Register now to get rid of these ads!

Features Studebaker's lets see them

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by ZZ-IRON, May 20, 2010.

1. Here's my winter project. A 31 Stude Model 54 coupe. Should be cool.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Sep 19, 2011
  2. captainjunk#2

captainjunk#2

the 31 stude coupe should be very cool , put up some build photos id follow along

3. Stu Cool

Stu Cool

Love it! Dave Polney and Goat Roper Kustoms!

4. Stu Cool

Stu Cool

Variations on a theme:

[​IMG]

Attached Files:

Last edited: Sep 18, 2011
  5. LarkR2Clone

LarkR2Clone

Here's one of mine
    1963 Daytona R2 Clone:D

Attached Files:

6. BruceT

BruceT
    from Abbotsford

my '46...just started this year...chrome is done,stainless is done,new floors are in,cab corners are next.

Attached Files:

7. utfanatic

utfanatic

Bought this 41 Champion Bussiness Coupe two years ago in Atlanta. Brought it home and parked it in the garage. Ripped the flaming interior out, replacing bad glass. Replacing shaved deck and hood with original. Got all the beltline stainless to go back one. Going back with 41 taillights. Filing in License Plate cutout and plate back onn the decklid. All the chrome done by Advanced Plating in Nashville. Puting bumpers back on. Going to put a canary pearl paint on it when done. Replaced the old hotrod dash with original 41 dash retrofited the original gauges with VDO gauges for a original look. Giving the old girl a makeover and will look like a 41 Champion "unmistakable" when done. -robert

Attached Files:

8. Da Tinman

Da Tinman

put some new sneakers on it and added some lake pipes, now I'm really happy with it!

[​IMG]

Oh and the Brat outlined the scallops with some peacock blue.

9. I just bought a 53 Comander from ZZ-IRON. Just starting the build. it's going to have a tube frame, M II maybe an indepedent rear 350/700r4. A dailyriver for Barb. Steve

10. ZZ-IRON

ZZ-IRON
    from Minnesota

Hey Steve did you get the top stainless 1/4 molding off
    your two parts cars?

11. Are you short quarter molding for yours? I may have a spare pair. I need clips do you have some?

I know this is the wrong place but this is a Stude gathering. I just happen to have a complete set of wheel lip moldings for a Lowey. I understand they are pretty rare.

12. ZZ-iron and Porknbeaner My boy took the molding off for me, it's held on by clips ( He's a bodyman whose is starting a shop at my house I had 54x 60 feet of the shop I'm not using. Got the pit dug for the paint booth. Gonna start on the forms for the pit this wekend) Porknbeaner I've still got one more parts car top take apart, so hopefully I'll have all tha parts I need. thanks, Steve

13. ZZ-IRON

ZZ-IRON
    from Minnesota

no i have a couple of sets they need a little tapping
    haven't got any clips

the moldings on my Commander are attached just trying to figure how to remove then with out damaging the moldings

so i take it you pry them up & snap them back on ?

14. JReece

JReece

My Rat Rod '59 2 Door Wagon! All I plan on doing is lowering the front a couple of inches.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

15. oldfart62

oldfart62
    from drummond

I love the starlight ute, Studebaker should have built them that way!!!

16. DEEPNHOCK

DEEPNHOCK

Oops... Sorry...
    Avanti's all look alike to me.:p
    Besides, you didn't start your comment with a serial number, so I got mixed up:rolleyes:

17. oldfart62

oldfart62
    from drummond

18. 37 Dictator coupe ....

Attached Files:

19. Zeke

Zeke

Nice job!!
    Think she'd do stewie for me? Uhhh that doesn't sound right at all...:eek:

20. mbstude

mbstude

Did you just purchase this car? I drove up from Fayetteville and looked it over a few weeks ago. Ended up buying a different Stude Wagon in New York state. Good luck with it..

21. JReece

JReece

Yea I did man, it was Buggmann's old car. I drove it home, running on just a few cylinders. I've cleaned it up some now and put some exhaust on it. I'm thinking about just lowering the front a bit and getting some small chrome center caps. And just driving it. It rides and drives great down the road, really surprised me. Drives like a new car, well a new '59. ;)

22. mbstude

mbstude

Cool.. Glad to see it go to someone that's going to appreciate it.

23. 5brown1

5brown1

Just picked up a 55 Speedster. Rust free, great interior but needs some love.
    I hope it can get along with the 37 coupe.

Attached Files:

24. RUDE STUDE UPDATE 11.16 @ 120.49 shootin for 10.80s...

25. BeatnikPirate

BeatnikPirate
    from Media, Pa.

Yesterday...

Attached Files:

26. ZZ,
    I'm off on an adventure today but let me take a look at mine this evening. I think that you could pry them up using a wide prior, but I also think that if you get the front off that they will slide toward the back better then being pried off.

Someplace I have a pic of a clip I'll try and dig it out for you and scan it. it should help you make a decision to pry or not to pry.

BTW I have doubles of a lot of the nit pic pieces for the Starlight if one of you fellas needs something let me know I'll give a look through my stuff. I do know that I do not have the clips that hold the drip rail molding on, someone had me looking a couple of years ago.

27. 5w32

5w32

"Great Balls o Fire" update , she's running for the first time since 1974, have a look at the attached you tube video. drives straight and stops good , best of 12.21 with the old 455 ski boat engine! soon to get the killer 455. bakersfield or bust....oct 21st... see you there!
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j_chyDWSVP0

Attached Files:

28. JReece

JReece

Here's mine now, since we've lowered it.

ImageUploadedByTJJ1319636800.137427.jpg

ImageUploadedByTJJ1319636838.800885.jpg

Thanks, JReece

My clothing line HiRevZ Clothing Co.
    http://www.facebook.com/hirevz

Most of all build what you want, do what you want, it's your car. My uncle has always said, "If you like it, I love it." Meaning doesn't matter if he likes it or not, because it isn't his car.

29. maverickman514

maverickman514

great looking Studes!
    Living in South Bend for wayyyy too long, I have become an admirer of most Studebakers.
    Sadly, the city has deemed it not only acceptable, but nessecary to virtually erase the entire "Studebaker Corridor" in favor of a big empty field that they call "Ignition Park" tech/industrial park that has held ZERO interest for potential occupants.
    It has been very sad watching the construction crews tear down so much of our city's history. Eventually the only building that will remain will be the former STUDEBAKER CORPRATE HEADQUARTERS, which was saved by the Indiana Historical Society.

So anyway, I hope to someday get my hands on a WAGONAIRE to build into a good driver/family car. It would most likely walk the line of acceptability on here. My plans would include a more modern EFI engine and OD automatic transmission, 15 or (gasp) 16 inch steelies with some good sized tires with either spider caps and beauty rings, or Moon discs. Interior would probably include a late 90's taurus wagon's front and read bench seats. And as far as paint goes?? depends on the condition of the body and paint when/if I get one.

30. Indi-muscle. This is neat.