Register now to get rid of these ads!

When you seen it all yard find the bettie 32

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by nailhead terry, Sep 6, 2011.

1. billylo

billylo

[​IMG]
    This is the one that I let get away. After 7 years of trying to buy it, I just thought it couldn't be had....Sometimes it's just not ment to be!

I am glad Terry got it, but I think I look pretty good sitting in there......

2. nailhead terry

nailhead terry

Hey it was my lucky day but you do look like you were going around the block. my patches came in today now out comes the plasma and cutoff saw ye haw !!

3. Jim P

Jim P
    from Tyler, TX

Nice find Terry. Welcome to the club.

4. nailhead terry

nailhead terry

Thanks Jim I remember about 25 years ago working on certain 32 pick up hoping I would have my own 32 someday. I have this one and I hope that it's cool as yours ! I dont know about that club! But I went and got a 40 x member and pedals tonite and finished drilling my frame rivets out. Were going to good guys friday need more parts !

5. Woody's Hot Rods

Woody's Hot Rods

Great story! Congrats!

6. nailhead terry

nailhead terry

Thanks Woody my gas tank came in today and I was trying to fit my x member and there is still some metal to be moved around I guess I will work on it saturday !

7. Jeff Norwell

Jeff Norwell
    Staff Member

More pics!!! we need more pics Terry!!

8. nailhead terry

nailhead terry

I will post some tomorrow I lost my usb cable. Chassis in the jig I have been pulling out 80 years of abuse the old frame was crooked as a snake. I have a 40 x member a 8 3/4 rear out of a 70 cuda 373 and a posi my rears spring hangers are on their way. I bought a cowl section for it the front door post had been abused a guy on here had a nice one and the price was right. I went to good guys and found some hurst slicks on american 5 spokes I was going to put steelies on it but 450 for new slicks and new wheels !! We mocked up and it was sick!!I also picked up aset of louvered hood sides and both spreader bars for 75 bucks not much stuff on friday but the price was right .

9. kisam

kisam

Terry,
    Sounds like your a man on a mission! Can't wait to see pics!

10. chopt51chevy

chopt51chevy
    from delaware

Lucky man!!!! Very cool!

11. Jeff Norwell

Jeff Norwell
    Staff Member

Sounds great Terry...Keep Rolling.....

12. WOW! I'm sure you loved that truck, but congratulations on the greatest trade in history! Can't wait to see more pictures.

As for the truck pictures: It snows in Texas?!

13. woodypecker

woodypecker

So you took the road less traveled and it has made all the difference. I will always take the long way to lowes.

14. Nice score. Love those 5w's!

15. -Brent-

-Brent-

Wow, first time seeing this thread. Good for you Terry! It sounds like it couldn't have happened to a nicer guy...

Man, I would've traded my daily driver pickup for that thing!

16. nailhead terry

nailhead terry

Thanks guys and kisam I am trying to get ready for hot rod build season kinda like deer season but cleaner !! no I have my heater ready and fridge full at the shop it's gonna be head down and butt up I would like to have my 33 chevy and the 32 at the Round Up I dont have the binder for back up. So now is get busy time !! and I will post some pics soon of the 2 coupe build !!

17. bodyman

bodyman
    from east tx

pics pics pics

18. nailhead terry

nailhead terry

Well heres some progress what a mess !! But still fun gathering the parts half the fun!

Attached Files:

19. kisam

kisam

Thanks for the update Terry! I really like the X member - wish I could have sourced one of those. Are you staying with a 32 front crossmember?

20. nailhead terry

nailhead terry

No mam I am putting a Model A crossmember in it and flattning the rear I will post some more pics tonite !!

21. Jeff Norwell

Jeff Norwell
    Staff Member

Great stuff Terry.

22. nailhead terry

nailhead terry

Jeff keep posting pics of those sub rails where I can ketch up to ya.I am gonna weld in the boxing plates and x member this weekend I will post more photos soon!

23. DMFB

DMFB

Wow Terry....only you brother.

24. Awesome! I guess not all luck is bad! :]

25. bodyman

bodyman
    from east tx

LOOKING GOOD ! you gonna be around the shop this weekend ?

26. nailhead terry

nailhead terry

Yep I am going up to the swapmeet in the morning and then to the shop bring your saftey glasses the sparks are gonna fly !!

27. nailhead terry

nailhead terry

Hey Danny you belive this shit I am still pinching myself you should hear the gold chain comments from the local peanut gallery. I will get them one by one every dog has his day !P.S. no mister T starter kit yet !

28. DMFB

DMFB

Haha, I can only imagine. You better get that 3 window on the road man, gotta at least have one going. It's hard enough to keep my ONE going. Blew the tranny out of it couple days ago. Brought it home on a trailer today....so I had my fair share of gold chain and trailer queen comments dealt to me today, lol. Hope all is good buddy.

29. nailhead terry

nailhead terry

Man hate to hear about the gear box I just left the shop Me and steven got the chassis boxed and both crossmembers in we dropped the rear one it should set good. Danny I miss my old truck but !we will have this 32 running perrty quick. I will post some pics soon !

30. 28RPU6

28RPU6

I did not get any pictures of the boxing plates or crossmembers yet, but I thought I would post a mock up picture of the car and the rails in the jig. The old frame looked pretty good untill we started tieing it into the jig, but it all came out fine. Terry installed a model A front cross member, and we flattened the rear and have them welded in now and about 75% of the boxing plates are in and look very nice. I'll post more pics of the chassis as I get time.

Attached Files: