Register now to get rid of these ads!

Saved by the HAMB

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by zmcmil2121, Dec 13, 2010.

1. zmcmil2121

zmcmil2121

So There are threads about where are they now and lost cars but I was wondering, what old and famous, or even not that famous show cars has the HAMB saved? I know that a guy on here bought the Black Panther but what work has been done to it? Any others? Please throw up a picture if you feel like it.

2. Black Panther

Black Panther
    from SoCal

Hey...I own the Black Panther and I am still acquiring parts for it. In a few months I will have the Panther off the frame and will restore that...taking plenty of pictures in the meantime of course....but when the body gets remounted or close to it...I was going to post a thread here entitled "Help me save the Black Panther"...hopefully some local guys will want to come over and help me work on repairing the floor and rocker rust it has. They will be paid of course...I just cant afford to take it to a shop and leave it there for months then give them my first born to pay the tab....hopefully will make some friends in the process too...

3. zmcmil2121

zmcmil2121

See, this to me is too cool! One guy who was influenced by the car saw it and bought it, and is now going to resurrect it, plus, here is a picture for those who don't know the car.
    [​IMG]

4. zmcmil2121

zmcmil2121

Any onthers out there? How about the one that rikster is covering?

5. Black Panther

Black Panther
    from SoCal

I was looking at the Panther today and decided to post these three pictures...the rear of the car is said to be lowered 5"-6" over stock and this C notch is how they got the rearend to move up into the body. I have seen alot of butcher jobs on old hot rods and customs...but I think this looks pretty neat.... the original builder must have used some original frame rail sections to do that c notch...this was done in about 1953-54 or so...

Attached Files:

Last edited: Dec 24, 2010
  6. koolkemp

koolkemp

Heres my 48 Dodge custom...been trying for 6 years or so to find any early history...gonna do one more thread and see if it rings a bell with anyone...I am not too optimistic though.....:(

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

7. zmcmil2121

zmcmil2121

Any one else out there? I find these to be really cool.