Register now to get rid of these ads!

Customs HAMB Merc Club! who's in?????

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Bad Bob, Nov 11, 2008.

1. rustryder

rustryder
    from Dinuba ca

got a 40 merc project and a 49 merc driver,any merc club t-shirts available?

Attached Files:

Last edited: Oct 16, 2011

2. Ya BOB- Where's the shirts?!? Gotta fly the colors!:confused:

3. buz-67

buz-67
    from essex uk

I just bought this '53 Merc. it came from nevada now in the uk was last on the road in 2008 but now back on the road it's running a 351W motor
    Does anyone know any history on it?

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

4. redeyewelder

redeyewelder
    from ten

yes ,,,shirts should say HAMB logo,,,and just under merc club,,,and on the back,,,(mercs.. the dom perignon of beer and hotrods:eek:

5. chaos10meter

chaos10meter
    from PA.

I'd go for that , count me in for a few shirts.

6. modelamac

modelamac

I just joined a couple of days ago... I think I'm #437!
    here's a shot of my prize... Found it here on the HAMB! She's an untouched '50. Got it home and got it running, now come on winter so I can start thrashing for next year.

I'd take a couple of shirts!

Attached Files:

7. Dragginwaggin

Dragginwaggin
    from Canada

Hey Bob, I'd like to join, I have 4 Mercury's

Attached Files:

8. Unfortunately.....shirts cost money! EXTRA money......which I don't have right now. I think you guys should come up with some designs,so I can get a cost to have them done,and maybe do a pre-order deal. That way I don't have to come up with all the cash up front. Maybe i'll hook up with Coby and get some ideas.

9. What year is your Merc?

10. redeyewelder

redeyewelder
    from ten

51,,,its in my avatar:D
    <--------///

11. Okay....how the hell am I supposed to tell that's a '51 in your avatar? hahaha! It doesn't say what year on your profile either....

12. Dragginwaggin

Dragginwaggin
    from Canada

Whoops! Sorry Bob, I also forgot to say what years

1949 4 door
    1949 2 door
    1950 Chopped 2 door in progress
    1951 2 Door

...and another picture to make the post slightly interesting ;)

Attached Files:

13. redeyewelder

redeyewelder
    from ten

14. Ill take a shirt or two let me know if it works out.

15. Well....I started on raising my Merc yesterday. Tired of dragging the ground. Put one leaf back on,in the rear,raising it up 2 1/2". Now it has 4 stock leafs and a 1" block.

Will put my new front coils on tomorrow after work. Should raise the front 2". I'm trying to keep the "taildragger" look.
    NO pic's yet! I will post them when i'm done.

16. bigs merc

bigs merc

can't wait to see them bob

17. Lowmerc50

Lowmerc50

2" in the front.. 2 1/5" in the back!!!!! NO dont do it......Keep dragging...

18. Look forward to pics.

19. I drive my Merc ALOT! I've been draggin my oilpan and rear shackles for 6 years now,AND I'VE HAD IT!!!!!!
    It will look much like it did before got the crazy idea that "lower is better".....Lower ISN'T better....comfortable IS better! It will still be low...

20. It would be cool if you could snap a side shot at that same spot you have done some of the other shots, I think it's a side shot on your street.

I would love to have my car lower, I'm not sure what is safe, I'll have to drive over a speed bump, stop and snap a pic to check the clearance.

21. I will take the shots in front of my house,like the one after I lowered it. I will take some measurement shots also. I measured the front at the center of the wheel,ground to the fender well. I measured the rear at the middle of the rear bumperguard. This won't help the guys without bumperguards,so I will come up with a better spot. Maybe the bottom of the rear bumper in the center.
    The front,right now,is 24". It should be around 26-26 1/2" after.

22. Here's what the rear looks like after raising it 3".
    [​IMG]

Here's a "before" pic of the front...
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

It was 24" before
    [​IMG]

After...almost 3"
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Oct 22, 2011
  23. I measured the rear in the middle of my bumper
    before...
    [​IMG]

After I raised the front,it brought down the rear a little
    [​IMG]

24. The height is one thing....BUT the ride is now AMAZING!!!!! It rides like a stock Merc. I replaced the Chevy Pick-up coils with Chevy S10 coils,with 2 coils removed. The rear now has 4 stock leafs and a 1" block.
    I didn't sacrifice too much look for the comfort I acheived....
    [​IMG]

25. Hot Rods Ta Hell

Hot Rods Ta Hell

Stance (still) looks great Bob! No sense in being a fashion slave for looks if you can get some ride comfort and still set right.
    Be forwarned though, your buds will probably bust your balls for awhile about getting old and soft and pussin out by raising your car (to STOCK height):D

26. Nice, still lower than mine... I need to measure mine....

27. I don't care,haha! It was almost this same height,before I went to the Merc Gathering,in Sacramento. Besides,most of the Mercs I know of that are really low,hardly ever get driven anyways. Not even half as much as I drive mine.

28. I'm driving it out to N Hollywood tomorrow,for some promo shots,for a Zombie movie......Should be fun!!!!!