Register now to get rid of these ads!

1931 Chevy frame

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by 50merc808, Oct 7, 2011.

1. 50merc808

50merc808

Wondering if anyone has the frame specs for a 31 chevy (roadster) ? Got no crossmembers , just basically 2 frame rails to start with that have the factory holes welded up...so it's making it a bit rough setting this thing up on the table. Aloha, and Thanks in advance.

2. Mat Thrasher

Mat Thrasher

3. 50merc808

50merc808

i think it's 29-30 and 31-32 but not positive...i'll check that thread out, thanks. the info i got so far is..front axle centerline 18 5/8 from the tip of the front spring mount, and rear axle CL is 127 1/8 from the same pont up front? seems right looking at it..anyone else?

4. F&J

F&J

I have a customer 31 running chassis here, no body on it. What exactly go you want measured?

And it is a roadster, but they are all the same.

5. 50merc808

50merc808

If you could reconfirm my measurements of the axle centerline front n rear, also the width between the frame rails in the rear/front , and over both axle centerlines that would be great. thanks man you're a life saver!!

6. F&J

F&J

Sorry it took so long...Was at a show all day; here are some pics and measurements. The frame will be here for maybe a week or less, if you need more.

Front tip of forged bracket at front of frame to front axle C/L is 18.25

From same tip of frame to rear axle C/l is 126-5/8 with no weight, so it will get a bit longer with a body, plus most all oldies never seemed to have the rear axle centered in the well.

Width of front tips; one rail looks tweaked a bit so I added what I thought was correct: There are 2 rivets on each front frame tip to hold that bracket. The measure on the front rivets C/L is 23-1/2

Rear width:If you still have the rear forged brackets with the center bumper mount holes; the width to centers of the holes is 42-1/2

If you don't have the brackets but can see the last rivet holes that held them on; the width there to centers is 42-3/8

If you can see welded up holes about halfway from front to back on the tops of the rails; the middle body mount holes between centers are 33"

The next pair back from center of car is 35-5/8

Attached Files:

7. 50merc808

50merc808

You my friend are first class! Pm me your address, i'll send you a little aloha for your time. That should do the trick, if i happen to need another measurement i'll be sure to bug you again.

btw : those measurements are hard to come by, i called around, searched the net, once again the power of the HAMB prevails!

just curious what did you/your customer have planned for the 31?

8. F&J

F&J

The owner has the original roadster body that will go back on it. I just did enough work to get it running and drivable, he will do the rest.

9. pm sent....have frame....will travel....

10. 50merc808

50merc808

Thanks guys. I think I got it under control now., everything jives with the measurements you got me..after a little persuasion of course. I think when he welded the frame holes , and the previous welding done for the engine swap..it got a little tweaked.

11. 50merc808

50merc808

[​IMG]
    This is how off it was when we got it on the table. The front was good but thats about it.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    After the measurements you got to me. That looks more like it. Thanks again.