Register now to get rid of these ads!

home built boattail roadster

Discussion in 'New to the H.A.M.B.? Introduce yourself here!' started by sygreaser, Jun 21, 2011.

1. sygreaser

sygreaser
    from SO-CAL

Hey just though it would be fun to post some pics of my roadster im building and hear some feed back from some other people. im thinking on giving it a vintage aviation theme. most likely gonna put some tall thin biasplys on it. any thoughts or ideas? just interested to hear 'em!

Attached Files:

2. spuds

spuds
    from Idaho

Howdy.. What is going to power it?

3. sygreaser

sygreaser
    from SO-CAL

I have a 360 dodge its just laying around the shop but i want something more traditional.. im open to suggestions, please keep in mind i dont have much cash....:(

Last edited: Jun 21, 2011
  4. VonKool13

VonKool13

Looks cool. What are you doing for a frame? Can I suggest using either a modified stock model A frame or buying one. Trust me when I say fabbing up a frame is not easy. Good Luck and keep on keepin on!

5. aintscaird

aintscaird
    from georgia

Hey! I like it! What are you using under the hood for the lower part of the quarters? I'm working on one along the same lines, sorta like Chris Casney's Nash. Love it!

6. Great start! Welcome aboard!

7. Nickel Steve

Nickel Steve

I love the idea of using the Ford hood as the upper part of the boat-tail. I'd second the thought about the Model A frame. Lots of companies make them and offer all kinds of mods; stretching, pinching, X members, etc. Then you can use whatever power train and suspension you like. I think traditional for a Boat-tail would be something inline. Maybe a Ford 300.

8. Just Gadget

Just Gadget

Welcome to the H.A.M.B. from Tennessee! Follow the rules here and you'll do fine!

9. I like what you did by making the tail out of the Ford truck hood. Good idea!

10. spikez57

spikez57

Looks cool... Welcome from N.E...0-HI-o

11. VectorGES

VectorGES
    from Conway, SC