Register now to get rid of these ads!

Features Studebaker Guys on the H.A.M.B.

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by woodysrods, Sep 24, 2011.

1. woodysrods

woodysrods

I am new to the H.A.M.B. but have participated on one other Forum (SDC Forum) for the past year.
    Just wanted to hear from othe Studebaker guys that may be here on the H.A.M.B but not on the SDC Forum.
    Please drop me a note on this thread.
    Especially you "Northwest" guys!
    Good Roads
    Brian

2. moonboots & sweatpants

moonboots & sweatpants
    from Coalfield

Good lookin truck, just got back from Bonneville with our Studebaker, hasn't made it off the trailer yet. Start searching and you'll find tons of material. SDC is good, have you looked at racingstudebakers.com? Another good one, not a ton of activity but some good information.
    Later
    Dan

Oh ya, Im just south of you in Warshington...

3. woodysrods

woodysrods

Thanks Dan
    I thought I had driven on almoast every road in Washington State....but, I don't know where Coalfield is???
    Good Roads
    Brian

4. Hello from N. Iowa, My 48 M-5 and my new project , a 31 Stude model 54 coupe. I do my own thing at home. I don't know what your odd rod definition is but around here you don't see many 48 M's or 31 coupes which make them odd for me. Stude's are cool.

Attached Files:

exterminator likes this.

5. BruceT

BruceT
    from Abbotsford

there are other BCer's here Brian.... we Studebaker folk have to stick together,we are a rare commodity....

bruce

6. Mike VV

Mike VV
    from SoCal

That's not fair....leaving SDC'ers out of your thread....

Mike

7. aircap

aircap

I post on the SDC forum almost daily.... under my real name.

8. old-idaho-iron

old-idaho-iron

always good to see more Studebakers, i've got a 48 m5, it's my "oddball" under construction, started out life a m16 studebaker truck, with parts off of 3 different pickups, i have the body basically put together, now just need to decide what to do with the frame,i/e suspension upgrades brakes ect ect, anybody have any good ideas how to go with these trucks< subfame vs m2 crossmemebers?? any ideas will help,

alan

9. Bonneville Avanti Dan

Bonneville Avanti Dan
    from California

Moonboots Dan,
    Glad to see too made it home safely. What was the speed on your best run? I didn't have a chance to ask as we were trying to get the Avanti ready for a possible run at the record the next day.
    Dan

10. utfanatic

utfanatic

We non-member SDC stude lovers are out here. Greetings from Middle Tennessee. -robert

11. One of my projects in waiting is a 1929 Dictator, greetings.

12. bedrock

bedrock
    from Alberta

Hey Woody it's been awhile, how you doing? Should keep you guessing but if you think of bedrock and an ex-goldminer you should be able to figure it out.

13. I have one of these - 1928 1/2 Third Series GE Dictator. Unfortunately about 15 years ago number three rod broke just below the piston and took the side off the engine on its way out - and broke the carb and starter off the side amongst other things - and left the camshaft in three pieces lying in the side tray. I was only doing about 40mph when it happened - just over 2000rpm. I think all of the valve lifters are still lying in the oil pan. It is in the queue of things to be fixed.

14. Ranunculous

Ranunculous

< My purple M5 in front of my buddy's house.

Anyone have inside window trim w/ wing window assemblies?

Last edited: Jan 6, 2012
  15. flatheadpete

flatheadpete
    from Burton, MI

I have a Stude engine for my T. Can I play?

16. Stude in my Model A with 50k miles and another one in my FED project.

Welcome to the HAMB
    [​IMG]

Attached Files:

Last edited: Dec 9, 2011
  17. Silverplate

Silverplate

I am here and post on the SDC under the same name.
    [​IMG]ffice:eek:ffice" /><O:p></O:p>
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Cosmo50 likes this.
  18. bstie

bstie

We have talked before when we met on the SDC site, I have more fun here! I finally worked a deal with a local shop they are picking my M5 tomorrow hopefully will have her on the road by the summer!! I shared all the photos you sent me of your truck with the guy he was impressed and we have a good plan for getting my truck on the road. lots of great studebakers on here keep up the good work! Bstie

19. Bearcat_V8

Bearcat_V8
    from Dexter, MI

OK, I'm in. 1955 Commander Coupe.

20. I just picked up 3 53/54 2 door coupes for Barb . Her dream car. She already has the T shirt. I'm going to make a tube frame with a M II front suspension, and maybe an independent rear. Power will be a 350/700R4. It's just going to be her daily driver.

21. 40StudeDude

40StudeDude

I'm here...never knew that there was a SDC forum...
    I had a '50 Starlite coop waaa-aaay back in HS...

Here's my '40 Stude Commander at the HAMB drags...
    [​IMG]

...and here it is in my back yard...
    [​IMG]

I've owned it since 1977, it was a fugitve from the junk yard...I built it and put over 140,000 on it...it's time for a re-do on it...

Anyhooo, Woodsy, welcome to the HAMB...

R-

22. stude54ht

stude54ht
    from Spokane WA

Greetings from Spokane. Nice truck!

23. The Continental

The Continental
    from Texas

I've currently got a 50 3/4 tow truck, but really want a Coupe Express, Golden Hawk, and 50 Starlight. I'd want them with one of the Supercharged Studebaker V8s.

Has anyone ever done a chop on a Starlight?

24. I got a '53 Commander, starlight. It is still in pieces but I have almost all the pieces to build it if I ever get to it. I move pretty slow.

The Ol' man worked for the Studebaker garage in Portland when I was born, until about '57. I have always been fond of mid '50s Studes.

I owned a '51 half ton when I was in high school as well as a Hemi powered '57 Silver Hawk. I only owned the hawk for about 20 minutes, someone offered me double my money on it and we needed groceries. The wife is still made at me about it. I guess that makes her a Stude person also.

Oh I am not in the NW but I have lived there a couple of times.

25. S_Mazza

S_Mazza

I am sort of a Studebaker wannabe. I want a Wagonaire. Might also like an Avanti. But for now, I just look and enjoy.

26. 4HawkRod

4HawkRod
    BANNED

Here is my 54 3R-5

Hamilton Ontario Made
    #95 of 263
    Only 15,000 original miles

Attached Files:

Cosmo50 likes this.
  27. hupster

hupster
    from california

I've got a 48 Champion convertible that looks a lot like a 50 as I used 50 front group and rear fenders.

Attached Files:

28. The37Kid

The37Kid

Welcome to the HAMB Woody, I've always admired the Studebaker powered INDY cars of the 1930's. Does anyone were I could find 4 1932 Studebaker wire wheel hub caps?

29. Commando66

Commando66

I'm over on the Stude forum too occasionally. Silverplate, that's a great looking Avanti. Serial # must be close to my old man's (4580).

30. Mopar Jack

Mopar Jack

Im a mopar man by birth,but i do have a couple 1932 Rockne coupes(by Studebaker)...i love the lines...