk

EnragedHawk
    from Waco, TX

My work bench has sort of become my place to throw spare parts. It used to be so clean too.... There's all kinds of junk now: a couple of steering columns, a distributor, an intake manifold, a few exhaust manifolds, and other general crap. I think there's a carb in there somewhere too.

[​IMG]