Register now to get rid of these ads!

found a cool Hemi induction set-up today

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by 94hoghead, Oct 5, 2011.

1. 94hoghead

94hoghead

A buddy of mine called and told me his Dad was selling his Hemi intake. I ran over to see it and this is what I found. It's a Weiand drag star 6x2 log style intake. It's got six 2 barrel Rochester carbs and what appears to be a home made linkage set up.

2. 94hoghead

94hoghead

How streetable would a set-up like this be? I think it was designed for racing, hence the name.....

3. propwash

propwash
    from Las Vegas

yeah....strictly race, although I guess with a set of 5.38s in back and driving around in 1st gear a lot you could sort of get away with it on the street - but you'd need to keep clearing it out - a chance to make even MORE noise.

4. MrGasser

MrGasser
    from DETROIT

Did you buy it? How much does he want for it?

5. Roger Walling

Roger Walling

Block off the four end carbs and run the two middle ones.

6. George

George

Or block the middle 2 & run the outer 4.

7. Or make them progressive. :D like twin tri powers.

8. Jon SSS

Jon SSS

Sweetness for sure.

9. Mnhotrodbuilder

Mnhotrodbuilder
    from Afton, MN

Agree

10. TexasSpeed

TexasSpeed
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from Texas

Isn't Mark Ford running one on his Model A? It has Holleys instead of Rochesters though..

11. titus

titus

they are totally streetable, you just need to know how to make it that way.

Rochestors are pretty biggish to run 6 exept for racing, you could redrill the intake for 3 bolt 94's and run 6 with the outer 4 on progressive linkage.

jeff

12. Rickybop

Rickybop
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Race only? 6X2s have been run on the streets for decades.

The right size carbs, jets, tuning, progressive linkage, it'd be great.

13. oj

oj

I'e got one of those setups and there isn't a riser between the log and where it bolts to the head. I also havde one that has no name on it and it is more similiar to yours except there is a riser from the log to the carb flange as well. I wonder why there are differences, i don't think deck height combinations have anything to do with it. Any ideas?

14. scootermcrad

scootermcrad
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Wow! What's all this "blocking off" of carbs stuff??? He hasn't even said what Hemi it would be going on. And nothing wrong with running all of them if you're setup right and the engine can breathe enough.

Never seen a Drag Star setup with Roaches... Interesting. Always thought the spacing was too narrow. Guess not.

The answer is YES! You can put it on the street and you can drive the hell out of it too.

Proof!

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/AxAW3oV8tw8" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

15. jipp

jipp

if your proof dose not put a smile on ones face you are already dead..
    chris.

16. Badass Scooter, I am very jealous right now and it will take the rest of the night to get over it!!!

17. 94hoghead

94hoghead

Yes, I did buy it. I thinking about putting on my 354.......If I ever get it built.

18. 117harv

117harv

I have had that video saved for awhile....sounds awesome!

19. 34hemipu

34hemipu

Settle down Randy , you can't have em all ! Ha Ha !

20. scottydc

scottydc
    from Waco TX

Lol that video is sweet!! so yeah dont run that intake if you never wanna get out of second gear in town! ;-)

21. moparmonkey

moparmonkey
    from NorCal

Totally streetable with the right set up, although I'm not sure the Rochester's are the right set up for a 354, you may have to block a couple of them or run them progressive depending on how you build the 354.

It also depends on what Hemi its for (although I can't imagine that the Rochester's would physically fit onto anything other than a Chrysler). I can make out the "W" in the first pic on the inside of the intake, but not the other characters. Drag Stars were made for ALL of the hemi variations, so you should double check that it is for a Chrysler and not a Dodge or DeSoto. Dodge Hemi Drag stars should be marked "W D", DeSoto's with a "W DS". (If it happens to be for a Dodge hemi and you want to sell it, let me know :D )

This is a Desoto 6x2...

Attached Files:

Last edited: Oct 6, 2011
  22. TomWar

TomWar

I ran 6 rochesters on my 354 on a cross ram manifold in my ski boat for several
    years. It idled at about 7-800, had tremendous response and would run up to 6500 rpms. I think it would have been fine on the street. This was in the mid 60's.

23. cavemag

cavemag

Jimmy Whites coupe is hands down my favorite rod. Just everything about it is right for me.

24. Carb-Otto

Carb-Otto
    from FINkLAND

Very good lookin' setup! Usually 97's or 94's are being used because of smaller cfm... I'd run them progressively. Two on the center working on idle and four outer when you push pedal down enough...

25. 94hoghead

94hoghead

This intake has a C 6 cast underneath the W on the inside. The linkage is Non-progressive and seems to be home made.

26. Deuces

Deuces

Nice intake setup!! ;)

27. Cool intake, I would run it!