Register now to get rid of these ads!

Nash on a pole !!!!

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by low merc51, Oct 5, 2011.

1. low merc51

low merc51

Any other cars on poles ????? Old junk yard near Hardin ,Il.
    Always wanted to see it when I was a kid !!!!

Attached Files:

2. bcook07

bcook07
    from Illinois

Its sad that that yard closed up. I have a home movie at home somewhere that was shot in 1993 when the river flooded. The water came up to the bottom of the tires on that car. looked like that Nash was driving on the water.

I live in Carrollton, IL. I was only 4 when it flooded but I remember the high school gym full of national guard. My dad and all his brothers sand-bagged.

3. low merc51

low merc51

I was born in 1967 and I can always remember the Nash being up there !! Does anyone know when they put it up there ?????

4. The HellyDid

The HellyDid
    from Florida

This was Richie's Volkswagen repair back in the day, the building is long gone but the car is now home to the pigeons, had to get a pix with my car

Attached Files:

• sign.jpg
      sign.jpg
      File size:
      339.3 KB
      Views:

5. SquireDon

SquireDon
    from Oregon

My uncle owns a 50's dinner in Salem Oregon. His sign is a '59 Cadillac on a pole.

Attached Files:

6. Everything tastes better on a stick...

7. MikeRose

MikeRose
    from Yuma, AZ

Metropolitan on a guys roof in B.C. Mexico. There's a telephone pole behind it. Does that count? He had quite a few old cars, even a model A hot rod.

[​IMG]

8. toml24

toml24

For several years in the late 1950s Les Bacon and Sons Ford in Hermosa Beach, Ca, had a red 1954 Ford Mainline hanging from a pole in front of their dealership. They removed the engine and transmission and hoisted the car some 60 feet up the pole. Les Bacon was a major sponsor of the local jalopy races and the words are famous on local TV---"GET OFF YOUR COUCH and get on down to Les Bacon and Sons Ford!!"

9. Mr Lee

Mr Lee
    from cali

10. A coupe on a stick at Rock Valley Antique, in Illinois; should be put back on the road!

[​IMG]

11. Hmmm, except for the Bug, I don't mind ANY of those cars being skewered like that :)

12. el Scotto

el Scotto
    from Tracy, CA

13. 48 Poncho

48 Poncho
    from Tennessee

LMAO.....is that shish-ka-junk or a parking area at a NSRA event?:eek: (sorry couldn't resist:D)

Seriously, there's an old Studebaker on a pole at Dixie Radiator near Waverly, TN that used to belong to my ex-wife's Uncle. Will try to snap a shot the next time through there.

48 Poncho

14. spiderdeville

spiderdeville
    from BOGOTA,NJ

there was one on rt 22 in WINGDALE NY ..a henry j
    no photos I can find

15. kevo

kevo
    from Keller, TX

not on a stick, but I saw a 64 coupe on the roof the other day... lol
    [​IMG]

16. [​IMG] Looks like shit on a stick.:p

17. there use to be a row of wrecked cars on telephone poles on rte 15 by gettsyburg Pa before they widened it.....due to the fog that area was really dangerous and the wrecked cars got your attention real quick.

18. lukey

lukey

Theres a small town on 104 in illinois with an old funnycar on the roof af a bar...might hafta go for a ride next weekend. Also a 55 chevy on a pole in springfield il. At a used car lot. Will get pix next time i head that way

-LUKEY-

19. bcook07

bcook07
    from Illinois

how about a Jalapeño on a stick

[​IMG]

20. 4t7flat

4t7flat

In Hollywood there was a Nash Metro,turned verticle and made into phone booth. It was outside a gourmet hamberger restuarant,owned partly by Paul Neumen I think. They tore it down a few years ago. I gave away my picturesI had taken,to a Metro owner,I met at a show. At one time there were pictures on the internet of it.

21. This is out front at my work,nothing on poles but they were stripper limos so poles were involved to a degree!

22. gearguy

gearguy

The shish-ka-bob of cars was in Wayne's World. Several years ago the town decided it was an eyesore and ordered it torn down. I think the artis tried to sell it on E-Bay but had no takers. Bids to take it down were pretty high. Chicago suburbs lost another landmark.

23. arkiehotrods

arkiehotrods

In Tulsa years ago there was a salvage yard that had a Crosley on a pole

24. Midwest Rodder

Midwest Rodder

I drove by that almost every day to go to work when I was living in Berwyn years ago, I always got a kick out of it.