Register now to get rid of these ads!

41 studebaker tailights

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Danny G, Oct 3, 2011.

1. Danny G

Danny G

Who onhere repops the 41 studebaker tailights? Thanks

2. Phil1934

Phil1934

3. alchemy

alchemy

4. Him
    I saw a set on a car somewhere (I don't recall who had them or where i saw them) they are an excellent tail light.

5. utfanatic

utfanatic

Jeff, you need to get those lights back on.. :D Sounds like bidness is picking up.

6. Atwater Mike

Atwater Mike

My son has a pair of Gennies on his slick '27 track roadster...('nose job'...real timely.
    A CHP officer stopped him one day just to ask where he got the 'neat Studie lights')

Sheer brilliance in repopping those.

7. utfanatic

utfanatic

The 41 taillights are highly sought by old school builders. Becausee of the angle in which they iluminate makes them perfect for 30's and 40's rides. Jeff above at Alchemy makes what appears to be a high quality replica and the price is right at around 450 a pair with the buckets. I plan on gettng some and puting a LED board in them for my 41 I'm redoing. The chrome on those are make from pot metal and didn't hold up well over time, so most have to have serious restoration which is very pricy on pot metal. The lenses are glass and very easy to crack. I have some 40 ford type rears on my stude I'm removing and going to fill in and replace with 41 stude tails. I agree with the CHP they are cool lights. -robert

8. Jonnie King

Jonnie King
    from St. Louis

They are among the coolest lights ever created ! I've seen 'em used on '49-'50 Chevs, and other "rounded fender" cars...and they blend right in due to the shape.

Jonnie King www.legends.thewwbc.net