Register now to get rid of these ads!

need mesurements 53 chevy

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by cruiser51, Oct 8, 2011.

1. cruiser51

cruiser51

i need some help frome any body that can help with motor placement. im doing a frame up restoration on my 53 chevy and ive pulled the body off the car allready. im trying to mock up my motor and tranny but i am not sure where to place the motor im puting a 350-350 set up in it and im sure there is lots of them on here with the same set up. wat i need is mesurements frome the front of the frame rails to the motor mounts. any help would be apreciated. i dont want to have to put on my body just to take it off again its not to easy considering its in mmy back yard and the frame is in my garage thanks.

2. clinthull

clinthull

You might want to look into Walton fabrication. I used their motor mounts and transmission mount worked out well and you don't need the body on the car.

3. cruiser51

cruiser51

waltons thanks ill check it out.

4. clinthull

clinthull

You should check out 50chevy.com its got a lot of good info on our cars

5. cruiser51

cruiser51

thanks for all the info. i cant see any pics on the 50 chev site. the waltons showes there motor mount directions but it says 20 inches to the bolt holes there mounts are behind the bolt holes. do you know how far. im trying to fab my own mounts. im redt to just center on the cross member and go for it.

6. Rickybop

Rickybop
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

cruiser...take some accurate measurements of the body...front body mount hole to firewall. Transfer that to the frame...front body mount hole to reference mark(s) on the frame.